HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Primeau

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 08:57 AM
NAILS

vCash: 500
Primeau

With his goal on Saturday night our captain is only 11 goals away from his projected seasons total. Good to see 5 million put to good use.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAILS
With his goal on Saturday night our captain is only 11 goals away from his projected seasons total. Good to see 5 million put to good use.
LOL, didn't you get the memo? Primeau is a Selke nominee

Old
10-20-2003, 09:03 AM
NAILS

He is also a real hard worker. A real grinder I hear.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:14 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

He'll finish the year with about 20, which is pretty good when playing against the other teams #1 line every night and getting little to no power play time.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
NAILS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
He'll finish the year with about 20, which is pretty good when playing against the other teams #1 line every night and getting little to no power play time.
20 ??? I don't see captain stone hands potting 19 more. Give him 12 goals and let him keep playing with that legendary grit. :dazzle:

Old
10-20-2003, 09:32 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
20 ??? I don't see captain stone hands potting 19 more. Give him 12 goals and let him keep playing with that legendary grit. :dazzle:

He had 19 last year, he'll be good for about the same.

He's every bit the player that John Madden & Bobby Holik are. yes, the same Holik that most people wanted us to sign and pay $7 million per season.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:36 AM
NAILS

Quote:
He had 19 last year, he'll be good for about the same.

He's every bit the player that John Madden & Bobby Holik are. yes, the same Holik that most people wanted us to sign and pay $7 million per season.
Huh ?? He is not nrearly the player that either one of those guys is. Holik is a much better player and Madden is 10x the player Primeau is. Did you watch Madden in the playoffs ? He scores big goals unlike Primeau, is awesome on the penalty kill and is a great skater. Please don't even put Primeau in the class with those other 2 guys, especially Madden.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Huh ?? He is not nrearly the player that either one of those guys is. Holik is a much better player and Madden is 10x the player Primeau is. Did you watch Madden in the playoffs ? He scores big goals unlike Primeau, is awesome on the penalty kill and is a great skater. Please don't even put Primeau in the class with those other 2 guys, especially Madden.

I'd love to hear how Holik is much the better player. He's really turned those Rangers around, right ??? The Devils certainly have been devastated by the loss of Holik.

Madden had a very good playoff, no doubt about that. the one point I'll certainly conceded is that he does have a knack for scoring big goals.

The great Madden had 19 & 22 for 41 points last year. yes he played against the other teams top line every night. yes he contributed to the Devils very good penalty killing team.

The awful Primeau had 19 & 27 for 46 points last year. Played against the other teams top lines every night. Was our best face-off man by far. Was one of our key penalty killers.

Id Madden a fastet skater than Primeau, probably but it's a hellluva lot closer than you might think. Primeau may not be the shiftiest player in the world, but he has good speed. What advantage Madden has in speed Primeau makes up for with 6 inches and 30 lbs.

If you want to argue that Madden is better than Primeau, I'll concede that, but if you think it's not close than you're not being fair to Primeau.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Brad*

Quote:
I'd love to hear how Holik is much the better player. He's really turned those Rangers around, right ??? The Devils certainly have been devastated by the loss of Holik.

Madden had a very good playoff, no doubt about that. the one point I'll certainly conceded is that he does have a knack for scoring big goals.

The great Madden had 19 & 22 for 41 points last year. yes he played against the other teams top line every night. yes he contributed to the Devils very good penalty killing team.

The awful Primeau had 19 & 27 for 46 points last year. Played against the other teams top lines every night. Was our best face-off man by far. Was one of our key penalty killers.

Id Madden a fastet skater than Primeau, probably but it's a hellluva lot closer than you might think. Primeau may not be the shiftiest player in the world, but he has good speed. What advantage Madden has in speed Primeau makes up for with 6 inches and 30 lbs.

If you want to argue that Madden is better than Primeau, I'll concede that, but if you think it's not close than you're not being fair to Primeau.
Exactly. Keith Primeau constantly gets dogged on around here for whatever reason and to be honest, it's unfair and I'm getting a little irritated with it.

Keith Primeau is bar none the best defensive forward the Flyers have-he's matched up against the opposing teams number one center every game as evidence of that. Take a look the next time the Flyers are in a one goal game late in the 3rd period and usually the guy you're going to see out there is Primeau-not Roenick or Handzus.

With Madden you have a case to argue against Primeau, but with Holik you have nothing to stand on. The Devils haven't lost a step without the "defensive stalwart" that Holik is and the Rangers haven't exactly righted ship since he arrived.

Like John pointed out, Keith Primeau is every bit as good as Holik and without Primeau the Flyers would be in a lot of trouble. He's vastly more important to the team than you give him credit for.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Rex8

vCash:
A. Keith will get 16-22 goals if healthy (70ish games)
B. I would rather have Madden but no way Holik, even if money is even.
C. Prims is our most consistent defensive forward, takes the body regularly, not the case with many of our current players, and is good in faceoffs and will drop the gloves if needed.

All that said, he is very valuable to this team - 5 million is a bit much but lets see what he takes next year, hopefully less to stay.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
blah

Primeau over Madden any day.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:25 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
In our current situation I would not trade Primeau for Madden because we already lack size and have plenty of speed. Primeau is up there with Madden if not better then him as a shut down foward but I edge out Primeau because he can throw some huge hits and play the body. Madden doesn't exactly have the best hands and goal scoring touch either or he would be on the top line scoring 60+ points.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Rex8

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
In our current situation I would not trade Primeau for Madden because we already lack size and have plenty of speed. Primeau is up there with Madden if not better then him as a shut down foward but I edge out Primeau because he can throw some huge hits and play the body. Madden doesn't exactly have the best hands and goal scoring touch either or he would be on the top line scoring 60+ points.
I was not suggesting a trade, but Madden and Prims are very close and money would and will be a big issue in whether or not he stays next year. That alone may push Madden ahead in who you would want.
Anyhoo - not gonna happen and I like having Primeau on our side.

Closed Thread