HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Julien news conference and other info.

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
The system is almost the same right now but Gainey and Carbo said that they will need to evaluate more before changing the whole system. Right now the focus is skating.

Gainey and Carbo were brought up with the belief that a system has to be implemented all across the board, from the minors to the NHL. Hence the system in Hamilton and MOntreal being the same. I doubt that they will change it, because it is a successful one. All they need to do, is tweak it a bit, but not much. Dandenault is right: if the forwards to their job, everything will be ok. Everthing lies with the forwards.

Oh! And the goalie stopping the puck. Which did not happen for half the season. Give Julien a steady goalie, and there would be at least 4-5 more wins...and he'd still be there.

Simply put: Theodore's putrid performance cost Julien his job. No question about it. 4-5 more wins and the Habs are 5th or so, and in solid position. No disputes in the locker room, no backstabbing comments from the King of floaters.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Habmaster

Julien is the ipitome of class.

enough said.

good luck to him.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Matrix

Even though he was not our biggest problem, I agree with Gainey that he had to go, first because since nobody wants our players, it was the only way to get another start, mainly because of the long and important trip coming up that could either guarantee a place in the playoffs or reserve foursomes in Rosemere.......

As far as the system is concerned, it's the same freakin system....The difference, the players listen and actually apply the system.

Congratulations to Claude and the guy is really the definition of class!!!

Old
01-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Hey! He copied Michel Therrien's speech.
I'm thinking they must have a template for those...

Old
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Simply put: Theodore's putrid performance cost Julien his job. No question about it. 4-5 more wins and the Habs are 5th or so, and in solid position.
I agree. When the life gets sucked out of a team by poor goaltending, the coach is soon to follow. The Habs scored a lot of timely goals early in the year, but once Kovalev (and then Saku) went on IR, they could no longer carry Theodore and the team sunk. In the end, Julien was responsible for the sinking, but he didn't cause it, imo.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Darz

I wonder how long until Pittsburgh calls Julien about their head coaching position. I mean the Pens can't seriously be considering Therrien to be the answer for even the rest of this year!!!!

I don't think Julien could of done any more than he did. I mean sometimes to shake a team out of a slump you need to do things like this. The difference I noticed in our past two games, that seemed to be missing during Julien's last few games, was the team was finally skating hard. I don't think this is anything Gainey instituated, and I really doubt Julien told the players 'Hey, don't skate too hard out there. We don't want you guys breaking a sweat.', I think it's just that the players woke up. Something Julien couldn't, for one reason or another, couldn't get them to do.

Anyways...coaches get hired to be fired, so I'm too concerned. Within a couple/few year I'm sure we will hit another rough stretch, and the masses will be asking for Carbo's head, so......

01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Guy Germaine

Very classy speech, you could hear that he was chocked up a bit.I really liked Julien, and there's no way you can blame the habs miseries on just him.I hope to see him coaching an NHL team soon.
I personally could see him being a good fit for the devils.

Old
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Happy he is gone.
I wish him good luck with a new team, I hope is not Hamilton though, I don't want him close to our prospects.
Bonne chance monsieur Julien
I hope this is a bad joke, him in hamilton wouldve been the best thing for the organization. He did an outstanding job while he was there.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
BOB the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope this is a bad joke, him in hamilton wouldve been the best thing for the organization. He did an outstanding job while he was there.
And Therrien did an even better job with Wilkes-Barre..what's your point

There is no way in hell a guy accepts a demotion like that..

So, good luck Claude

Looking forward to see that incredibly ugly face of yours behind the opposite team's bench someday...oh and your nice suits too

Old
01-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
If that's the case, why'd he bench Murray the day after he took on the Devils goon in New Jersey?

The guys on CKAC like to start ****, I don't believe it...

But thanks for the update
Maybe cause Murray got his *** kicked and failed in his purey goonish task?

Just speculation.

Old
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Next Best Thing*

Of course the system is the same still, and it actually works. The RDS broadcasters, Yvon I think, said Gainey is trying to make the 5 players play together at all times in each zone, following the puck. I think this is a huge difference from what we have seen so far. I mean I watch a lot of games and how many times did the forwards forget to assist the defense in their transition game and we got stuck in our own zone for the next 2 minutes.

Closed Thread