HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

jagr BACK to pittsburgh??

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
burp

vCash: 500
jagr BACK to pittsburgh??

i can't really see this happening.......[URL=http://spectorshockey.net]

Old
10-21-2003, 04:06 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by burp
that was my reation. plus, its even funnier that the writer claimed we were sending beech and sivek back to them. that guy must be desperate for a story.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Poor Yammy.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:10 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
If he wants to take a pay cut, a huge one. Fine. But we don't give up as much as that rumor says. The Capitals are lucky to get Sivek and Kraft, at the most.

If this happens, Jagr's restructured contract pays him less than Fleury or Lemieux make.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Dale Tarnstrom..

Old
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
DJ Spinoza

It won't happen, any trade you can concieve, and with any money the Caps give us.

Even a free Jagr doesn't do much to help the team in the short of long term.

Fact is that both he and Kovalev are not in this teams plans. Jagr would be one of the worst to bring back to a rebuilding team. His attitude stinks and we can't have that as a captain after Mario hangs 'em up.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

I would like to see Straka captain after Lemieux retires, but it is a VERY small chance he'll still be here. But if the penguins want a fast, hard working team, who better to be the captain than Straka?

Old
10-22-2003, 03:23 AM
Der Schweinehund

Quote:
I am sure Straka will be the captain when Mario leaves, its just the matter of knowing if Straka will be wearing the same uniform come season's end.
Have to agree with Red Vrnz Bullface on that one. Straka is the ideal choice given the existing roster, but if someone offers to take salary, he is as good as gone.

My other choice would be Buchberger - but as well, given his 1-year contract and age, I don't realistically see him being back. (Same is said for Eastwood.)

The barrel is really being scraped when it comes to captain-like players for the immediate (2-3 year) future. As nothing would surprise me any more, how about a comeback for Moran as the team captain?

Old
10-22-2003, 04:24 AM
SaintRon

Jags back in the Burgh? Sounds good to me but with one addition.

JAGS to Pit
Beech, Sivek, and Lupy to WASH

Then trade JAGS somewhere else.

Washington's desperate to get rid of Jags. Then can keep him IMHO.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:31 AM
Der Schweinehund

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRon
Jags back in the Burgh? Sounds good to me but with one addition.

JAGS to Pit
Beech, Sivek, and Lupy to WASH

Then trade JAGS somewhere else.

Washington's desperate to get rid of Jags. Then can keep him IMHO.
If there is a "somewhere else" for Jagr, then why wouldn't the Caps deal him there directly?

Additionally, the market value for Jagr is supposedly nothing - more or less they are looking to someone (Rangers) to take on the salary. Then essentially, we trade Beech, Sivek, and Lupy for nothing.

I am failing to see how this works for the Pens...

Old
10-22-2003, 06:06 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schweinehund
If there is a "somewhere else" for Jagr, then why wouldn't the Caps deal him there directly?

Additionally, the market value for Jagr is supposedly nothing - more or less they are looking to someone (Rangers) to take on the salary. Then essentially, we trade Beech, Sivek, and Lupy for nothing.

I don't think anything works in the favor of the Penguins. And, I'd like to modify the rumor a little as it is alleged that George McPhee was calling everyone, and it turns out that it was just the Penguins.
And that it was Glen Sather who leaked the information to the media this summer that Jagr was being shop.
It is a supposed to be a payback, by Sather, to (McPhee) for lying to him when he inquired about the original Jagr trade to Washington.
What really has happened to the $parc is unbelievable. They put together a pretty decent group of players individually but they mesh like oil and water. The old clique, the new clique and the Euros and one of the dumbest GM's in the league.

Leonsis is trying to cut their present budget by $10 million and has been AwOL.
Jagr's brooding and being shopped and there are no buyers.
Lang is being shopped and he is at present their best player.
Kolzig is stinking up the house.
Bondra has been rumored to be traded for three years now.
And their team chemistry has to be one of the worst in the NHL. Comparable to the RAG$.

It all comes down to a person (Leonsis) with a lot of money putting it into the hands of GM who has no friggin clue. This team has enough talent to turn it around but it probably would take a weeks worth of continous enemas!

Old
10-22-2003, 06:12 AM
SaintRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schweinehund

Me too. Keep in mind also, that CP traded Jags to the Caps EVEN THOUGH Jags wanted to play for the Rags. In spite of this, the deal was done with the CAPS. Quite a parting shot by PENS mgmt. I remember Jags saying something along the lines of "I was surprised I ended up in Wash instead of NY."

Given that, why would the mgmt. that shipped him to the Caps bring him back?

This rumor is bunk, pure and simple. Probably started by Caps fans who are desperate to rid themselves of the cancer Jags has become. Sorry Caps fans, you're stuck with him and (we told you so!).

They can have Be-atch, Sivek and Lupy back if they want....for FREE!!

One thing is for sure. The Caps will get the short end of the stick if they try and move Jags. Jags problems are 2 fold. He's waaaaay overpaid and he's a headcase. No team wants a headcase, no matter what the cost. The Caps should trade Jags to the Panthers and let Keenan get ahold of him. That would either fix his attitude OR run him right outta the NHL. IMHO, the money isn't the problem, it's JAGS attitude!!

SaintRon

Old
10-22-2003, 06:14 AM
SaintRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutdacheez
And their team chemistry has to be one of the worst in the NHL. Comparable to the RAG$.
And when did this team chemistry start to falter? Soon after Jags entered the building. I'm suprised Stephen Peat hasn't roughed Jags up as well all know how Mr. Peat doesn't like "soft" superstar crybabies. ;-)

Old
10-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Evilo

vCash: 632
I'm all for Jagr coming back if it's financially possible.
Pens fan it seems tend to have a memory that goes no further than one year.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:35 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRon
And when did this team chemistry start to falter? Soon after Jags entered the building. I'm suprised Stephen Peat hasn't roughed Jags up as well all know how Mr. Peat doesn't like "soft" superstar crybabies. ;-)
I could be wrong with this but wasn't there a major problem with GOMER Wilson at the helm BEFORE Jagr got there?
Wasn't Adam Oates sat during the playoffs because Wilson was trying to set an example that he could (and would) sit his number one center.

Then McPhee and Leonsis and Wilson got together and buried the hatchet. Yea right, buried the hatchet . . . LOL.

Then Bondra requested to be traded. And some FA players took less money to play somewhere else and the reason given was the inside cliques. Dahlen left to go elsewhere, Ken Klee took less money than offered this year.

Right now I would think if I had Jagr and an $11 million a year investment I would be forcing him and the other superstars to perform at maximum profiency. Or, they would be dragging their ass back to the bench after each shift. Not cutting their ice time, for crÍpes sake! Jagr had performed well in the first two games but apparently was given the lowest ice time in the first period of their 3rd game because he was being made an example of a slow line change. This coming from a coach who may set the career high for too many men on the ice penalties. These equal-opportunity butt-kicking coaches and GMs, who strip pieces of your hide off in front of the team, the fans and the media usually end up being used car salesmen or coaches in San Jose!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

The ONLY conceivable way I can see this happening is if the Pens have to shell out less than [$3M] of their own money (per year, however many are left - 5 including this year?) to pay his contract. The Crapitals would have to eat almost all of it to even get consideration from Patrick, in which case, why not keep him and see if he improves?

Further, I agree with the sentiment that you don't want an emotionally immature Jagr leading this team when Mario and Marty are gone. He's not a leader, plain and simple.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Evilo

vCash: 632
He was enough of a leader to keep the team in Pittsburgh, wasn't he?

Closed Thread