HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theodore and his equipment is apparently a big problem for the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
Here is the link to the article.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...17_200110_3944

After reading stuff like this I realy hope they do trade him at the end of the year.

get his ### out of town now

Old
01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
E = CH≤

I still can't believe Gainey signed Kovalev, Dandy and Theo for 3+ years and signed Ryder, Markov and Koivu for only one year.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Montrealer

I love how people believe this took place:

Gainey: "Please change your pads. They are made of rubber and the puck bounces 10 feet away because of them."

Theodore: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! TRADE ME CAUSE I LOVES DA ITECH ME LOVEY ITECH NOT FOR DA MONEY IT"S DA LOVE DUDES"

Gainey: "Ok, sure. Sorry."

Old
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
i dont know but... he would accept a trade rather then change the company? SOME TEAM PLAYER..... wow...poisonous
another reason i hope loungo comes home to montreal

Old
01-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH≤
I still can't believe Gainey signed Kovalev, Dandy and Theo for 3+ years and signed Ryder, Markov and Koivu for only one year.
Not sure about Markov but Koivu has made a habit of signing 1 year deals, its what he wanted to do. He is the captain of the team and one of our better (and better known) players. Makes sense to keep him happy. Even if he wants to check out free agency this year, its not like he will suddenly forget all his years here. Being drafted, the teammates and youngsters who have formed the team with him, the way everyone pulled together for him when he had cancer, the playoff victories over the Bruins. Even when Carbo came in at the weekend, he said he wanted to form a family spirit at the club. There was an article posted recently where G. Gillett was talking about the importance of a family atmosphere around the club. I'm positive he will sign with us again (even if it is another year long contract) because of what Montreal has meant to him over the last decade + of his life. The one year contract makes sense in itself because going into the year, no one was sure how the league would work out as a whole, so a 1 year deal for Saku gives both player and management flexability at the end of the year if things change. Signing guys like Dandy and Kovy to long term deals might well have been the only way we could sign them, but the one year is just right for Saku.

As for Ryder, at the start of the season he was still a young player coming off the back of a good season. He may have struggled terribly with the new rules so signing a young player to a long, big money contract could have been a huge mistake. The one year gives him a chance to say to management, 'i'm not just a one year success' (unlike that Raycroft dude) And in turn management may decide to sign him long term as a result of proving himself this year. Alternatively, Ryder may also be happy signing 1 year deals in an attempt to help the teams finances be more flexible in the cap era.

Old
01-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
I don't know about the ultimatum but the concept of the equipment being a reason for his poor performance carries weight.

He is giving out SOooooo many rebonds compared to Huet its unbeleivable. He also seems to be unable to catch a puck with his glove hand.
Personally I think first and foremost it has more to do with confidence than equipment. Secondly his nagging groin injury will make it much more difficult to achieve the proper lateral movement he requires.

On a lot of the stops that Huet makes, he is squared up to the puck and receives the shot in the torso area. Theo is questioning himself so his reaction time is a little slower. Add to this the fact that he can't explode as quickly as he used to (injury) and you end up with a goalie that is constantly reaching for pucks and hence poor rebound control. Now mix in the faster speed of play and the quicker releases in the new NHL (shooter don't have 200 lbs monsters hanging on to them) and you have a goalie that is struggling. The butterfly style of goaltending that he is used to was great for the old style NHL where shooters were not afforded the time to set up and shoot due to all the clutch and grab. A lot of shots were down low simply due to execution speed. Now players set up in the slot and have all kinds of time. Goalies that were trained to automatically go down will get scored on, as the shooters start to go upstairs more often. They have more time so goalies will have to adjust.

I read somewhere that Theo and Rollie are working on some technical changes to his style. I suspect they will go to a more hybrid style (a la Garon) where he'll have to stay up and challenge more.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Anthony P

LMAO is this the excuse theo has come up with now.... and the excuse gainey is using to justify signing him to such a large contract

Old
01-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P
LMAO is this the excuse theo has come up with now.... and the excuse gainey is using to justify signing him to such a large contract
Well seeing as this "RUMOUR" was started by Watters and Kypreos I don't see how you could link it to Gainey and Theo.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:42 AM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie
Well seeing as this "RUMOUR" was started by Watters and Kypreos I don't see how you could link it to Gainey and Theo.
Can anyone confirm who started the rumour? I don't think it was Watters and Kypreos, I heard this on RDS yesterday.

Either way it is is silly. I don't think Theodore would be hanging on to his equipment if there was no monetary compensation. I also don't believe that is Theodore's problem. His problem is he is an average goaltender with elite status. He would make a great backup if he wasn't being payed as much as he is.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH≤
you forgot to name Ribeiro ...he's signed for one season !

Old
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
BORAT

This is how it went

Gainey : Uh Hey Josť, whats up with the rebounds, this isn't Basketball you know
Theo : Uhhhh... It's becasue Instead of showering my pads with regular shampoo, I use Pantene Pro - V, this conditions them as well as gives them the shine....
Gainey : Uh Theo, how about going to your old equipment ?
Theo : What does quipment mean in French
Melanson : It means equipement
Theo : Ah.. it's pronounces different, but it has the same roo...
Gainey : Uh Theo, so ho about that equipme....
Theo : No way Tabarnacle, Itech promised me to play with Simple Plan , I prefer them, if you not happy send me to Trade, I want 1 Million Vachon Cakes and a Ford F150
Gainey : uhhhhhhh ???
Arnold Shwarzenneger : Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I will defeat you with an army of battle hardened cyborgs from the Future yaaaaa !!!!
Paul Martin : This is becasue Harper says No to Kyoto, Theodore's pad polution concentrate has grown.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
that and those pesky flying pigs

I guess the equipment is the reason why he goes down on his knees faster than a gay gay in a gay bar...

Old
01-18-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
This is how it went

Gainey : Uh Hey Josť, whats up with the rebounds, this isn't Basketball you know
Theo : Uhhhh... It's becasue Instead of showering my pads with regular shampoo, I use Pantene Pro - V, this conditions them as well as gives them the shine....
Gainey : Uh Theo, how about going to your old equipment ?
Theo : What does quipment mean in French
Melanson : It means equipement
Theo : Ah.. it's pronounces different, but it has the same roo...
Gainey : Uh Theo, so ho about that equipme....
Theo : No way Tabarnacle, Itech promised me to play with Simple Plan , I prefer them, if you not happy send me to Trade, I want 1 Million Vachon Cakes and a Ford F150
Gainey : uhhhhhhh ???
Arnold Shwarzenneger : Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I will defeat you with an army of battle hardened cyborgs from the Future yaaaaa !!!!
Paul Martin : This is becasue Harper says No to Kyoto, Theodore's pad polution concentrate has grown.
Hilarious! I ususally find some of your posts kind of dumb, but this one's funny! You have a strange sense of humour to say the least, but that's not a bad thing

Anyways...about this whole equipment stance Theodore is supposedly taking

I this a joke?

Cause it sounds hella funny to me...

Only in Montreal

Last edited by 417: 01-18-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old
01-18-2006, 10:27 AM
BORAT

all I can say is that Theo should stop whining and get to work, video sessions etc... no more excuse at 5 mill

Old
01-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Joe Cole

I am not sure why people have a problem believing that there is a possibility that a player's bad play can be related to his equipement.

If anyone has played at a competitive level, they understand that the difference between a good performance and a bad one is often confidence. Confidence has a lot of ingredients. If you believe that your equipement is not good for one thing, it will make you hesitate. That hesitation is the difference between a goal and a save.

Imagine Theo believes that he must position his legs in a certain way, because his new pads give big rebounds, to get the puck to be directed to the corner instead of back to a shooter. That extra second, or unnatural movement takes him away from his primary move and timing.

We have no idea if the conversation regarding Theo's pads ever happened, or if there is any truth to it.... but.... to say that it the idea that equipement making a differnce cannot be true is just not knowing the game that is played on the ice.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
I am not sure why people have a problem believing that there is a possibility that a player's bad play can be related to his equipement.

If anyone has played at a competitive level, they understand that the difference between a good performance and a bad one is often confidence. Confidence has a lot of ingredients. If you believe that your equipement is not good for one thing, it will make you hesitate. That hesitation is the difference between a goal and a save.

Imagine Theo believes that he must position his legs in a certain way, because his new pads give big rebounds, to get the puck to be directed to the corner instead of back to a shooter. That extra second, or unnatural movement takes him away from his primary move and timing.

We have no idea if the conversation regarding Theo's pads ever happened, or if there is any truth to it.... but.... to say that it the idea that equipement making a differnce cannot be true is just not knowing the game that is played on the ice.
That's not what I was saying, I don't doubt the equipment issues, but the whole trading Theodore because of it is peposterous IMO

Old
01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
That's not what I was saying, I don't doubt the equipment issues, but the whole trading Theodore because of it is peposterous IMO

I was not singling you out.

Old
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Artyukhin*

whats next?

perrie daganias blaming his new stick for making him skate slow?

Closed Thread