HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Don Cherry's Coach's Corner 2016-2017 edition

Old
12-10-2016, 08:12 PM
KPower

vCash: 500
Grapes right as usual.

Manning is not only a punk, he's a coward too.

KPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:13 PM
underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
As if McDavid would have fought him.
It sure looked like he did, he's a laid back guy and if he wanted to fight he wanted to fight, even if Manning is a gutless puke. What a disgrace, these are the modern guys in hockey. Hope the hockey gods are watching this puke.

underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:18 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
Grapes right as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
It sure looked like he did, he's a laid back guy and if he wanted to fight he wanted to fight, even if Manning is a gutless puke. What a disgrace, these are the modern guys in hockey. Hope the hockey gods are watching this puke.
This is so amazing.

Do people seriously think that Manning wouldn't fight Mcdavid? Have you seen the people he has fought in the last year? He gets whooped every time, but saying he is a coward is flat out laughable. Not to mention any player would dream of the chance to take Mcdavid off the ice for five minutes.

But no let's listen to an old dinosaur who probably couldn't sleep last night knowing he would get to say "told ya so" to everyone watching.

orangecrush8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Del McPreston
1,000 Brown M&Ms

vCash: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
El oh el

Apparently Connor wanted to drop the gloves but Manning wouldn't.

What an ass hat.
Did you watch the multiple clips Cherry showed of McDavid going at Manning and Manning wanting nothing to do with him?

Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:19 PM
underdog

Quote:
This is so amazing.

Do people seriously think that Manning wouldn't fight Mcdavid? Have you seen the people he has fought in the last year? He gets whooped every time, but saying he is a coward is flat out laughable. Not to mention any player would dream of the chance to take Mcdavid off the ice for five minutes.
Don't think you get it, it was a honor thing even if Manning kicked his ass he should've dropped the gloves when challenged instead of acting like a punk.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:22 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del McPreston View Post
Did you watch the multiple clips Cherry showed of McDavid going at Manning and Manning wanting nothing to do with him?
Mcdavid slashing Manning means he wants to fight?

Did you happen to hear Mcdavid say in the post game Manning should have fought one of our guys? (ie not him)

Old
12-10-2016, 08:25 PM
StupidityKills

Quote:

Did you happen to hear Mcdavid say in the post game Manning should have fought one of our guys? (ie not him)
McDavid slashes Manning and hopes that Manning goes after him so that one of his teammates can jump in and fight for him.

StupidityKills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:26 PM
PanthersPens62
GGIB

Quote:
This is so amazing.

But no let's listen to an old dinosaur who probably couldn't sleep last night knowing he would get to say "told ya so" to everyone watching.
I strongly suggest you re-watch the clip. McDavid most definitely wanted to drop the gloves &Manning most definitely declined.

And that "old dinosaur" knows more about hockey than all of us on this site will ever know.

Grapes was right on every subject he discussed tonight & was also rocking that Christmas jacket.

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:26 PM
underdog

Quote:

If they got rid of the instigator rule Manning would've got his clocked cleaned, but McDavid was actually challenging him from the replays showed and Manning for whatever reason decided to act the punk.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:27 PM
dubey
U scared? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
Grapes right as usual.

Where was Lucic during all of this? Manning is clearly trash but Lucic just watched this going on all game

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:30 PM
StupidityKills

Quote:
If they got rid of the instigator rule Manning would've got his clocked cleaned, but McDavid was actually challenging him from the replays showed and Manning for whatever reason decided to act the punk.
BS. If McDavid wanted to fight him then why didn't he say so in the post game interview? The fact that he said "Manning should have fought one of our guys" instead of "He should have fought me when I challenged him" pretty much says it all.

I don't blame McDavid for not fighting him, he would be stupid to take himself off vs a #7 defenseman. Cherry is just way off base as usual.

StupidityKills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:30 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
I strongly suggest you re-watch the clip. McDavid most definitely wanted to drop the gloves &Manning most definitely declined.

And that "old dinosaur" knows more about hockey than all of us on this site will ever know.

Grapes was right on every subject he discussed tonight & was also rocking that Christmas jacket.
You're wrong. There's no other way to describe it.

A player bumping into another, exchanging words and a few slashes doesn't automatically mean he wants to fight.

And perhaps if Mcdavid wanted to fight perhaps he should have, you know, dropped his gloves. But no let's all crucify Manning, he's the coward.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:31 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Lol by who? Mcdavid?

Old
12-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Del McPreston
1,000 Brown M&Ms

Quote:

I suggest you go back and rewatch the clips Cherry showed. There was one poke by McDavid at the start. The rest was him grabbing Manning who wanted nothing to do with him. What a *****.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:34 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
I suggest you go back and rewatch the clips Cherry showed. There was one poke by McDavid at the start. The rest was him grabbing Manning who wanted nothing to do with him. What a *****.
Interesting. Are there 20 fights a game? Because what you're describing happens 20 times a game.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Muston Atthews
Bunch of Bangerz

Quote:
Lol Manning wasn't afraid of McDavid

Muston Atthews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Del McPreston
1,000 Brown M&Ms

Quote:
Interesting. Are there 20 fights a game? Because what you're describing happens 20 times a game.
Ok play dumb, that's fine.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Del McPreston
1,000 Brown M&Ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosh Jonaldson View Post
I didn't say he was. I said he's a coward for how he handled it once McDavid got in his face.

Old
12-10-2016, 08:42 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Ok play dumb, that's fine.
I'm not sure I follow. You're stating that because Mcdavid grabbed Manning and exchanged a few slashes that he wanted to fight.

And I'm saying that happens all the time.

Does Mcdavid have a history of fighting? What sort of background does Mcdavid have to warrant the automatic conclusion that when he bumps into a guy he wants to fight?

Old
12-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Del McPreston
1,000 Brown M&Ms

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow. You're stating that because Mcdavid grabbed Manning and exchanged a few slashes that he wanted to fight.

And I'm saying that happens all the time.

Does Mcdavid have a history of fighting? What sort of background does Mcdavid have to warrant the automatic conclusion that when he bumps into a guy he wants to fight?
Sorry, I don't think I was very clear in my initial posts and misread what you originally said. I was responding to the second part of your first post about "Manning wouldn't" and was arguing that the clips supported he had no interest. My mistake.

ftr I don't think McDavid was looking to fight, though he probably would have dropped his gloves if Manning had.

Old
12-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Major Happy*

Bennett!

Major Happy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Major Happy*

Wrong thread.

I like Cherry.

Major Happy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2016, 08:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Wasn't the biggest reason the Oilers got Lucic is to avoid episodes specifically like this one?

Remember when Taylor Hall broke his leg because he felt compelled to fight? The same thing would have happened had McDavid done the same thing, and Don Cherry would have went out about how he shouldn't have done it. And how Manning is a coward for doing it.

Everyone else should get over Brandon Manning. Bruins fans got over Randy Jones after 2 years (once he left the team).

Apart from that, it's the obvious usual shtick from Cherry, and the Flyers only ever gets mentioned when he wants to crap on them.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

Last edited by GKJ: 12-11-2016 at 08:52 AM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2016, 09:40 AM
bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosh Jonaldson View Post
Not when the linesman stood between them He looked like a little terrier yapping behind a fence.

bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2016, 09:44 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Wasn't the biggest reason the Oilers got Lucic is to avoid episodes specifically like this one?

Remember when Taylor Hall broke his leg because he felt compelled to fight? The same thing would have happened had McDavid done the same thing, and Don Cherry would have went out about how he shouldn't have done it. And how Manning is a coward for doing it.

Everyone else should get over Brandon Manning. Bruins fans got over Randy Jones after 2 years (once he left the team).

Apart from that, it's the obvious usual shtick from Cherry, and the Flyers only ever gets mentioned when he wants to crap on them.
Looch has dropped the ball this season so far.........a few times McDavid has needed him, and he has been nowhere to be found...very strange. If I was the Oilers, I would remind Looch why he got that nutty contract...to keep people away from McDavid.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote