HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey: emphasis on team speed

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Gainey: emphasis on team speed

Here, taken from the Dallas post game writeup on sportsnet.ca:

Quote:
Gainey and Carbonneau were at the bench for the pre-game warmup -- unusual for NHL coaches -- to supervise a new quick-skating pre-game routine.

Gainey put an emphasis on using team speed to greater advantage when he took over.
Interesting, looks like they are shaping this team up quite well. And I agree that we have some speedy ******** like Bulis, Higgins, Dandy, Markov, etc... so why not use it to our advantage.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:45 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Ya I saw them aswell during the warm-up behind the bench i was like *** are they doing ?

Old
01-17-2006, 05:25 PM
deandebean

Use the team's speed? Didn't show in the 3rd.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Use the team's speed? Didn't show in the 3rd.
You know, you might be right. I mean i would much rather see the players on the team i support skating like the wind for 60 minutes and get themselves exhausted in front of a long road trip than carry a 4-1 lead going into the 3rd period of a game against a top team in the league. We got 2 points from Dallas but at the cost of not skating quickly for the last 20 minutes. Its experiences like this that Gainey will have to learn from if he ever wants to succeed in the NHL.

But just to think, we were so close to skating hard for 60 minutes and we go and blow it in favour of trying to win. I know my love of the Habs ends here and im sure it does for many other people too. What a sorry sight it was to see our team succeed.

For anyone still struggling to catch on, consider the above sarcasm. As for deandebean, sorry for aiming this little vent in response to your post specifically, seen a few posts like this after last night (from various people). Point i am trying to make is we won the game. For once, we took our chances, all our players were involved, Theo played well, we look like we might find the form we had at the start of the season. Yet still people want to complain about the smallest of things. Just curious but if we were to win the Stanley Cup in five games this year, would everyone be on here the morning after *****ing that we didn't sweep the series? As i said, just curious....

Closed Thread