HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Michael McCarron

Old
10-10-2016, 10:48 PM
the

vCash: 50
They took the right decision to send him down. A bit more AHL experience won't hurt him. He's almost here, I expect to see him play some games for us by the end of the season.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Bergevillain

vCash: 500
Much better for Mac to get top line minutes in the AHL than 4th line minutes in the big leagues.

Bergevillain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 06:54 AM
BJCOLLINS

Did anyone expect anything else from the ass clowns MB & MT? So our future is DD, ?.

As a Hab fan, I hope Big Mac refuses to report..... "Trade me" should be his position.
MB will get a 4th and an echl prospect Edmonton.

Stupid, stupid, asset management from this group?

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:20 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Did anyone expect anything else from the ass clowns MB & MT? So our future is DD, ?.

As a Hab fan, I hope Big Mac refuses to report..... "Trade me" should be his position.

Are you serious right now or????

I seriously can't tell

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:23 AM
MXD

Best possible decision in his case.
Not exactly sure why he's still tried at Center.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:42 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ev View Post
the problem is our coach does not have a good record when it comes to "grooming" rookies/young guys
Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Pateryn....don't know man, give me examples of who's career he ended??

McCarron and Sergachev will be added to this group shortly

Quote:

Our future is on the 3rd line??

Pierre McGuire was on last night and said McCarron should go up to St. John's and work hard, be ready for when they call him up......the absolute opposite of what you're suggesting

Lehkonen and Sergachev, 2 rookies, have made the team btw

Last edited by montreal: 10-11-2016 at 09:41 AM.
jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Respeck
Drouin

He looked good in pre-season, but he wasn't exceptional enough or anything to lock down a spot. Hopefully he goes down to the AHL, lights it up and we see him back here in a couple of months.

Respeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:57 AM
sharks9

Quote:

Seriously? If you didn't notice, Therrien is keeping 3 rookies on this team but he's an ass clown for not making it 4?

Not to mention he said he liked how McCarron played in pre-season and is positive that he has a future in the NHL with the Canadiens.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:13 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Our future is on the 3rd line??

Pierre McGuire was on last night and said McCarron should go up to St. John's and work hard, be ready for when they call him up......the absolute opposite of what you're suggesting

Lehkonen and Sergachev, 2 rookies, have made the team btw
No offensive but you are quoting Pierre McGuire? Dion Phaneuf's Pierre McGuire?

So I like Lehkonen....he JDLR and McC were picked in the same draft. McC has been a good "soldier" coming to every camp working his ass off and repeatedly being sent down as guys like DD Semin Kassian De la Rose and others are penciled in, warts and all. So Mac "do the work, do all that we ask"....but MT & MB don't want you?

McC has improved every year. Anyone who believes DD is a better 3rd line option, IMHO, is not aware of what McCarron brings.

Old
10-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Victorius

Therrien not liking young players is an urban legend. Just unfounded crap.

He is the one who had a bunch of very green players in Pittsburg when he started there, giving a guy like Jordan Sraal all kind of reponsabilities. MT was the one who wanted ti keep JDLR in the line up, and gave many current young players on the actual line up important ice time. And he is the one putting Lehkonen on a second line and liking a lot the presence of Sergachev on the blue line.

For many, many years, it's a guy like Babcock who was not too keen about having guys under 23 in his line up in Detroit. And some are worst than him.

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:28 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
No offensive but you are quoting Pierre McGuire? Dion Phaneuf's Pierre McGuire?

So I like Lehkonen....he JDLR and McC were picked in the same draft. McC has been a good "soldier" coming to every camp working his ass off and repeatedly being sent down as guys like DD Semin Kassian De la Rose and others are penciled in, warts and all. So Mac "do the work, do all that we ask"....but MT & MB don't want you?

McC has improved every year. Anyone who believes DD is a better 3rd line option, IMHO, is not aware of what McCarron brings.
Not every prospect follows the same development plan...had Lekhonen come to North America right after being drafted, he would of suffered the same fate that McCarron got and he would of been sent down every year.

De la Rose isn't pencilled in anywhere in the NHL lineup, Kassian? Not even sure why you've brought him up

The organization is very high on McCarron, but right now, he needs a bit more seasoning. His job is to go down to the AHL and perform and to be called back up for good at some point this year. When he does that, it will likely to be to take over for Desharnais in some capacity.

The team is already integrating guys like Lehkonen, Sergachev and even Carr into the team this year...not to mention some of the vets (Weber, Radulov, Shaw).

I think you're being very harsh...

I think after a very difficult offseason for Habs fans...the coaching/management staff is showing us a lot of good signs heading into this year.

Old
10-11-2016, 08:40 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Not every prospect follows the same development plan...had Lekhonen come to North America right after being drafted, he would of suffered the same fate that McCarron got and he would of been sent down every year.

De la Rose isn't pencilled in anywhere in the NHL lineup, Kassian? Not even sure why you've brought him up

The organization is very high on McCarron, but right now, he needs a bit more seasoning. His job is to go down to the AHL and perform and to be called back up for good at some point this year. When he does that, it will likely to be to take over for Desharnais in some capacity.

The team is already integrating guys like Lehkonen, Sergachev and even Carr into the team this year...not to mention some of the vets (Weber, Radulov, Shaw).

I think you're being very harsh...

I think after a very difficult offseason for Habs fans...the coaching/management staff is showing us a lot of good signs heading into this year.
Hey I'm fine with the integration of new blood.....&.....I am being harsh! MB & MT are making the choices Price will weigh when he decides to resign or not. The crap show must stop. McC is a better hockey player than DD on the 3rd line that's one of my points. When C Price decides to sign with a grown up team we will have to examine years of the train wreck we've been witness to. That's my other point.

Old
10-11-2016, 08:42 AM
DAChampion

I hope he dominates in Hamilton for a few months.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:56 AM
hersky77

Quote:
Hey I'm fine with the integration of new blood.....&.....I am being harsh! MB & MT are making the choices Price will weigh when he decides to resign or not. The crap show must stop. McC is a better hockey player than DD on the 3rd line that's one of my points. When C Price decides to sign with a grown up team we will have to examine years of the train wreck we've been witness to. That's my other point.

When carey price has to be resigned to a new contract, Mccarron will be on the team, Desharnais most likely wont be.

So its not an issue at all, at the present moment.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 09:02 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
If management starts to make every roster decision based on Carey Price's decision to sign with the Habs 2 or 3 years from now. Then they should just quit now.

That would be more of the crap show you're referring too.

The decision for McCarron to go down and get more icetime is not related in any way to what Price will do when his contract is up.

McCarron doesn't even have 1 FULL year of professional hockey (even if you combine his AHL games + NHL games last year) under his belt.

We need to stop this idea that MT/MB are somehow holding him back. He's still got a tone to learn.

Old
10-11-2016, 10:13 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
If management starts to make every roster decision based on Carey Price's decision to sign with the Habs 2 or 3 years from now. Then they should just quit now.

That would be more of the crap show you're referring too.

The decision for McCarron to go down and get more icetime is not related in any way to what Price will do when his contract is up.

McCarron doesn't even have 1 FULL year of professional hockey (even if you combine his AHL games + NHL games last year) under his belt.

We need to stop this idea that MT/MB are somehow holding him back. He's still got a tone to learn.
If you think a Price won't have the best team of agents around him weighing in on all aspects of his future your wrong. Coaching and management will be critical. It's what Stamkos mentioned this past summer resigning with TB.

We have a number of players just announced without "1 FULL SEASON"

So is it your opinion is that DD is the better choice on the 3rd line than McCarron? Please don't tell me Mc can use the seasoning in the AHL. I'm asking "you" is DD a better 3rd line player right now.

Old
10-11-2016, 10:17 AM
VladTheLimpWhaler

Look, just because it works on the playstation/xbox doesn't mean it is a good fit in real life. McCarron is not ready.

VladTheLimpWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Boulette Canon

Quote:

I can't even...

Boulette Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:24 AM
MXD

McC is probably ready for a bottom-6 WING role. But he's not ready for a center role. End of the story.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:28 AM
hersky77

Quote:
If you think a Price won't have the best team of agents around him weighing in on all aspects of his future your wrong. Coaching and management will be critical. It's what Stamkos mentioned this past summer resigning with TB.

So is it your opinion is that DD is the better choice on the 3rd line than McCarron? Please don't tell me Mc can use the seasoning in the AHL. I'm asking "you" is DD a better 3rd line player right now.

Yes right now DD is the better option to run the third line. Will it be that way half way through the year, maybe maybe not. But at the present moment DD is better. Plus that line has clicked right away.

Why break it up?

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:39 AM
LePoche69

McCarron still has to work on his "short term" stamina. He still has some problems to do more than 90 seconds shifts.

Nothing wrong in doing 90 sec. or less shifts. But when you're stuck in the D-zone, it could be ugly.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:

So what you are saying is that McCarron's development is NOT as important as him replacing DD now? Gotcha. Future McCarron is of no importance. Only that he replaces DD now. Gotcha. Your logic is sound.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Victorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
McC is probably ready for a bottom-6 WING role. But he's not ready for a center role. End of the story.
RW on line #4 would be his best place right now. With Byron LW and Danault entering that line. But Mitchell is still a pretty good #4 line player. Flynn is the one who should be let go.

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 11:12 AM
7 day theory

Quote:

Yes clearly - but that's not what you wrote, to which I responded too.

What does Carey Price re-signing his contract when it's up in 3 years, have to do with the decision to send down McCarron for more seasoning?

Do you really think Carey Price is gonna be like

"well, I really wanted to re-sign here...but you guys sent McCarron back down 3 years ago and that really turned me off"

Like come on...

Old
10-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Runner77

vCash: 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
I thought McGuire was a head case and shouldn't be quoted. Look at all the negative stuff he said about Weber when the trade was announced to the Habs.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote