HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help MacT survive.

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 08:42 AM
IceDragoon

vCash: 500
Help MacT survive.

If we don't vote in the latest poll, our coach is 'off the island'.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=21228

I'm sure a lot of Flamers have been voting for him all along, simply out of spite.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Obsessed

Target Quinville then!!

Old
10-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Target Quinville then!!
When I first saw the Poll MacT was losing 3-0 so I figured I'd be the first to chose Quenneville.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:28 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Craig looks safe this round.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
I voted Quenneville. He consistently has top flight players and they are always considered contenders, but always end up as 'also rans'.
LMAO!

You got da POWER sista!

Quenneville is getting beaten like a rented mule

Old
10-20-2003, 05:40 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
When I first saw the Poll MacT was losing 3-0 so I figured I'd be the first to chose Quenneville.
I think it was 4-2 when I got there.

Thanx for the help guys and gals.
note - flaming C's votes - lol

Next poll starts tomorrow morning at 10:30 (based on this 1 being closed at 10:29). Wadda ya think? Should we 'borrow' Irish Blues' http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...106#post346106 reasoning. Or does someone have a better idea?

Obviously, MacT will get voted off at some point. However, he's still better than a few HCs that are left and I don't want him to lose to irrational reasoning. imho

*duck*
(sry - occasionally i lose to an oxymoron)

Old
10-21-2003, 11:32 AM
IceDragoon

New poll up.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=21583

I haven't voted yet, because I thought that I would enlist the help of you knowledgeable posters. Who do you think is a worse coach than MacT?

Old
10-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
New poll up.

http://www.hfboards.com/poll.php?do=...ts&pollid=7065

I haven't voted yet, because I thought that I would enlist the help of you knowledgeable posters. Who do you think is a worse coach than MacT?
Jacques Lemaire!!

Charged with treason and attemped murder of the game of Hockey!!

Old
10-21-2003, 11:45 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Jacques Lemaire!!

Charged with treason and attemped murder of the game of Hockey!!
Works for me. Are you going to post your reasoning on the poll board?

edit - boy am I easy. I have to leave soon, so I went and voted. He has 1 vote.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Works for me. Are you going to post your reasoning on the poll board?

Sure. Its not like anyone takes me seriously..

Old
10-21-2003, 02:17 PM
IceDragoon

This one's going to be close. For some reason, fans of other teams hate MacT. Go figure.

btw - There is someone here (you know who you are) that chose to split the vote. :p

Old
10-21-2003, 02:29 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
This one's going to be close. For some reason, fans of other teams hate MacT. Go figure.
Could be because he rips the tongues out of mascots .

Old
10-21-2003, 02:42 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Could be because he rips the tongues out of mascots .

You may be on to something their c. If all the mascots are posters on this forum, he is doomed.

btw - 1 poster is rather upset that Lemaire is getting a few votes.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:13 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Obsessed[/b]]Charged with treason and attemped murder of the game of Hockey!!
Whether it's the Left-wing Lock, Right-WingNut Vice, and/or the Neutral Zone Trap, any of these patient styles of hockey, albeit boring hockey during the regular season, that give less talented teams a chance to make the playoffs and have a run at the cup (Carolina, Minny, etc.), and give more talented defensive teams (New Jersey) a chance to kiss Stanley, this style of hockey can't be discounted. Why? Because winning hockey is what counts! The Sens, hopefully, will elevate this style retrospectively back to the Habs' Glory years where the Canadiens skill suffocated the other orginal six teams.

Jacques Lemaire, JACQUES MARTIN, Ken Hitchcock, and/or Pat Burns coaching of this style of hockey might seem like Chinese frozen water torture but when ice chips are banged incessantly on your head because you are kissing the ice, you are not scoring goals. As I watched St. Louis behind Dougie Weight give Ales Hemsky and the young Oilers a lesson in grit, I wondered if my vote to eliminated Joe Quinville over Coach Craig in the HFBoards coaches pool was warranted. Defending a 3 goal lead should be rudimentary hockey, period.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:09 PM
elphy101

I personally don't feel that MacT deserves to be any higher up the list. He's a solid coach but in no way do I see him in the same light as most of other coaches remaining in the poll.

I would drop MacT instantly if I could pick up one of Ken Hitchcock, Marc Crawford, Bob Hartley and the list goes on......

MacT is a solid coach but in no way do I see him as an elite one.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:41 PM
OYLer

Unfortunately, I've been agreeing with your assertion for the last 2 years elphy101

Old
10-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Title of this thread sounds like it could be a good video game. Time to send this one in to EA Sports.. .

Old
10-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Oilers Hockey

MAcT isn't a GREAT coach. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if all the Oiler fans here kept him alive until the end? LOL! I do however think he's doing a better job with the Oilers than Sutter with the Flames, even Murray, and Lemaire for his insufferable style of hockey. MacT doesnt even deserve to be in the final six. I don't understand his roster choices? *shrugs*

Old
10-22-2003, 06:13 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
MAcT isn't a GREAT coach. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if all the Oiler fans here kept him alive until the end? LOL! I do however think he's doing a better job with the Oilers than Sutter with the Flames, even Murray, and Lemaire for his insufferable style of hockey. MacT doesnt even deserve to be in the final six. I don't understand his roster choices? *shrugs*
No, he's not, yet. But as you say, he's still better than a few that are left. I had no intentions of trying to keep him alive till the end, or even close to the end. I just wanted to stick it to the flames fan who started the poll and all his buddies who then voted for MacT, as I said, out of spite.

Maybe Lemaire is a better coach, altho I hate the style of hockey he preaches. At least he has won it all. 10 times with the Habs (8 times as a player, 2 times he was in a front office position) and, of course, once as the head coach of the Devils in '95.

What, exactly, have Andy Murray and the 2 Sutter boys won in the NHL. Squat. Nadda. Zip.

MacT has hoisted Lord Stanley's Mug, 5 times. And, he was no fringe player, just along for the ride. He was a direct contributor to the teams' successes. He was thrown in to the head coaching position too soon, imho, he should have been an assistant for another year or 2. He has progressed as a coach, even tho he has had limited assets to work with. He has addressed his shortcomings and made adjustments accordingly.

Any of you who think that KLo added Simpson and Peters to the coaching staff because MacT 'couldn't get the job done', think again. The coaching team is MacT's domain. He saw where he needed help and worked with KLo to get the men he wanted. Pretty smart, if you ask me.

Anyway, as far as the poll goes, this is a moot point. He's done like toast. And there are at least 3 guys left, that should have been voted off before him.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
flames fan who started the poll and all his buddies who then voted for MacT, as I said, out of spite.
No kidding, Flamers always try to drag us down to their level, I know most of Mac's votes were from disgruntled Flamers anyway. :mad: Hence my smartass remark about turning crap to gold...

Maybe I should bump the NHL Survivor threads to remind Flamers what place educated fans think they'll up. Was it 27th or 28th overall? LOL!~

Old
10-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Oilers Hockey

BTW IceDragoon, you should post what you said about MAcT in the Coach thread, it was great!

Old
10-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Oilers Hockey

BTW Mact is gone.

I suggest all of us vote Sutter. The Calgary Flames=Once a pile of crap, always a pile crap. Sutter can't change that.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:37 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
BTW IceDragoon, you should post what you said about MAcT in the Coach thread, it was great!
I see that you're easy too. ^^^

Eh... Very few voters are using their brains in that poll. I think, trying to make them think, is not worth the effort.

Altho, I don't want to detract from your intentions hemskyfan, I'm starting to think... The higher Darryl Sutter places, the less credible the poll is. When ever I see ****, I get an uncontrollable urge to 'disturb' it. I could certainly use a great team of **** disturbers.

Wadda ya say guys? Wanna play? Could be good for a laugh or 3.

The rules are simple:

Wait for at least 12 - 15 votes to establish a trend. Then vote for whoever has the highest number of votes, besides DS. And don't post your vote.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=21869

You don't have to respond to this. I'll just post a link each day, for as long as Darryl Sutter is in the mix.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:59 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I personally don't feel that MacT deserves to be any higher up the list. He's a solid coach but in no way do I see him in the same light as most of other coaches remaining in the poll.

I would drop MacT instantly if I could pick up one of Ken Hitchcock, Marc Crawford, Bob Hartley and the list goes on......

MacT is a solid coach but in no way do I see him as an elite one.
yah man i agree. Bab Hartley is superior compared to MacT. Look what he did to a team like the Thrashers. he's turning that organization around single-handedly.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Skylla

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
yah man i agree. Bab Hartley is superior compared to MacT. Look what he did to a team like the Thrashers. he's turning that organization around single-handedly.

I completely agree. If you are a good coach then you take your team to the Cup. Look at baseball for example and general managers. They switch teams and suddenly they are off in the playoffs. Good coaching makes good players great!

Closed Thread