HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Graham or Dubinsky?

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2006, 10:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
skating ability once they reached the NHL is much larger than I think most fans realize. Terry O'Reilly, Bobby Nystrom and even our own Jason Ward are just a few.
I think fans also don't understand that it takes bigger players a little bit longer to get acustomed to their bodies as they are continually growing. Once they get use to their bodies their coordination starts to catch up and you see a different player. The comparison is almost like why does it take defensemen longer on average to mature? I don't understand the rush to judgement and pegging players as a 1st line this, 4th line that. Graham is an offensive player. It will be in an offensive role if he is to make it.

Having said all that, I will say that right now Dubinsky appears to have a better chance. But again, one is in the pros, the other is in Jrs. Big difference.
That's a very good point - what would Graham be doing in juniors right now? Big players do take a while, and we can debate his final ability at this point given lack of production, does that have any bearing on how he'll wind up? I mean, seriously - can anyone name a huge player (height- or weight-wise) that had an immediate impact? At the age of 20? I grant you, I'm a bit biased given that we share the same last name, but I thought it was an impressive comment that they signed him to the A at the age of 19/20. I give him at least 4 years before I start losing faith.

Old
01-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
skating ability once they reached the NHL is much larger than I think most fans realize. Terry O'Reilly, Bobby Nystrom and even our own Jason Ward are just a few.
I think fans also don't understand that it takes bigger players a little bit longer to get acustomed to their bodies as they are continually growing. Once they get use to their bodies their coordination starts to catch up and you see a different player. The comparison is almost like why does it take defensemen longer on average to mature? I don't understand the rush to judgement and pegging players as a 1st line this, 4th line that. Graham is an offensive player. It will be in an offensive role if he is to make it.

Having said all that, I will say that right now Dubinsky appears to have a better chance. But again, one is in the pros, the other is in Jrs. Big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
That's a very good point - what would Graham be doing in juniors right now? Big players do take a while, and we can debate his final ability at this point given lack of production, does that have any bearing on how he'll wind up? I mean, seriously - can anyone name a huge player (height- or weight-wise) that had an immediate impact? At the age of 20? I grant you, I'm a bit biased given that we share the same last name, but I thought it was an impressive comment that they signed him to the A at the age of 19/20. I give him at least 4 years before I start losing faith.
You guys are right that basically all big players take longer to develop. But Bruce is 6 real foots and 6 real inches. He is giagantic. I like him as a player, he is big and have a well rounded game, a heavy shot and seems to be a great person. But I think his skating will hold him back.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:13 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
Put on more weight? The kid is 6'6, 235 pounds. How much more weight can he put on before being considered fat and out of shape?

I do agree that he needs to be become more physical. He's got tremendous size and if he can use that to his advantage, he'll be tough for any team to play against.
They might list him as 235. I don't believe it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's around 200. He is really skinny. Either that or my eyes are playing tricks on me. But to compare him to say Falardeau or Grenier who are about the same height--those guys are a lot more filled out.

Closed Thread