Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
A couple of quick questions:

1) What's up with Kaigorodov, is he playing worse this season or is he just a victim of ice time or russian score keeping?

2) Is Mirnov for real? He leads his draft class in goals and is 6th ingoals on the list for "NHL Prospects".

Any Info on Sergei Gimayev or Vitaliy Atyushov would be appreciated as well.
Alexei Kaigorodov has Been getting less play time on the 3rd and 4th lines but isn't really doing anything impressive to deserve more ice time.He has an unimpressive 0 goals and 3 assists in 21 games this season.

Igor Mirnov has been impressive this season.But then again it doesn't hurt playing on a team with Ovechkin.Ovechkin seems to draw alot of attention away from other players giving players like Mirnov opportunities to shine.

Sergei Gimayev is not an offensive force considering he doesn't have any points this season.He is pretty good in his own zone though.He has been getting mainly 4th line defensive duties.

GP:23 G:0 A:0 Pts:0 PIM:14

Vitaliy Atyushov is doing pretty well for Metallurg this year.He is getting 4th line defensive duty mainly.Atyushov is making the most of the time he gets though.He also has the luxury/pressure of playing on a 1st place team.

GP:25 G:1 A:3 Pts:4 PIM:14

Old
12-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Volchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Alexei Kaigorodov has Been getting less play time on the 3rd and 4th lines but isn't really doing anything impressive to deserve more ice time.He has an unimpressive 0 goals and 3 assists in 21 games this season.

Igor Mirnov has been impressive this season.But then again it doesn't hurt playing on a team with Ovechkin.Ovechkin seems to draw alot of attention away from other players giving players like Mirnov opportunities to shine.

Sergei Gimayev is not an offensive force considering he doesn't have any points this season.He is pretty good in his own zone though.He has been getting mainly 4th line defensive duties.

GP:23 G:0 A:0 Pts:0 PIM:14

Vitaliy Atyushov is doing pretty well for Metallurg this year.He is getting 4th line defensive duty mainly.Atyushov is making the most of the time he gets though.He also has the luxury/pressure of playing on a 1st place team.

GP:25 G:1 A:3 Pts:4 PIM:14
Thanks for the info! I hope this means that Kaigorodov will come over to NA next season.

Old
12-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Qubax

He Spongebob hoe are Konstantin Pushkaryev and Konstantin Glazchev doing?...

I hope these guys can make the NHL for LA and Nasvhille and I was just curoious about there progress.....

Old
12-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
He Spongebob hoe are Konstantin Pushkaryev and Konstantin Glazchev doing?...

I hope these guys can make the NHL for LA and Nasvhille and I was just curoious about there progress.....
Konstantin Pushkarev is doing pretty good right now.He is still only on Avangard's farm club but he is second on the team in scoring.He needs alittle time to mature physically.Next year will be a better measure of his NHL potential.

Konstantin Glazachev is a hard one to figure out right now.He has been getting limited opportunities (only 14 games) and limited ice-time (usually getiing 4th line shifts).That being said usually players have to earn better line assignments and work for ice-time.He hasn't really earned a spot on a 1st or 2nd line yet.He is still young though and given a little time he might develop into a top scorer in the league.I think that is probably a few years from now though.

Old
12-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Qubax

Thanks Sponge Bob much appreciated....

Old
12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
coreywalsh

vCash:
Hi SpongeBob,

Thank you so much for all the time & effort you give us with info.
I have 2 Q's:

1-What is Dimitri Altarev doing this year? He had a great goal scoring season last year but the NYI (his NHL drafted team) NEVER mentions him? Is he NHL material?

2-Is it a given that Guskov will come back to Columbus next season to play with Zherdev? Or is that now over with, since Guskov didn't impress enough in pre-season?

Thanks!

Old
12-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Soyuz

Well, I am not SpongeBob, but here is the lowdown:
Altarev is not NHL material, and he will make it over to Long Island.

Guskov could be NHL material, BUT he won't likely come back. He has a great thing going in Yaroslavl and he is the best in what he does in Russia for a lot of money, why switch? If Zherdev, Mozyakin, Tkachenko all show up in camp - all bets are off - he might come too! Otherwise, forget it. How forgiving do you think Lokomotiv is? They love him, but to snub them two seasons in a row? They club's management might get a bit upset!

Old
12-13-2003, 09:01 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Might anyone know where Artem Kriukov is presently playing in Russia?

Old
12-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyuz
Well, I am not SpongeBob, but here is the lowdown:
Altarev is not NHL material, and he will make it over to Long Island.

Guskov could be NHL material, BUT he won't likely come back. He has a great thing going in Yaroslavl and he is the best in what he does in Russia for a lot of money, why switch? If Zherdev, Mozyakin, Tkachenko all show up in camp - all bets are off - he might come too! Otherwise, forget it. How forgiving do you think Lokomotiv is? They love him, but to snub them two seasons in a row? They club's management might get a bit upset!
Well, I tend to agree with Soyuz here. I think Guskov could be a great addition to many NHL clubs but he really did not like the fact that he was the only Russian in the camp. I know that places like Red Wings, NJ Devils, Flames and some others purposely hired people of Russian descent to help new players adapt. I think that Columbus should remember that the Russians have most problems among all newcomers because rarely Russian players know English.

Old
12-13-2003, 09:25 PM
kruezer

Hey Spongebob, can I get an update (stats and anything else you may know) on the Flames RHL prospects like Medvedev, Kokorev, Borbov...etc.
Thanks.

Old
12-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Soyuz

Kruezer, here is a bit about the Flames prospects:

Medvedev: splitting his ice time right down the middle with Glebov for Spartak Moscow. Doing very well, but so is the team, which is head and shoulders above the competition. He is doing well, much better now then earlier in the season, when he struggled a bit.

Bobrov: Plays for Kristal Elektrsotal in the Upper League. He is not doing as well as last year, but the situation is better - Kristal has money and Bobrov actually now has veterans to learn from, instead of playing on the top lines. he is doing ok though, don't remeber the stats off hand, but probably like 10 points in 25 games.

Kokorev: Also on Upper Leauge's Spartak Moscow - he is doing ok, but is the club's 6th or 7th defenseman, doing ok, but slipping from being a prospect. Needs to be signed now to be salvaged, or forgotten about. No injuries in a couple of seasons - he is definitely better now then two years ago, but needs to be taken out of the Upper League.

Old
12-14-2003, 10:05 AM
daiglek91

Do anyone know about 2005 draft prospect Vitaly Anikeenko ? And where can I find the stats of Enver Lisin, please ?

Last edited by daiglek91: 12-17-2003 at 12:37 PM.
Old
12-14-2003, 10:18 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyuz
Kruezer, here is a bit about the Flames prospects:

Medvedev: splitting his ice time right down the middle with Glebov for Spartak Moscow. Doing very well, but so is the team, which is head and shoulders above the competition. He is doing well, much better now then earlier in the season, when he struggled a bit.

Bobrov: Plays for Kristal Elektrsotal in the Upper League. He is not doing as well as last year, but the situation is better - Kristal has money and Bobrov actually now has veterans to learn from, instead of playing on the top lines. he is doing ok though, don't remeber the stats off hand, but probably like 10 points in 25 games.

Kokorev: Also on Upper Leauge's Spartak Moscow - he is doing ok, but is the club's 6th or 7th defenseman, doing ok, but slipping from being a prospect. Needs to be signed now to be salvaged, or forgotten about. No injuries in a couple of seasons - he is definitely better now then two years ago, but needs to be taken out of the Upper League.
Hey thanks.

Closed Thread