HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are the lines going to look like now???

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 10:13 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
What are the lines going to look like now???

With the first line playing like garbage, I think it's time to mix things up. With Reinprecht coming back, and likely to play on the wing with the strong play of Lombardi, I see no harm in breaking up the big line. Put Reinprecht with Conroy and Iggy, and keep the kid line together because the have been by far and away the best line for us lately. Keep Gelinas, Yelle and Donovan together, and on the 4th, I think a line of McAmmond-Betts-Clark would be very effective.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Frozen Testicle

vCash:
Saprykin has been the best player in the last couple games, I'd say reward him and put him with Iginla for a bit.

My lines:
McAmmond Conroy Iginla
Saprykin Reinprecht Kobasew
Dome Betts Clark
Gelinas Yelle Donovan

I disagree with sending Dome down with a team this offensively challenged. At least keep him until he stops scoring.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:14 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Testicle
Saprykin has been the best player in the last couple games, I'd say reward him and put him with Iginla for a bit.

My lines:
McAmmond Conroy Iginla
Saprykin Reinprecht Kobasew
Dome Betts Clark
Gelinas Yelle Donovan

I disagree with sending Dome down with a team this offensively challenged. At least keep him until he stops scoring.
I'm confused, you say that Saprykin should be with Iginla, but then you put him with Reinprecht and Kobasew?

Old
10-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I always felt McAmmond's great year 2 seasons ago was a fluke. He's really little more than a 3rd liner.

It's time to break Conroy and Iginla up. Conroy, for whatever reason, seems to have reverted back to the checking center he was back in St. Louis. With Rhino coming back, it'd be nice to see if those two could become a formidable tandem.

I've said before and I'll say it again. Reinprecht cannot play wing. He's wasted there. Use him as a center or don't use him at all.

Saprykin-Reinprecht-Iginla
Gelinas-Lombardi-Kobasew
Betts-Conroy-Clark
McAmmond-Yelle-Donovan

Old
10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Frozen Testicle

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
I'm confused, you say that Saprykin should be with Iginla, but then you put him with Reinprecht and Kobasew?
Haha yeah sorry I meant those as my start of the season lines. But it looks like the first line tommorow is Reinprecht-Lombardi-Iginla.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Super-Rye

Reinprecht - Lombardi - Iginla
Gelinas - Conroy - Kobasew
McAmmond - Betts - Saprykin
Donovan/Oliwa - Yelle - Clark

I have Donovan playing his off-wing because you need to fit his speed in there somewhere. The first line i like because it's got some youth, speed, and skill. The second line is a good combo of Defense, Speed, and Offense. The third line could also pot 15-20 this season, this is no ordinary third like, more a 2B line. The 4th line is a line that will go out there and throw the body, play good defensively, and create some offensive chances. While Iginla may be the only one who scores a TON of goals this year, it spreads scoring out amoung 3 lines.

Regehr - Lydman
Gauthier - Leopold
Warrener - Ference
Montador

Each pairing has 1 hard hitting, solid defensive minded D-man paired up with a good puck moving D-man. I feel this will create some good chances offensively because Lydman, Leopold, and Ference could think a bit more offensive because they know they got their butts covered by a solid group of vets.

Turek
McLennan

As much as I don't like the play of Turek, we're stuck with him till the end of the season, atleast. McLennan may become expendable for 1 of the younger guys at the end of the season, although if any move happens with McLennan i expect it to be during the offseason.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

I agree with Super-Rye's lines. It's too bad that Dome can't squeeze in there somewhere. Would love to get Clark or Lowry off the team in order to make room for Dome.

As well, I don't see McAmmond being in the long-term plans in the future. I have a hunch that Dome gets his roster spot before the end of the season, with Mcammond being moved by the deadline. Just a hunch...

Old
10-20-2003, 06:50 PM
lindros88

vCash:
the flames were praticing today with the lines of

reinprecht lombardi iginla
clark conroy saprykin
gelinas yelle donavon
mccamond betts kobasew

I don't remember the defence tho

Old
10-20-2003, 08:42 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye
Gelinas - Conroy - Kobasew
McAmmond - Betts - Saprykin
Donovan/Oliwa - Yelle - Clark

I have Donovan playing his off-wing because you need to fit his speed in there somewhere. The first line i like because it's got some youth, speed, and skill. The second line is a good combo of Defense, Speed, and Offense. The third line could also pot 15-20 this season, this is no ordinary third like, more a 2B line. The 4th line is a line that will go out there and throw the body, play good defensively, and create some offensive chances. While Iginla may be the only one who scores a TON of goals this year, it spreads scoring out amoung 3 lines.

Regehr - Lydman
Gauthier - Leopold
Warrener - Ference
Montador

Each pairing has 1 hard hitting, solid defensive minded D-man paired up with a good puck moving D-man. I feel this will create some good chances offensively because Lydman, Leopold, and Ference could think a bit more offensive because they know they got their butts covered by a solid group of vets.

Turek
McLennan

As much as I don't like the play of Turek, we're stuck with him till the end of the season, atleast. McLennan may become expendable for 1 of the younger guys at the end of the season, although if any move happens with McLennan i expect it to be during the offseason.
I can't agree with the defense, I think that Leopold and Regehr are gonna be together no matter what, Warrener was playing with Gauthier but last game it seemed like Lydman played with Warrener and Gauthier was with Ference. I like it like this...

Regehr - Leopold
Warrener - Lydman
Gauthier - Ference
HS - Montador

Saprykin - Conroy - Kobasew
Gelinas - Yelle - Donovan
McAmmond - Betts - Clark
HS - Lowry/Oliwa

I think the MCI line needs to be shaken up, I really would like to find Dome a roster spot as well, I think that would make a good statement about the Flames offensive play to the rest of the team.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Roger Millions is reporting that Ference will be scratched and Montador will draw in.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Frozen Testicle

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Roger Millions is reporting that Ference will be scratched and Montador will draw in.
No suprise there after Ference's performance in the last game.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:17 PM
ForeignFlame

Yep, Monty played and Ference had a comfy seat in the press box.

Closed Thread