User and abuser

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Stevenson is waived.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4163399.html

Wild notes: Team waives Jeremy Stevenson
Chris Snow, Star Tribune

Published October 20, 2003 HNOT20

DALLAS -- The Wild placed right winger Jeremy Stevenson on waivers Sunday, clearing roster space to activate Richard Park, who returned from a right knee injury.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Kristofer

But I guess it was going to happen eventually.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillmont

But I guess it was going to happen eventually.
I guess I was always a little surprised he did as well as he did. He may be back, too. The way we've been playing lately I wish we could keep a few more than 23 on the roster.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:06 AM
DW

The real problem will be when Gaborik and Dupuis sign. Who goes down then?

Chouinard-that would be a no IMO. We finally have a good faceoff man here and he has played pretty well so far.

Brandner-a big NO. He's only one of a few that has looked good in all the games.

Burns-not likely. JL is in love with this guy and he too has played pretty well so far.

Henry-unknown. He hasn't played yet. Seems to be on the slow path by managememt. Kind of like Zyuzin was before whomever got injured.

Roche-50/50 here. I personally wish the Wild would play him in more games to see if he has any chance of being a regular. Right now, it doesn't look promising. He's had some bad turnovers but so has the "vets" on this team.

Park-not likely. He just came back from his injury. Just have to wait and see on how he plays.

Daigle-50/50 also. The Wild are looking for him to put up points. He hasn't played terrible, not good either. This one is kind of tough IMO. How can the management expect any player to be a scorer on this team? There just isn't enough offensive talent here to see how he can do. But I guess that is why he was brought in too. To help spark some offense as well.

Who have I missed? Only the group of the "chosen vets". Hendrickson, Dowd, and ????. Marhsall was already shown the door after a whopping two games. To be fair, both Dowd and Hendrickson have played way better then expected. Seems they too see the writing on the wall. If the season continues on it's present path, I wonder if we finally rid ourselves of the players of this ilk.

To me it's seems that it comes down to three guys. Henry, Roche, and Daigle. Plus we have to wait and see what happens with Mitchell today. The papers have said they should have an idea on how severe it is today. This injury could be huge on this team.

Did anyone catch the Star Trib about Dupuis being signed "soon." I wonder how soon is soon? I think I heard this before too.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:27 AM
ceber

Saw the Dupuis comment. Hard to know if it means anything. I guess that'd up to Dupuis. The team sure doesn't seem to be try too hard to get him to sign. If they were really eager, wouldn't they just give him the extra 200k or so they are apart? It's not much money. Take away some incentives. If he doesn't do well, cut him loose in 2 years. Big picture view, that's not a terrible contract to have go poorly, compared to some, huh? I think there's something else going on with the Dupuis deal besides the money. But, what do I know?

As far as who else goes, assuming Gaborik is the next one signed, beats the heck outta me. I think Brandner's in a safer position now that Stevenson's gone down. Daigle seems to be doing fairly well, but I could see him going, I guess. I'd rather he didn't, though. I'm tempted to suggest Darby or Dowd, but that just doesn't seem likely. Like you say, depending on Willie's injury, maybe a D-man.

*shrug*

Old
10-22-2003, 09:06 AM
ceber

Nashville claimed Stevenson.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Kristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Nashville claimed Stevenson.
*sniff**sniff*

At least he'll get a shot at a roster spot. Go Stevenson!

Closed Thread