HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The True Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: Part VI

Old
10-29-2016, 11:44 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

vCash: 50
How has Pogba done so far? I made my EPL fantasy team and have him, but I haven't checked it since the second week of the start of the season. I am glad to see United fail, not because I hate you guys, but because I simply cannot cheer for any team that has Moaninho. I want to see him out of the EPL, but he is pretty much of a failure and makes opposing teams worst off, so perhaps I would like to see him stay. Maybe go to Tottenham next once that coach, whatever his name leaves for Real or Barca.

I missed today's game, will try to find the highlights later, but Arsenal are in wicked good form. I still dislike Wenger and want him gone, but there has been a lot of good so far this season. Some weird personnel decisions, like Walcott playing striker more times than Giroud. The amount of minutes El Nany is playing, he's nothing more than just a substitute, and how aggressive Wenger lets Mustafi play. But I can't complain, actually having a legitimately talented and mobile CB is a breath of fresh air. Only takes a half of a season ending injury for the prior CB to make him spend though.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
How has Pogba done so far? I made my EPL fantasy team and have him, but I haven't checked it since the second week of the start of the season. I am glad to see United fail, not because I hate you guys, but because I simply cannot cheer for any team that has Moaninho. I want to see him out of the EPL, but he is pretty much of a failure and makes opposing teams worst off, so perhaps I would like to see him stay. Maybe go to Tottenham next once that coach, whatever his name leaves for Real or Barca.
Pogba's been alright, at least making a lot of plays. Expected a bit more, but has not been the problem in the slightest.
Mourinho got sent to the stands tonight . It should've been a pen yes, but I mean it wasn't that far of a reach for the ref not to give it. Don't know what happened at half-time, but after that Mourinho sat with the crowd.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2016, 03:22 PM
The Abusement Park

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Pogba's been alright, at least making a lot of plays. Expected a bit more, but has not been the problem in the slightest.
Mourinho got sent to the stands tonight . It should've been a pen yes, but I mean it wasn't that far of a reach for the ref not to give it. Don't know what happened at half-time, but after that Mourinho sat with the crowd.
I agree. I still think he isn't being utilized very well, if Mou would switch from his damn 4-2-3-1 I think that would be a big help.

The Abusement Park is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abusement Park View Post
I agree. I still think he isn't being utilized very well, if Mou would switch from his damn 4-2-3-1 I think that would be a big help.
To be fair, it is a very fluid 4-2-3-1.
Most of the time Herrera is the furthest back, and it looks more like a 4-1-4-1 with Mata/Fellaini and Pogba higher up.
But I do agree, I would very much like to see a defensive 4-3-3 with 2 CMs and a CDM utilized in big games with a Pogba-Carrick/Schneids-Herrera midfield where both Pogba and Herrera are licenced to move forward and a more attacking 4-3-3 in home games with 2CMs and a CAM with Pogba-Mata-Herrera.
That last one, was basically what we had today, only with a different terminology of the formation.

Pogba for me is utilized quite well to be fair in the end. Mourinho has played him in the left channel mostly in midfield and we saw some great plays from him from there tonight, feeding Ibra very well. Unfortunately Ibra today was so lost that he would've gotten lost at a 100m sprint and somehow ending up at the javelin throwing area and throwing a discus out of the sector.

Last edited by Nzap: 10-29-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old
10-29-2016, 04:29 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
To be fair, it is a very fluid 4-2-3-1.
Most of the time Herrera is the furthest back, and it looks more like a 4-1-4-1 with Mata/Fellaini and Pogba higher up.
But I do agree, I would very much like to see a defensive 4-3-3 with 2 CMs and a CDM utilized in big games with a Pogba-Carrick/Schneids-Herrera midfield where both Pogba and Herrera are licenced to move forward and a more attacking 4-3-3 in home games with 2CMs and a CAM with Pogba-Mata-Herrera.
That last one, was basically what we had today, only with a different terminology of the formation.

Pogba for me is utilized quite well to be fair in the end. Mourinho has played him in the left channel mostly in midfield and we saw some great plays from him from there tonight, feeding Ibra very well. Unfortunately Ibra today was so lost that he would've gotten lost at a 100m sprint and somehow ending up at the javelin throwing area.
This is all pretty valid. I think the biggest issue is playing felli and Pogs together, since felli never plays it forwards and it forces Pogba to drop deep and do too much. I guess that's my biggest issue, hopefully we get too see Carrick next to Pogba next week, losing Herrera is a big blow to us right now.

Old
10-29-2016, 06:57 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Pogba isn't the problem, his talent is legit. The issue is Mourinho and I'm loving it. Worst personality in the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
People on the soccer board talk about something other than Klopp/Sakho? That's news to me
I lol'd

It amazes me how Evilo acts when you question one of his favourite players. I value his opinion highly but he can act quite childish at times. It's hilarious.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2016, 07:23 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Pogba isn't the problem, his talent is legit. The issue is Mourinho and I'm loving it. Worst personality in the sport.
This isn't me trying to be a Mou apologist, but ever since SAF left it's kind of all been the same. Moyes maybe not quite the same, but with LVG and Mou I'm not seeing a huge difference in play, so I think a lot of this just could be a personnel issue unfortunately. Today was a good step and the most attacking and creative I've seen United since SAF, and while Mou may not be helping I don't think he's the problem. Another issue I see with United is that IMO there isn't really a leader and we haven't had one since Vidic and Ferdinand left. Rooney is the closest thing we have but I don't think he's THE guy.

Old
10-29-2016, 07:26 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
It amazes me how Evilo acts when you question one of his favourite players. I value his opinion highly but he can act quite childish at times. It's hilarious.
I mean from what I know his knowledge of the Ligue 1 and their prospects is top notch. So it's nice to hear his feedback on that, but I mean he's got his bias' like we all do, he just may be more passionate about them

Old
10-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
This isn't me trying to be a Mou apologist, but ever since SAF left it's kind of all been the same. Moyes maybe not quite the same, but with LVG and Mou I'm not seeing a huge difference in play, so I think a lot of this just could be a personnel issue unfortunately. Today was a good step and the most attacking and creative I've seen United since SAF, and while Mou may not be helping I don't think he's the problem. Another issue I see with United is that IMO there isn't really a leader and we haven't had one since Vidic and Ferdinand left. Rooney is the closest thing we have but I don't think he's THE guy.
It's still the coaches fault. I mean they've spent 400 million in two windows? That's insanity, especially considering somehow Fellani gets into the starting 11.

Mou is losing his touch though. At Madrid he was slipping, at Chelsea he stumbled and now falling right on his stupid face.

Quote:
I mean from what I know his knowledge of the Ligue 1 and their prospects is top notch. So it's nice to hear his feedback on that, but I mean he's got his bias' like we all do, he just may be more passionate about them
Yeah, that's true. It's just the way he goes about getting his point across.

Old
10-29-2016, 08:13 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
It's still the coaches fault. I mean they've spent 400 million in two windows? That's insanity, especially considering somehow Fellani gets into the starting 11.

Mou is losing his touch though. At Madrid he was slipping, at Chelsea he stumbled and now falling right on his stupid face.
Like I said in my post I'm not saying he's free of criticism, but I mean it's been the same thing for the last 3 years. I mean the players have to take some heat for that. I think Felli has been loved by LVG and Mou because he's a yes man. Whatever he's told he will do, he's the Holden of United you could say . But the fact that United hasn't spent money on their midfield( minus Pogba) to legitimately upgrade it in who knows how long is appalling.

Old
10-29-2016, 08:15 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. It's just the way he goes about getting his point across.
You could say that about a lot of people on here to be fair lol.

Old
10-29-2016, 08:21 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

There's been enough turnover with the personnel,and more than enough cash poured into it, for the roster to not be a valid excuse for the coaching failures of LvG & Mourinho. At least from where I sit.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2016, 08:31 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
There's been enough turnover with the personnel,and more than enough cash poured into it, for the roster to not be a valid excuse for the coaching failures of LvG & Mourinho. At least from where I sit.
Again I'm not saying there's not an issue with the coaching, all around the situation at United isn't ideal. I knew replacing SAF was going to be hard, but the board just needs to do better with their hiring of managers clearly.

Old
10-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
Like I said in my post I'm not saying he's free of criticism, but I mean it's been the same thing for the last 3 years. I mean the players have to take some heat for that. I think Felli has been loved by LVG and Mou because he's a yes man. Whatever he's told he will do, he's the Holden of United you could say . But the fact that United hasn't spent money on their midfield( minus Pogba) to legitimately upgrade it in who knows how long is appalling.
Wait are you saying United haven't spent money on their midfield or they have spent a boat load but they didn't actually improve their mid on the pitch?

Quote:
You could say that about a lot of people on here to be fair lol.
Yup, that's very true. I think most are guilty of it at times.

Old
10-30-2016, 04:56 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
Wait are you saying United haven't spent money on their midfield or they have spent a boat load but they didn't actually improve their mid on the pitch?

Yup, that's very true. I think most are guilty of it at times.
I'm saying they've spent poorly recently, I worded that kind of poorly to be fair. Under SAF I don't think he ever really spent money on upgrading his midfield which has always been our weakest spot, but SAF was good enough to hide it. Since he's left it's been apparent how bad the team had got, specifically in midfield

Old
10-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:
I'm saying they've spent poorly recently, I worded that kind of poorly to be fair. Under SAF I don't think he ever really spent money on upgrading his midfield which has always been our weakest spot, but SAF was good enough to hide it. Since he's left it's been apparent how bad the team had got, specifically in midfield
I read it like 3 times. At first I thought you were saying United haven't spent on their midfield...I was like HUH?

But yeah, I gotcha now. They have spent poorly. It isn't just them though.

Old
10-30-2016, 05:46 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
I read it like 3 times. At first I thought you were saying United haven't spent on their midfield...I was like HUH?

But yeah, I gotcha now. They have spent poorly. It isn't just them though.
No you're right it isn't just them, and obviously finding those elite midfielders is hard because they already play for a top team and they won't want to leave or they'll be extremely expensive like Pogba was. Or you could buy a young promising midfielder, but with the way soccer is now a days everyone wants instant gratification and isn't willing to be patient.

Old
10-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Yup,

United have spent boatloads on Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Schneids, Schweins and Pogba ( 27+30+36+25+7+89 = 214mil or so) in the past 3 years.
We seem to have found that Pogba-x-Herrera seems to be our best combination with the x being Mata, Fellaini, Carrick or Rooney (for me Mata or Carrick/Schneids depending how attacking we are).

For 214mil you'd expect to have a little bit more than that yes
You can even throw Mkhi in there if you'd like for 25mil more, although he seems to play more on the wing for Mou.
And Di Maria too, but at least we sold his ass quickly before he could poison the atmosphere further.

Old
10-30-2016, 06:38 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
Yup,

United have spent boatloads on Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Schneids, Schweins and Pogba ( 27+30+36+25+7+89 = 214mil or so) in the past 3 years.
We seem to have found that Pogba-x-Herrera seems to be our best combination with the x being Mata, Fellaini, Carrick or Rooney (for me Mata or Carrick/Schneids depending how attacking we are).

For 214mil you'd expect to have a little bit more than that yes
You can even throw Mkhi in there if you'd like for 25mil more, although he seems to play more on the wing for Mou.
And Di Maria too, but at least we sold his ass quickly before he could poison the atmosphere further.
The only good thing about Moyes haha. At least we got Mata out of his ****show of a tenure.

Old
10-31-2016, 11:30 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

It's more of United's transfer choices than anything else, majority of blame goes back to LVG and Moaninho. LVG in particular was a disaster, he spent what? 200 million and NOT ONE of them was a CB, he spent it on the likes of Herrera and Felliani. Who I don't think are bad players, but there isn't anything amazing about them either. Then you go out and spend 60 million on Martial. He had that awesome one month of football, but shows his inexperience and consistency issues. He will definitely be good one day, but 60 million for not a first team striker is complete nonsense to me. Then because of that and Rooney's regression to the abyss, you go out and spend more on Ibrah, who's best years are behind him. You tend to see more mistakes than actual benefits for regressing players, we've seen it at Arsenal with Cech. He's been good, but some games he still lets in complete stinkers he wouldn't have five years ago.

Since Ferguson left the team in a complete mess having holes in every position besides goaltending, they then had to spend more for Schweinstegier, but since Bayern decided to let him go because he isn't entirely useful anymore, which United also found out, they then SPENT more for Morgan Schneiderlin.

After this you have Depay, who was needed, but more money. Buy Mkhai for no reason since you have Mata, who I think is a good player. And finally buy Paul Pogba, who will never ever play up to his transfer fee. All of this, without buying a stud CB. I understand they were after Hummels, but there are other defenders besides him. All of this puzzling moves tell me is that this team does not have a plan or a direction, just spending on talent-ish players for the sake of filling in random holes. They believe because they have all money in the world, and spend, eventually chemistry will come. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. I might hate Wenger and his penny-pitching approach, but every player he has bought, has fit the Arsenal club except for El Nany (who I think just sucks).

Old
10-31-2016, 12:57 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
It's more of United's transfer choices than anything else, majority of blame goes back to LVG and Moaninho. LVG in particular was a disaster, he spent what? 200 million and NOT ONE of them was a CB, he spent it on the likes of Herrera and Felliani. Who I don't think are bad players, but there isn't anything amazing about them either. Then you go out and spend 60 million on Martial. He had that awesome one month of football, but shows his inexperience and consistency issues. He will definitely be good one day, but 60 million for not a first team striker is complete nonsense to me. Then because of that and Rooney's regression to the abyss, you go out and spend more on Ibrah, who's best years are behind him. You tend to see more mistakes than actual benefits for regressing players, we've seen it at Arsenal with Cech. He's been good, but some games he still lets in complete stinkers he wouldn't have five years ago.

Since Ferguson left the team in a complete mess having holes in every position besides goaltending, they then had to spend more for Schweinstegier, but since Bayern decided to let him go because he isn't entirely useful anymore, which United also found out, they then SPENT more for Morgan Schneiderlin.

After this you have Depay, who was needed, but more money. Buy Mkhai for no reason since you have Mata, who I think is a good player. And finally buy Paul Pogba, who will never ever play up to his transfer fee. All of this, without buying a stud CB. I understand they were after Hummels, but there are other defenders besides him. All of this puzzling moves tell me is that this team does not have a plan or a direction, just spending on talent-ish players for the sake of filling in random holes. They believe because they have all money in the world, and spend, eventually chemistry will come. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. I might hate Wenger and his penny-pitching approach, but every player he has bought, has fit the Arsenal club except for El Nany (who I think just sucks).
I agree with some of this. All around United needed to be rebuilt, ferguson left an aging squad for the most part. We needed players in every position specifically midfield and defense, and while I think Felli isn't great he's a good situational player who should never really start for United. I do however disagree with Herrera, he's a fantastic signing and been arguably our best player this year. I don't think any of the players they've signed lately have been bad signings from when they signed, other than Felli. We needed midfielders we went and got Schweini and Schneiderlin, who's been disappointing so far unfortunately. Getting ADM was smart because we didn't have any game breaking talent on the team, swapping Falcao for Chicharito was a little risky, depay was one of the hottest prospects in the world, martial, while a complete over pay, gave us a young striker. While not all the signings have turned out great, or may have been over pays esch signing has had a purpose and made sense.

Old
11-01-2016, 04:42 PM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

I agree that Man United had a lot of holes, but I still think that some of those buys were really stupid. Even with all the CMs you guys bought, you could have scouted better ones instead of having to rely on Schwein and Schneiderlin, then buying Pogba.

wowowowowowowow, what a goal from Oezil, probably the best individual effort I've seen from him in an Arsenal kit.

Man City kicked Barca's ass, de Bruyne was the best player on the pitch today which included Messi.

Old
11-01-2016, 08:53 PM
The Abusement Park

Quote:
I agree that Man United had a lot of holes, but I still think that some of those buys were really stupid. Even with all the CMs you guys bought, you could have scouted better ones instead of having to rely on Schwein and Schneiderlin, then buying Pogba.

wowowowowowowow, what a goal from Oezil, probably the best individual effort I've seen from him in an Arsenal kit.

Man City kicked Barca's ass, de Bruyne was the best player on the pitch today which included Messi.
When we bought Schneiderlin he had been one of the best box to box mids in the league, so it actually made sense to get him. Schweini was pretty interesting to say the least, but I thought he'd at least bring a winning mentality to the team. Clearly it hasn't worked out on all ends.

Old
11-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Alex Jones
BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!

Quote:

KDB will be a Ballon D'or finalist very soon, possibly even this year.

Alex Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

Quote:

Nah, they really didn't. Barca pissed away that game. 1st half was all them. Then Roberto decided to give an early christmas gift followed by MAtS snoozing on the KDB goal.

City only really attacked after barca pushed up and left Masch/Umititi by themselves on defence.