HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes vs Penguins (10.22.03)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 03:24 PM
look out for orpik

vCash: 500
yay on the goal and another point for lemieux . ... boo on morozov, stevie wonder coulda put that one in sorry i just dont like him

Old
10-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by look out for orpik
yay on the goal and another point for lemieux . ... boo on morozov, stevie wonder coulda put that one in sorry i just dont like him
Hey, just be happy we didn't have Holzinger there, he probably woulda hit the post or missed the net completely. Nice job guys

Old
10-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Yeah, boo Morozov, he really sucks. I mean, he scored a goal that "even Stevie Wonder could put in". How dare he! Trade him! Trade him now! It's not like Pittsburgh needs guys who can score.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Ok, Buchberger should NEVER be on a PP squad. Even on the Pens.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:47 PM
look out for orpik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
Hey, just be happy we didn't have Holzinger there, he probably woulda hit the post or missed the net completely. Nice job guys

lol i think i just may have to agree with you

Old
10-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Wingboy2999

There goes the shutout. Why did Fleury even come out of the net? Rookie mistake I guess.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Robert Paulson*

errrr... Fleury shouldn't have tried to clear that puck.. if anything go out and cover it. Bad idea by Fleury. 1-1.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Robert Paulson*

uh oh, hope Mario's okay..

Old
10-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

What happened to Lemieux?

Old
10-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
What happened to Lemieux?
Hill was trying to clear the puck and it hit Lemieux in the leg. Seems ok, just shaken up.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by look out for orpik

Couldn't think of something to say that wouldn't get me banned. So I'll let the emoticon do the talking.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
One-eyed Jack

can anyone confirm or deny this?(I'm a rotofanatic, hence the question)

I read somewhere today that Berehowsky was moved to the 1st pp unit for tonights game and Kolstov would be moved off it. It looked like Berehowsky never made it out for the 1st pp, instead Abid was the recipient of the pp time according to the pp icetime on ESPN's boxscores. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Old
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Wingboy2999

Big chance for the Pens here. Fleury has made some nice saves. That check by Lemieux was sweet!

Old
10-22-2003, 04:58 PM
spence___

Aubin with 23 saves as the Baby Pens beat Norfolk 6-1.

http://pointstreak.com/framed/prosta...l?gameid=44666

Old
10-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

I am a little disappointed that the pens didn't win, but they still got a point and Fleury played good once again. Also, good job by Wilkes-Barre.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Fleury was [35 of 36] tonight. Another very good game other than his goof that led to the goal. Rookie mistake but he kept his composure, that's the main thing.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:59 PM
No Quarter

I was down at the game tonight and the thing that irked me the most about this game is how many shots Straka passed up on the Power Play.
I counted at least 4 excellent oppertunities for him to fire the puck but instead he dished it off to either Tarnstrom or Mario with a cross ice pass.
Another thing is when he passed the puck off either Morozov or Abid had their ***** parked in front of the net ready for a rebound.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:15 PM
spence___

only 10,425 people in attendence, their lowest in 2 years.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=58030

Old
10-22-2003, 06:23 PM
No Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal(M)eth
That is why Lupy needs to be up with the Pens...

Lupy is a gunner...he has a cannon and uses it every chance he gets...he is also a right handed shot from the blueline...which the Pens have very few of....Tarnstrom has to float to the middle to one time the passes off the half-board from Mario...Lupy would be able to gun them off the point...and Tarnstrom could move to the right side..

Lupy also is great at leading the rush and making outlet passes....which this team really needs.

Tired of hearing about his D being weak, because it is a BS knock. Even Lupy said he is tired of the stigma, and that critics are just looking for something to harp on.

Berehowsky can keep making veteran mistakes...but Lupy can't be up here making rookie mistakes? All mistakes look the same to me...

On a side note, anyone see the Fluery interview after the game?

He is still learning English..and was asked about the play where he came out...and he said..."I got uh..what is it.. screwed?" lmao..

I agree Berehowsky was the worst dman on the ice for us.
I thought he was a decent pick up for us being a veteran dman and all, but if he keeps playing as bad as he has the first 5 games, well I say yeah give Lupaschuk a good long look.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:47 AM
KungFuPenguin

Quote:
On a side note, anyone see the Fluery interview after the game?

He is still learning English..and was asked about the play where he came out...and he said..."I got uh..what is it.. screwed?" lmao..
Heh. That was actually quite amusing.

Old
10-23-2003, 02:28 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy page
I was down at the game tonight and the thing that irked me the most about this game is how many shots Straka passed up on the Power Play.Another thing is when he passed the puck off either Morozov or Abid had their ***** parked in front of the net ready for a rebound.
For some reason, the "get it on the net, good things will happen" message has missed Straka. I can see dumping that pass back to Tarnstrom once in a while . . . but Tarnstrom hasn't been "on the net" with his shot that much himself. Straka's dumping it back everytime.
Forcing the puck to Mario too much cost them also. Those four foot passes into traffic are just plain stupid.
I have a few other comments on the game last night . . . and the first five . . . below.

Old
10-23-2003, 02:35 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
only 10,425 people in attendence, their lowest in 2 years.
Maybe you saw 10,425 bodies in there last night . . . but I sure didn't.
This is getting back to the old days . . . right now only the real hard core Penguin hockey fans are there. Mid week, lackluster opponent . . . WVU playing VT . . . the World Series, etc., plus the price of a ticket are going to affect all NHL crowds. Things will pick up after Stiller season is done (maybe this week ) and the high school football season ends. Anyone who thinks there were even 10,000 there last night just can't count very well.

Old
10-23-2003, 02:47 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Tired of hearing about his D being weak, because it is a BS knock. Even Lupy said he is tired of the stigma, and that critics are just looking for something to harp on.

Berehowsky can keep making veteran mistakes...but Lupy can't be up here making rookie mistakes? All mistakes look the same to me...
Well, I'm glad someone else brought this one up first. Before I jump on the Lupaschuk should be up here and Berehowsky's play I first want to ask . . . what does ANYONE see in Dan Focht other than his size? Some of the posters here keep mentioning how good he is and all I see is a STIFF. Out of position, looks uncertian about himself when handling the puck and is slow. I haven't put him in the Shawn Hiens category yet but he's damn close.
As to Berehowsky AND ALL OTHER OLDER PLAYERS . . . some of these guys are making mistakes 'that if it was Laupaschuk' it would be highlighted. That goes for Tarnstrom, also. I agree that Lupaschuk has this stigma about bad defense. He plays as good as almost any of the others and what he does bring to the table is a player who puts the puck on the net.
You are so right CM . . . all mistakes look the same!

Old
10-23-2003, 02:48 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy page
I agree Berehowsky was the worst dman on the ice for us.
I thought he was a decent pick up for us being a veteran dman and all, but if he keeps playing as bad as he has the first 5 games, well I say yeah give Lupaschuk a good long look.
How did you miss Focht?

Old
10-23-2003, 02:55 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
errrr... Fleury shouldn't have tried to clear that puck.. if anything go out and cover it. Bad idea by Fleury. 1-1.
I must be the only one who didn't think MAF screwed up. He came out and played the puck and Francis made a good play pinching in. Covering the puck or firing over the glass would have resulted in a penalty, right? Possibly Focht, Bradley and Holzinger should make the final decision as to whether it really was a rookie mistake, or not. They certainly had a front row seat while they watched the play.
The way I saw it was he tried to make "the right" play . . . and for that reason I find it hard to call it a "rookie" mistake . . . or a "bad-idea" by MAF.

Closed Thread