HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boyd Kane

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 02:53 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Boyd Kane

Why did we not sign this kid? Yes his skating was not good but he could have had potential. He just made his nhl debut with flyers and alot of fans think he has potential in NHL. thanks sather, u make me wonder sometimes.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...644#post347644

Old
10-20-2003, 03:24 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
There has to be better things to complain about. The potential they're talking about is a fourth line RW/ waiver fodder. There are thousands of those out there and we probably have 5 of them in our system.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=28838

His stats on Hartford are nothing impressive. Personally I'm glad he's not on this team right now, he'd probably be in the same class as Purrinton and that's the type of player you only could use one of, if that, really shows how bad this team is.

I personally don't blame Sather for not signing him, and couldn't care either way.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Edge

he wasnt all that impressive in hartford and will be one of those bubble players who changes teams via waiver drafts, etc.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:02 PM
PEZLTJ

i thought boyd kane was very impressive from what i saw of him in hartford. sure his stats weren't impressive but i didn't know that was all a player was scouted on. the kid has heart. he is grinder team player who wears his heart on his sleave and would do anything that was asked to do. role player or whatever you want to call it but i guess that isn't the direction the rangers want to go.

just my two cents

Old
10-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEZLTJ
i thought boyd kane was very impressive from what i saw of him in hartford. sure his stats weren't impressive but i didn't know that was all a player was scouted on. the kid has heart. he is grinder team player who wears his heart on his sleave and would do anything that was asked to do. role player or whatever you want to call it but i guess that isn't the direction the rangers want to go.

just my two cents
If we could only get a player with that kind of heart that had the talent to match.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Dr Love

I did a double take since I started a thread of the same title at the Flyers board and saw one here. Although it's only been two games, Kane has looked like a legit NHL player. Nothing more than a 4th liner/spot duty 3rd liner, but a legit one so far. Hitchcock and Holmgren wondered why no one gave him a shot at the NHL, and it looks like their suspicion was right. Again, it's only two games, but he's looked like a legit player. Most likely a career minor leaguer that bounces between the NHL and AHL when it's all said and done, but he's looked solid so far.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
If we could only get a player with that kind of heart that had the talent to match.
if you ask the bunch around here dale purinton fits that bill. if you ask me purinton and kane are two guys that would be playing in the echl if the nhl didnt over expand during the 90's

Old
10-20-2003, 06:20 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
if you ask the bunch around here dale purinton fits that bill. if you ask me purinton and kane are two guys that would be playing in the echl if the nhl didnt over expand during the 90's
Why are you so down on Purinton? Nobody is saying he's anything more than a 6th/7th defenseman. Given his role on the team as an enforcer, I think he does a pretty good job, or at least whats asked of him. Every team needs a guy like him. The Isles have Cairns. The Devs have Brown. Plus he's homegrown, works his ass off, and is popular in the locker room.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:10 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Why are you so down on Purinton? Nobody is saying he's anything more than a 6th/7th defenseman. Given his role on the team as an enforcer, I think he does a pretty good job, or at least whats asked of him. Every team needs a guy like him. The Isles have Cairns. The Devs have Brown. Plus he's homegrown, works his ass off, and is popular in the locker room.
It's not that he's down on Purinton, he's stating fact. Players like him are fringe as it is right now, he would most deffinitly not be in the NHL and probably AHL had the league not expanded.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

The fact is that the NHL did expand and most teams have one or two (if not more) players who would have never made it beyond the minors in the past. The trick is to use them in a way that maximizes their skills.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Edge

kane was not anything special in hartford and i doubt he's found a home in the nhl either.

c'mon burke henry got a call up last season and anyone who watched him in hartford knew how clueless he was in his own zone.

kane's biggest thing was that he didnt score, he missed a lot of checks and wasnt entirely impressive defensivly.

he's a big kid who will drop em and thats whats gonna keep him up but if he were here he's just another guy vying for a 4th line spot.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Erm. He was dealt by us to Tampa Bay in the Taylor deal...

Old
10-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Traded to Tampa Bay by New York Rangers for Gordie Dwyer, October 10, 2002. Signed as a free agent by Philadelphia, July 14, 2003.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

So it wasn't the Taylor deal. But it's not like we didn't re-sign him.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Edge

i dunno i think there's a lot of smoke blowing for nothing. heck ken gernander played 12 NHL games.....

Closed Thread