HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Julien news conference and other info.

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Julien is such a class act. Hope to see him in the league soon. Might even see him back here in the distant futur.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:30 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Class act, hopes he finds a job soon enough.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Guy Caballero

He's saying all the right things...by the book. Maybe he'll succeed Michel Therrien again in Pittsburgh.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
He's saying all the right things...by the book. Maybe he'll succeed Michel Therrien again in Pittsburgh.
I personaly think he's writing chapters in the book. I really like some of the things he's saying.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
LeHab

<reporter> What have you learned in Montreal ?
<Julien> Don't buy a house.

hah thanks Julien.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
znk

LOL.

Reporter:"Is there a lesson you've learned"
Julien: "Yes....dont buy a house."

Old
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Habs

Good riddance Claude, this never came fast enough. Just wish the team could do without these farewell press conferences, they are entirely too lame. Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien.. and now the Julien Farewell tour.

Here's an idea, hire a capable coach and we can do away with these sideshow press conferences every 1.5-2 years.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:09 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Good riddance Claude, this never came fast enough. Just wish the team could do without these farewell press conferences, they are entirely too lame. Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien.. and now the Julien Farewell tour.

Here's an idea, hire a capable coach and we can do away with these sideshow press conferences every 1.5-2 years.
Give these guys a break. The only time the Habs coach is liked is when he's fired.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:09 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

No worries... we're on the right track now. We have some pedigree and credibility behind the bench now. Took us awhile but things are finally fitting into place for the organization.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:10 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Happy he is gone.
I wish him good luck with a new team, I hope is not Hamilton though, I don't want him close to our prospects.
Bonne chance monsieur Julien

Old
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Very classy guy. Hopefully he can return soon to coach in the NHL, he deserves it.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
RC51

I wish Julien the best.

I did find one thing strange during the press thing.
Julien said the team played the same system he imposed and Gainey put in Jose and the team won, so he seemed to be saying my system is the same as Gainey system so why did I have to get fired?

Well Claude I beg to differ.
I watched both games and here is what I saw that since Gainey is coach.
First- and it's a big one- when the opposition dumps the puck in and chase the Habs defence, one would go for the puck and one would go right away to check the other Hab defenceman.
With the Gainey system the Hab second defenceman get ride of the puck the second he gets it. This traps both opposing players deep and the race is on for the counterstrike. I saw this at least 20-25 times during both games and it's a big factor in the transition game.
Second thing I saw, during the Hab powerplays movement was back.
No longer did I see a 5 man perimiter passing the puck back and forth. Cycleing was back and movement was back and it caused much more pressure and goals.

Thats 2 things right off, I am sure more will come like yet another thing I saw. 40 second shifts and not 60-70 second shifts.
The Hbas were keeping the pace of the game at near top speed and in the Stars game that speed took the Stars by suprise during the first period and lead to a 3 goal period for the Habs. The Stars kicked it up a notch in the second and third but never did the Stars out pace the Habs, they only matched the Habs pace.

How Julien saw no differance in styles already in beyond me.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I think it's the same system but there were minor adjustments. Players have said it's the same system.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Ross MacLochness

Why are you guys talking about new systems?

Gainey and Carbo have said themselves they will start talking about systems once a few corrections get made.

Systems don't get implemented in 3 days.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I'm still shocked that it happened so soon but I think most people knew it would happen eventually.

Good luck in the future CJ, you seemed like a really decent person.

Old
01-17-2006, 07:13 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
I wish Julien the best.

I did find one thing strange during the press thing.
Julien said the team played the same system he imposed and Gainey put in Jose and the team won, so he seemed to be saying my system is the same as Gainey system so why did I have to get fired?

Well Claude I beg to differ.
I watched both games and here is what I saw that since Gainey is coach.
First- and it's a big one- when the opposition dumps the puck in and chase the Habs defence, one would go for the puck and one would go right away to check the other Hab defenceman.
With the Gainey system the Hab second defenceman get ride of the puck the second he gets it. This traps both opposing players deep and the race is on for the counterstrike. I saw this at least 20-25 times during both games and it's a big factor in the transition game.
Second thing I saw, during the Hab powerplays movement was back.
No longer did I see a 5 man perimiter passing the puck back and forth. Cycleing was back and movement was back and it caused much more pressure and goals.

Thats 2 things right off, I am sure more will come like yet another thing I saw. 40 second shifts and not 60-70 second shifts.
The Hbas were keeping the pace of the game at near top speed and in the Stars game that speed took the Stars by suprise during the first period and lead to a 3 goal period for the Habs. The Stars kicked it up a notch in the second and third but never did the Stars out pace the Habs, they only matched the Habs pace.

How Julien saw no differance in styles already in beyond me.
You think Gainey had the time to change the system allready?

Old
01-17-2006, 07:26 PM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
well...whatever it is he did...its working!

so far at least...

Old
01-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Clumsyhab

CKAC Bonsoir les sportifs is debating on the fact the Julien thanked EVERYONE, except the players.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
CKAC Bonsoir les sportifs is debating on the fact the Julien thanked EVERYONE, except the players.
why would he thank the players? there the ones that got him fired.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:08 PM
zurg999

Lets step back for a minute:

Saturday (Phoenix) 26 shots/6 goals (25 shots against)
Monday (Dallas) 15 shots/4 goals (37 shots against)

So Montreal has averaged around 20 shots a game since the firing, and been fortunate enough to score on 25% of them. Meanwhile shots against are 30+ avg for the two games.

I'm not arguing against the move, I was for it. But on the other and, I wouldn't say the team has turned into an offensive juggernaut all of a sudden. And I do think it's a little early to be judging how this team will pan out after the initial shot in the arm. Heck, Mario Tremblay won his first game behind the bench.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:09 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
WHat I think is, Gainey and or Carbo did change the lenght of the shifts and I think they asked the defence to move the puck much much quicker.
Now does this make an entire system NO
it's the start of the changes. Much more will come including trades.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
He thanked "le canadien" which refers to the team. He also wished them luck. That to me is thanking the players.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
WHat I think is, Gainey and or Carbo did change the lenght of the shifts and I think they asked the defence to move the puck much much quicker.
Now does this make an entire system NO
it's the start of the changes. Much more will come including trades.
I agree. But still minor tweaks got juliens system work...just like it did 2 years ago...and for the first month and a half of this season. I just think Julien was so deep in trying to fix things that he forgot to take a step back and look at what worked before. We all do that when we overwork something.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:26 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk

It is the same freaking system played in Hamilton, the one that has been played in Hamilton for the last 4 seasons. Those who think different don't know hockey. Gainey, Jarvis AND Julien had the same system in place.

Dandenault said it best: the forwards, specially the precious ones, didn't want to apply it anymore.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
It is the same freaking system played in Hamilton, the one that has been played in Hamilton for the last 4 seasons. Those who think different don't know hockey. Gainey, Jarvis AND Julien had the same system in place.

Dandenault said it best: the forwards, specially the precious ones, didn't want to apply it anymore.
The system is almost the same right now but Gainey and Carbo said that they will need to evaluate more before changing the whole system. Right now the focus is skating.

Closed Thread