HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great news Blues fans:

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 03:40 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Part of the problem with this team is that we're focusing way too much on the physical aspect of the game and not enough on the finesse part. We already have enough grit with Walker, Jammer, Drake, Salvy, Jackman and Tkachuk. IF we had players who could control the puck better we wouldn't be nearly as vulnerable to a punk like Jannsen. All Jannsen was doing was forechecking(and turtling when challenged); proper puck movement is all it takes to beat a good forecheck. The Blues have no up-ice puck movement; you fix that and grit becomes a MUCH lesser priority. Therefore; we need to focus more on offense and less on grit. Putting another offensively challenged player on this team is the LAST thing we should be doing.
I still think the toughness as far as a legit fighter is needed we just disagree there. Calling Jannsen a punk isnt fair that kid plays hard and the rules IE the Instigator created his actions against Downey. Hell he turns down Downey Draws a 2 min PP there and then goes and fights one of our top D-men and gets him off the ice as well. He scored big points with his coach there. I would take a kid that forechecks that hard on my team every day. Peoper puck movement or not he is going to cause turnovers at times becuse there are always going to be players who dont want to take a hit to make a play after a few big hits are put on them.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:42 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBleeder
My thinking has Fitz being our future tough guy.
Fitzgerals should be a part of it. DJ king should get a look as well he seems to have a big punch and the ability to hurt guys in fights.

Closed Thread