HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2016, 03:11 PM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
I guess it depends on how you define "directly". If the team is using stubhub as the official reseller and stubhub also has access to the team inventory, how is that different from what ticketmaster does for the rangers?
It doesn't seem much different at all, which is why I wouldn't be surprised one day to wake up and see the attorney general suing madison square garden

Old
09-27-2016, 03:32 PM
sbjnyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
In this case, if I was selling my seats and the guy next to me was selling his seats, StubHub would figure out how to make that one transaction.
It's more than that. The guy sitting next to you is selling 2, you're selling 2 and the team is selling another 4 on your other side and stubhub could fill an 8 ticket order from that. Not sure if the algorithm describe in the article could source seats outside of stubhub. Seemed to imply that it could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It doesn't seem much different at all, which is why I wouldn't be surprised one day to wake up and see the attorney general suing madison square garden
Nothing a few dozen free tickets wouldn't solve.

Old
09-27-2016, 04:56 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socs5199 View Post
2 seasons ago I was invited a happy hour before a home game vs the Islanders at Jack Doyles. Open bar and buffet plus Stepan Matteau and Tom Laidlaw were there. Really nice time.
How long have you been a STH? The benefits page says happy hours are for new STHs (1st 2 years) and half plans. Seems odd.

https://www.nyrsubcentral.com/benefits-4

Old
09-28-2016, 10:01 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Is anyone here going to try to get UFC tickets? I pulled 206 row 8 for $806 this AM and kicked them back. This is going to be an expensive event.

Old
09-28-2016, 02:34 PM
CarlosDanger
Beast Mode

Quote:
Is anyone here going to try to get UFC tickets? I pulled 206 row 8 for $806 this AM and kicked them back. This is going to be an expensive event.
I wanted to grab some... thought they weren't on sale till friday at 10 though? And $806? per ticket?

Last edited by CarlosDanger: 09-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old
09-28-2016, 02:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
I wanted to grab some... thought they weren't on sale till friday at 10 though? And $806? per ticket?
Some presales today and tomorrow.

09-28-2016, 02:56 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Some presales today and tomorrow.
Quote:
I tried to see what was around today. I pulled nothing but $800 seats.
I may try tomorrow....but I'm sitting this one out.

Old
09-29-2016, 05:14 AM
JRinNYC

Anyone figure out how to add your mobile tickets to your iOS Wallet app? Got the email with the subject, "Welcome to Online & Mobile Ticket Management" that says you can, but I can't find any save to wallet app button. I've been able to do this in the past.

Old
09-29-2016, 08:33 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinNYC View Post
Anyone figure out how to add your mobile tickets to your iOS Wallet app? Got the email with the subject, "Welcome to Online & Mobile Ticket Management" that says you can, but I can't find any save to wallet app button. I've been able to do this in the past.
Go to this link - https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/ho...eam=rangersnhl (book mark it)
Login with your email address and password (not account number).
Click on game to pull up QR code within 72 hours of game.
Add to Apple Wallet.
You can also take a photo go the QR code, but make sure the brightness is turned all the way up when you scan it.

Old
09-29-2016, 10:54 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I tried to see what was around today. I pulled nothing but $800 seats.
I may try tomorrow....but I'm sitting this one out.
I have no interest in the UFC, but my younger brother is into it. Looked for him, cheapest I could find were $500 each, I'm assuming before fees. Needless to say, he said to forget it. They have some sense of humor with the pricing.

Old
09-29-2016, 11:10 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I have no interest in the UFC, but my younger brother is into it. Looked for him, cheapest I could find were $500 each, I'm assuming before fees. Needless to say, he said to forget it. They have some sense of humor with the pricing.
If I pulled the cheap seats in the 100-200 ranger I would. Insider going. The cheapest I was able to pull was 800 before fees. Going to be interesting to see if it sells out. There is very little lead time to sell before the event.

Old
09-29-2016, 12:36 PM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

Quote:
If I pulled the cheap seats in the 100-200 ranger I would. Insider going. The cheapest I was able to pull was 800 before fees. Going to be interesting to see if it sells out. There is very little lead time to sell before the event.
Well you know that the tickets aren't worth what they're charging when they have a mass "presale" campaign to so many groups and you can pull tickets at will. The highest grossing gate in UFC history was $12M in Toronto, and they are expecting to break that for UFC 205. I would expect a big price crash leading up to 11/12 so if you're looking to go then wait out the prices. I mean how many people can they find to pay $800 to sit in the 200's, or $1500 to sit in the 100's - IMO it's not going to happen, many will be left holding the (seriously heavy) bag

Old
09-29-2016, 01:51 PM
CarlosDanger
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well you know that the tickets aren't worth what they're charging when they have a mass "presale" campaign to so many groups and you can pull tickets at will. The highest grossing gate in UFC history was $12M in Toronto, and they are expecting to break that for UFC 205. I would expect a big price crash leading up to 11/12 so if you're looking to go then wait out the prices. I mean how many people can they find to pay $800 to sit in the 200's, or $1500 to sit in the 100's - IMO it's not going to happen, many will be left holding the (seriously heavy) bag
I think they used the "pre-sale" as a way to unload a lot of the higher tickets to the die hard fans who really want to go. Remember that for the most part, if you want to see a big ticket UFC event you have to fly to vegas, pay for the trip, hotel, food and going out. For a lot of people who get to drive or walk to the garden and then go home, paying $500 a ticket is far cheaper than the alternative. Sadly, people will pay the prices but I agree that to the casual fan, secondary ticket prices will surely drop closer to the event.

Old
09-29-2016, 04:07 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
I think they used the "pre-sale" as a way to unload a lot of the higher tickets to the die hard fans who really want to go. Remember that for the most part, if you want to see a big ticket UFC event you have to fly to vegas, pay for the trip, hotel, food and going out. For a lot of people who get to drive or walk to the garden and then go home, paying $500 a ticket is far cheaper than the alternative. Sadly, people will pay the prices but I agree that to the casual fan, secondary ticket prices will surely drop closer to the event.
I remember a couple of years ago I was in vegas and on consecutive nights mgm was hosting ufc and van halen. I went to mgm to buy a ticket to see van halen. The line at the box office was huge but everyone on line was looking for ufc tickets. They were charging a lot but not close to what they're charging now. At these prices it won't sell out.

Old
09-29-2016, 06:47 PM
JRinNYC

Quote:
Go to this link - https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/ho...eam=rangersnhl (book mark it)
Login with your email address and password (not account number).
Click on game to pull up QR code within 72 hours of game.
Add to Apple Wallet.
You can also take a photo go the QR code, but make sure the brightness is turned all the way up when you scan it.
Thank you so much!! That works. Not sure why the new NYR app which now redirects to the NHL app doesn't show the add to Apple Wallet.

Old
09-29-2016, 06:52 PM
JRinNYC

Anyone having issues with mobile tickets? For the past two preseason games my mobile tickets have scanned properly but didn't get a print out of the stub. The ticket taker had to write out my seat location on a blank stub receipt and sign it. Today she asked where I got the tickets, told her I was a season ticket holder. Wondering if this is only happening to me or to all mobile ticket holders.

Old
09-29-2016, 08:32 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinNYC View Post
Anyone having issues with mobile tickets? For the past two preseason games my mobile tickets have scanned properly but didn't get a print out of the stub. The ticket taker had to write out my seat location on a blank stub receipt and sign it. Today she asked where I got the tickets, told her I was a season ticket holder. Wondering if this is only happening to me or to all mobile ticket holders.
I had no problem on Tuesday. Sometimes it is the ticket takers machine. They frequently malfunction.

Old
09-30-2016, 10:34 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

I was wrong. UFC looks like it sold out....unless they are doing something fishy.

Old
09-30-2016, 10:48 AM
sbjnyc

They are always doing something fishy.

Old
09-30-2016, 11:07 AM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
They are always doing something fishy.
combination of fishy and speculators about to get burned

to make those price points work for the whole house high rollers would need to be flying in to NYC like they fly into Vegas. I don't know, is UFC that big now?

Old
09-30-2016, 07:55 PM
sbjnyc

Speaking of happy hours I got an invite to a veteran tenure group event at rock & reillys.

Had a choice of 10/19 and 10/26 so selected 10/19 but my plans changed and now I can't go on 10/19 but can go on 10/26. Naturally I sold my tickets for 10/26 so I have to try and pick up a pair.

Old
10-02-2016, 12:54 PM
tailgunner

is it possible for STH to post on stubhub and choose the electronic bar code transfer?

Old
10-02-2016, 02:05 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
is it possible for STH to post on stubhub and choose the electronic bar code transfer?
No. The Rangers are in bed with the Ticketmaster platform.

Old
10-02-2016, 02:25 PM
tailgunner

ok..then the ones for sale on stubhub with the electronic transfer option, exactly who are these people? if they're not STH

Old
10-02-2016, 02:58 PM
tailgunner

never mind..I see the tickets wont be emailed until a couple of days before the event if you buy them on stubhub

Closed Thread