HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murley sent down

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Mr. T

vCash: 500
Murley sent down

link

Old
10-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Re: Kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal(M)eth
Guess we better get used to seeing Kraft sloth his way across the ice...
A team is made up of several different parts. Milan Kraft has something the Penguins need this season: Scoring ability. Yes, he's still a shadow of what we expected when he was a first-round pick in 1998 but the team has to find out once and for all what they have in Kraft. I've never liked him as a center because of his lack of defensive awareness but his hands could make a nice winger...not unlike what Viktor Kozlov became in Florida after moving to RW next to Olli Jokinen. I wouldn't mind seeing Kraft moved to RW next to Straka and Lemieux. Then, Koltsov can go on another line to try to find some three-line balance.

I still think Kraft's scoring potential is greater than Koltsov's and is close to Aleksey Morozov's. However, it's not going to happen playing strictly second power-play unit and no time five-on-five.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:24 PM
KungFuPenguin

It isn't going to happen unless he starts going to the net, either.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:32 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
A team is made up of several different parts. Milan Kraft has something the Penguins need this season: Scoring ability. Yes, he's still a shadow of what we expected when he was a first-round pick in 1998 but the team has to find out once and for all what they have in Kraft. I've never liked him as a center because of his lack of defensive awareness but his hands could make a nice winger...not unlike what Viktor Kozlov became in Florida after moving to RW next to Olli Jokinen. I wouldn't mind seeing Kraft moved to RW next to Straka and Lemieux. Then, Koltsov can go on another line to try to find some three-line balance.

I still think Kraft's scoring potential is greater than Koltsov's and is close to Aleksey Morozov's. However, it's not going to happen playing strictly second power-play unit and no time five-on-five.

Koltsov has a better scoring ability then both Morozov and Kraft.
Morozov is a good player.
Kraft was and should be a playmaker.
Maybe this year will be his breakout year.
Let's hope.

I liked him alot when we drafted him.
He has to make me happy now.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Kraft didn't play much against Detroit but he was impressive when he was on the ice.

I have to agree with this though, Murley wasn't that impressive in his first two games and lost his roster spot to one of Ramzi Abid and Milan Kraft.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
spence___

Im kind of disappointed. It just seems like he never really got the chance to prove himself, he mine as well have started the season out in WBS.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:27 PM
GoPenguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
Im kind of disappointed. It just seems like he never really got the chance to prove himself, he mine as well have started the season out in WBS.
I agree that he didnt have much chance to shine here, but he'll benefit from getting major ice time with the Baby Pens and under Michel Therien.
He'll be rightfully disappointed but will show his mettle and probably be one of the forwards first considered if a call-up is needed.

I also think he lost out to Kraft because he would not have to pass through waivers. That isnt fair on Murley, as the waiver system does force teams to try and keep a hold of those slow-developing prospects.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:13 PM
look out for orpik

im disappointed to see this move i just hope its cuz sivek and armstrong are hurt and that murley will be back up here soon. whoever said i guess we'll be seeing kraft sloth his way across the ice, said it all.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:48 PM
DJ Spinoza

Better to have Murley play a year of top time in the AHL than play five minutes a game in the NHL on a checking line. They don't have much room for him at this point, and are making it clear that they won't subject Kraft or Abid to waivers.

He got a taste of the NHL and knows what it takes up here. I hope he uses it as motivation to earn a call up some point in the season.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

That's the point right there, he didn't have a chance to prove himself but he wouldn't have had it even if he stayed here.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by look out for orpik
im disappointed to see this move i just hope its cuz sivek and armstrong are hurt
You're kidding, right?

Old
10-20-2003, 07:55 PM
PensFan68

I posted this at the Pens board, and just copied it here. (why not?)

From what I saw he wasn't too impressive. I think sending him down was the best thing. We had a logjam here and I'm sure he'll get more playing time at WBS(although, there's alot of guys there too). No use wasting him here if he's going to be scratched for one or more games a week.

I agree with the point that he got a taste of the NHL. Now he knows what it's like. He can focus on the parts of his game that he(or the org) thinks needs improvement to get back and stay in the NHL.

It's a waste for us to send down Kraft or Abid(if they'd make it without getting claimed). They don't have anything left to work on in the minors, IMO. They have to prove themselves at the NHL level.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:07 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

while i was hoping Simpson to be sent down, i would rather have Murley playing in WBS than be sitting in Pitt.

Closed Thread