HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VIII

Old
09-22-2016, 05:00 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Got email my knicks tix have been shipped. Arriving tomorrow
full season? email from the Knicks or form UPS?

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 05:22 PM
NYRA15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Got email my knicks tix have been shipped. Arriving tomorrow
Okay thanks for the information, I got fulls for the Knicks and I didn't get any email as of today. Hopefully tomorrow.

NYRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 05:57 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
full season? email from the Knicks or form UPS?
FS from Knicks with UPS track #

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 06:01 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRA15 View Post
Okay thanks for the information, I got fulls for the Knicks and I didn't get any email as of today. Hopefully tomorrow.
The 2016-17 NY Knicks season is right around the corner and we can't wait to celebrate the 70th Anniversary milestone with you. I wanted to let you know your season tickets are on their way. Your tickets have been shipped to you via UPS, and you should expect to receive them within the next few days at the address listed below:

Your tickets will be delivered without a signature required and note the tracking number below so that you can view all the details of your shipment. To track your package, visit https://www.ups.com/ and enter your tracking number.

Tracking Number:

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. I look forward to

Old
09-22-2016, 07:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Got it too - they still give the useless 10% off coupons for Meyers parking, but now you have to download them instead of cutting out physical coupons. Pin is nice, member card is flimsy, nothing else of note
My package says I can save $10 on parking by downloading the coupon.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 08:40 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
My package says I can save $10 on parking by downloading the coupon.
Yeah I meant $ not %. I say the coupons are worthless because there's tons of free parking near the Garden and widely available around game time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRA15 View Post
Mine showed up in the UPS system around 6, arriving Monday. I think the team emails you when the tickets are one day away for delivery. Let's see how much nicer the Knicks ticket package is than the Rangers package

Last edited by GordonGecko: 09-22-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old
09-23-2016, 08:54 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I just bought Mets play-off tickets. Did so through the 7-line as I went to a game at Yankee Stadium with them. Purchased on Mets.com, and received this message in the information email:

"Your one-time use password is below. The password is good for up to 2 tickets to 1 Wild Card or Division Series Game. The password will expire once transacted upon. The listing is live on xxxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxx. Be prepared to purchase and have your payment info handy."

Last year, the Giants pre-sale was your account number. If the Giants can use a better password and the Mets can set this up where each "invitee" gets a unique PW to be used once, why can't the Rangers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Because the Rangers don't care. That's about it. Tickets are being sold and they don't care who gets them really.
Quote:
bingo! you know a presale is B.S. when the password can be used multiple times and they never verify your identity. Presales are only legit with one time use or account specific passwords. MSG doesn't really do presales. It would be nice if they had unique codes and they handed them out to STHs for other events. But they don't give 2 craps because every fan is replaceable with someone else on the waiting list
A day after buying through the 7-line, get an email from the Mets that I was selected in the lottery for the chance to buy play-off tickets. Again, a one-time use password. I am allowed to buy 4 tickets across the Wild Card and LDS games (4 total, not 4 per game). I must buy all 4 in one transaction. If I buy 2 and try to go back and buy 2 more, password won't work. Last night, I went back on and tried to buy additional tickets with my 7-line code and got denied access. So, it does work.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 06:34 PM
cwede

sorry if already asked and answered,
but when can Reg Season games post to TicketExchange?

the new team website discarded 'subscriber central'

those 10 home games in first 27 days are a bear, and i likely have biz travel

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 07:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
the new team website discarded 'subscriber central'
https://www.nyrsubcentral.com/

Old
09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
McD27

Quote:
That's because we are "Members"

They also have the "exclusive" knick presale code on the page. lol

Old
09-23-2016, 11:47 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
That's because we are "Members"

They also have the "exclusive" knick presale code on the page. lol
I see that they also changed the tenure benefits:
https://www.nyrsubcentral.com/benefits-4

As far as I can tell there's no difference between being a STH for 3 years or for 50 years except a 5% merchandise discount (????). If things keep as they are, nobody is ever dropping full season in good locations so they'll get to those 50 years soon enough. As they do, I would expect MSG to keep moving the goal posts so that you never get anything meaningful no matter how long you've been around.

And looks like if you're there for more than 2 years, no more happy hours for you!!

Old
09-24-2016, 12:13 AM
Nash Money

Quote:

As far as I can tell there's no difference between being a STH for 3 years or for 50 years except a 5% merchandise discount (????). If things keep as they are, nobody is ever dropping full season in good locations so they'll get to those 50 years soon enough. As they do, I would expect MSG to keep moving the goal posts so that you never get anything meaningful no matter how long you've been around.

And looks like if you're there for more than 2 years, no more happy hours for you!!
Do you (or does anyone) has the old benefits tiers handy? The ones that were New Blue, True Blue, etc. Curious to see if they altered the amount of years for each or just renamed. And also which groups are helped/hurt the most by the change.

Nash Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 08:50 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I've never been to a happy hour. Has anyone here ever been invited?

A friend of mine got a gold plated hockey stick for 50 years a few years ago that is pretty cool.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 10:27 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I've never been to a happy hour. Has anyone here ever been invited?

A friend of mine got a gold plated hockey stick for 50 years a few years ago that is pretty cool.
Well not sure if these were "happy hours", but I've been to 2 or 3 private viewing parties (3 hours long) put on by the team at bars, and they were completely awesome

Old
09-24-2016, 10:30 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well not sure if these were "happy hours", but I've been to 2 or 3 private viewing parties (3 hours long) put on by the team at bars, and they were completely awesome
A few years ago, I got a call around 10:00 AM to see if I was free for lunch....and I was and it was 10 STH and their +1 for a really nice lunch with Maloney.

Old
09-24-2016, 01:56 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
I've been to a few of those, mostly during playoffs. Don't recall any in the regular season. They were definitely better than the team forum at cipriani's last season! Best I can remember was at Stout a couple of years ago with Matteau and ... Vickers?

sbjnyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Socs5199

[QUOTE=superyan;122361249]I've never been to a happy hour. Has anyone here ever been invited?

2 seasons ago I was invited a happy hour before a home game vs the Islanders at Jack Doyles. Open bar and buffet plus Stepan Matteau and Tom Laidlaw were there. Really nice time.

Socs5199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2016, 06:44 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

From Merriam Webster Dictionary...

Full Definition of member

1:* a body part or organ: as
a :* limb
b :* penis
c :* a unit of structure in a plant body
2:* one of the individuals composing a group
3:* a person baptized or enrolled in a church

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2016, 11:29 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post
Today I received a 90th Anniversary themed folder with my membership card, 90th anniversary pin, and some information on what they plan to do throughout the season for the anniversary. The weird thing to me is: Why couldn't they just send all of this stuff with the tickets? Put it all in a metal box and present it a little nicer!
Quote:
The tickets come directly from the printing company in Arkansas and the other stuff probably comes from MSG. I miss the days when you can walk over and pick them up from MSG.
So much for that theory, Knicks tickets came in today. The Pin and Membership card are both included along with all the tickets in a single package. The tickets run horizontal as opposed to the Rangers going vertical. Tickets all have perforations but same tight cut close to the binding

Old
09-26-2016, 11:56 AM
niinah
Section 214

Regular season tickets were activated on the ticket manager on Saturday, finally!

Still no announcement from NYR but I confirmed with my rep that they are good to use

niinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2016, 01:03 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I went to a team sponsored Happy Hour last year, before the Bruins game. Great event. Had hors dourves and open bar. Yes, full open bar as I was drinking Captain and Coke. The reps were there and they had Stemkowski and Villemeure signing autographs, chatting, taking pics. BTW, Gilles Villemeuere has one of the nicest autographs I have ever seen. It is like a work of art. It was upstairs at Jack Doyles.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2016, 02:14 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Think this type of stuff is in our future?
https://stubhubpressbox.wordpress.co...ting-platform/

Old
09-27-2016, 02:35 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Think this type of stuff is in our future?
https://stubhubpressbox.wordpress.co...ting-platform/
That would be against the law in New York, teams/venues are not allowed to sell directly onto the secondary market

Old
09-27-2016, 03:28 PM
sbjnyc

I guess it depends on how you define "directly". If the team is using stubhub as the official reseller and stubhub also has access to the team inventory, how is that different from what ticketmaster does for the rangers?

sbjnyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2016, 04:11 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That would be against the law in New York, teams/venues are not allowed to sell directly onto the secondary market
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
I guess it depends on how you define "directly". If the team is using stubhub as the official reseller and stubhub also has access to the team inventory, how is that different from what ticketmaster does for the rangers?
In this case, if I was selling my seats and the guy next to me was selling his seats, StubHub would figure out how to make that one transaction.