HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VIII

Old
10-02-2016, 05:28 PM
sbjnyc

vCash: 500
If someone buys etix on StubHub you'd have to download them from your account and upload them to StubHub. StubHub doesn't do anything with the barcode.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 11:22 AM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Speaking of happy hours I got an invite to a veteran tenure group event at rock & reillys.

Had a choice of 10/19 and 10/26 so selected 10/19 but my plans changed and now I can't go on 10/19 but can go on 10/26. Naturally I sold my tickets for 10/26 so I have to try and pick up a pair.
I wonder if these tenure recognition parties will be the norm, or they are just doing it as part of the 90th celebration.

coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 11:33 AM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Speaking of happy hours I got an invite to a veteran tenure group event at rock & reillys.

Had a choice of 10/19 and 10/26 so selected 10/19 but my plans changed and now I can't go on 10/19 but can go on 10/26. Naturally I sold my tickets for 10/26 so I have to try and pick up a pair.
Same thing, sold my tix for both games, and still not sure which one I can make...

niinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 12:49 PM
4mattylights

Has anyone noticed what appears to be a price floor set by Ticketmaster on resale prices? Seems a bit convenient that the cheapest seat for every preseason resale game is exactly $40, while other sites have better seats for almost half the price.

I haven't tried listing any seats this year, but it does seem like the box office is trying to control prices.

4mattylights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 01:05 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mattylights View Post
Has anyone noticed what appears to be a price floor set by Ticketmaster on resale prices? Seems a bit convenient that the cheapest seat for every preseason resale game is exactly $40, while other sites have better seats for almost half the price.

I haven't tried listing any seats this year, but it does seem like the box office is trying to control prices.
Ticketmaster has always had a floor for their resale.

10-03-2016, 01:18 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Ticketmaster has always had a floor for their resale.
They have the option of a price floor. The team with the resale agreement sets that floor to whatever they want, if any. Some teams set it at face, some at 50% of face, some to a token $5 amount, etc...

It's basically trying to control the market with price controls, which as your basic instincts should tell you doesn't seem to be too kosher

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 02:21 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post
I wonder if these tenure recognition parties will be the norm, or they are just doing it as part of the 90th celebration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
Same thing, sold my tix for both games, and still not sure which one I can make...
I have a pair you guy can take at the half STH price of 118 in 222 row 12. PM me.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 03:14 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
I'm not sure. I may be in a new tenure group.

Old
10-04-2016, 06:06 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mattylights View Post

Ticketmaster always sets a floor. It gets lower closer to the game.

The Ticketmaster resale site is no help early in the season. I've told that to the Rangers marketing department. Later in the year they get better prices for the seller than StubHub but not in November.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2016, 06:16 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Later in the year they get better prices for the seller than StubHub but not in November.
eh? people have been paying stupid money for my oct/nov/dec tickets on ticketexchange. I have zero complaints

Old
10-04-2016, 07:11 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
eh? people have been paying stupid money for my oct/nov/dec tickets on ticketexchange. I have zero complaints
Great, now they have more data to justify even higher prices next season

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 01:54 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Quote:
I'm not sure. I may be in a new tenure group.
They restructured the tenure groups. Even "rookies" get perks now.

coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 04:39 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
They restructured the tenure groups. Even "rookies" get perks now.
Yeah it looks like you get a happy hour the first year (or 2?) every new tenure group and I'm not sure if that's what I was invited to is.

Old
10-06-2016, 03:34 PM
patnyrnyg

So, my first issue with Stubhub, but it all worked out in the end.

Sold all 3 of my pre-season games on Stubhub over the summer. $40 each for tomorrow night and the Isles, $35 each on the Devils. After fees, $36 and $31.50 each. Did all 3 as E-tickets, uploaded the first 2 games. Meant to upload the Flyers game Tuesday evening and forgot. After work yesterday, I see I had 2 calls from Stubhub, and an email saying my sale was canceled and I was being charged ~$56. Called, asked why it was canceled as there was still over a day before the game. They called me at 1:36pm yesterday and I received the email canceling the order at 1:44. The rep did not leave a voicemail. I was annoyed. I explained that I am a teacher, was away monday and tuesday because I was off for the Jewish holidays so didn't get a chance to upload. Secondly, I can't answer my cellphone when I am in the middle of teaching a room full of students and that I thought it was ridiculous that 1) they didn't leave a message, so for all I knew the call was a simply courtesy call and 2) I was only given 8 minutes in the middle of the workday to respond. Rep said because we were within 24 hours of the event, they had the right to cancel my sale. Then, I really lost it. I called at about 3:50pm yesterday. So, we were still 27 hours away from the game, and at 1:44, were 29 hours away and even offered to give the stubhub employees a training class on telling time. First rep spoke to "his team" and they agreed to waive the $56 charge for the customer's new tickets. He then transfered me to a supervisor as I was not satisfied with the sale being canceled so quickly. Supervisor agreed that a message should have been left, and some time given for me to respond and even an email sent. My buyer was already given new tickets, but what the supervisor agreed to do was honor the sale of $72 for the pair, however I had to email them the pdf's. Stubhub was essentially buying the tickets from me as they try to keep an inventory in case another buyer has a problem and then can give someone my tickets. In all honesty, wasn't about the $128 (72 loss plus $56 charge). If I went home last night, forgot to upload, and this morning or even last night they canceled the sale, it would have been one thing. But, the fact that they simply called in the middle of the day, didn't leave a message, and then canceled the order only 8 minutes later really annoyed me.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2016, 04:09 PM
ponytrekker

Has anyone had any luck with ticketmaster?

I haven't. I had my opening night tickets on there (specifically ticket exchange) for weeks -- nothing. Put them on stub hub for same price, sold in 20 minutes.

Last edited by ponytrekker: 10-06-2016 at 04:18 PM.
ponytrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2016, 04:09 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
So, my first issue with Stubhub, but it all worked out in the end.

Sold all 3 of my pre-season games on Stubhub over the summer. $40 each for tomorrow night and the Isles, $35 each on the Devils. After fees, $36 and $31.50 each. Did all 3 as E-tickets, uploaded the first 2 games. Meant to upload the Flyers game Tuesday evening and forgot. After work yesterday, I see I had 2 calls from Stubhub, and an email saying my sale was canceled and I was being charged ~$56. Called, asked why it was canceled as there was still over a day before the game. They called me at 1:36pm yesterday and I received the email canceling the order at 1:44. The rep did not leave a voicemail. I was annoyed. I explained that I am a teacher, was away monday and tuesday because I was off for the Jewish holidays so didn't get a chance to upload. Secondly, I can't answer my cellphone when I am in the middle of teaching a room full of students and that I thought it was ridiculous that 1) they didn't leave a message, so for all I knew the call was a simply courtesy call and 2) I was only given 8 minutes in the middle of the workday to respond. Rep said because we were within 24 hours of the event, they had the right to cancel my sale. Then, I really lost it. I called at about 3:50pm yesterday. So, we were still 27 hours away from the game, and at 1:44, were 29 hours away and even offered to give the stubhub employees a training class on telling time. First rep spoke to "his team" and they agreed to waive the $56 charge for the customer's new tickets. He then transfered me to a supervisor as I was not satisfied with the sale being canceled so quickly. Supervisor agreed that a message should have been left, and some time given for me to respond and even an email sent. My buyer was already given new tickets, but what the supervisor agreed to do was honor the sale of $72 for the pair, however I had to email them the pdf's. Stubhub was essentially buying the tickets from me as they try to keep an inventory in case another buyer has a problem and then can give someone my tickets. In all honesty, wasn't about the $128 (72 loss plus $56 charge). If I went home last night, forgot to upload, and this morning or even last night they canceled the sale, it would have been one thing. But, the fact that they simply called in the middle of the day, didn't leave a message, and then canceled the order only 8 minutes later really annoyed me.
I had a similar experience last season with less back and forth and the same result.
At the end of the day, I still like StubHub over ticket exchange though.

Old
10-06-2016, 04:22 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I had a similar experience last season with less back and forth and the same result.
At the end of the day, I still like StubHub over ticket exchange though.
I'm sure a big part of it was that it was a pre-season game and that we are only talking about $128 altogether. If they played hardball, I would have started with the, "You guys need that $128 that bad? If so, you might want to consider a new job as your company must be in dire straits".

I might try putting a few on stubhub. Last year, put games on the exchange and they sold pretty quick. This year, put a few up as soon as it was live and nothing so far. I know it is early, but just seems weird.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2016, 04:45 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm sure a big part of it was that it was a pre-season game and that we are only talking about $128 altogether. If they played hardball, I would have started with the, "You guys need that $128 that bad? If so, you might want to consider a new job as your company must be in dire straits".

I might try putting a few on stubhub. Last year, put games on the exchange and they sold pretty quick. This year, put a few up as soon as it was live and nothing so far. I know it is early, but just seems weird.
I'm in the same boat in the sense that things are slow.
One of the reasons I don't like the Exchange is that Big Brother knows everything.

Old
10-06-2016, 11:14 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
i havent had a sale yet on ticket exchange, only vivid and stubhub

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2016, 11:21 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i havent had a sale yet on ticket exchange, only vivid and stubhub
I've found that most of the NHL buyers are on stubhub, most of the NBA buyers are on vivid, and that ticketexchange gets good volume on both

Old
10-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I always sell on ticket exchange no issues. But I also keep the prices near the top so they sell. I like the money going back to seller credit and staying in the account for future invoices. Just easier for me.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2016, 12:20 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I've found that most of the NHL buyers are on stubhub, most of the NBA buyers are on vivid, and that ticketexchange gets good volume on both
I've never sold tickets on vivid. Do you use skybox?

Old
10-08-2016, 12:24 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Do any of you have tickets in the Madison Club? I just posted a couple questions in the stickied NYC thread. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 09:25 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Do any of you have tickets in the Madison Club? I just posted a couple questions in the stickied NYC thread. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!
Madison Club is 50k per seat annual. It's nice, the food is good though not quite as good as the Delta Club. Each ticket comes with $20 concessions credit loaded so you can buy gear or alcohol, but be mindful that the crew in the club expects you to tip them with it (just give them 5 bucks or something)

Old
10-11-2016, 05:00 PM
BigBlueAndRed

Quote:
They called me at 1:36pm yesterday and I received the email canceling the order at 1:44.
You get one shot with Stubhub to fix an issue.

I wasn't at my phone, but got a voicemail from SH on an order issue. 2 minutes after they left the message, I called Stubhub to fix the issue (I had uploaded the wrong PDF). During the time I was on hold for 8 minutes, they sent me an email saying that my sale was cancelled and I was being charged the 20% cancellation fee.

I was furious, you gave a long time seller with 0 issues up to that point 3 minutes to resolve an issue?

A lot of back and forth with a supervisor and they finally refunded the service charge.

BigBlueAndRed is offline   Reply With Quote