HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Allison: [I hate my job], "but it pays well"

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Allison: [I hate my job], "but it pays well"

"My role has been since they signed me, it's supposed to be, seventh defenseman, which in my understanding is, if somebody gets hurt, you play. It hasn't really worked out that way, so my role is kind of undefined I guess. I just try to play well when I play. It's really out of my control. It's hard, but the job pays well."

Does this not bother anyone? I appriecate his honesty and all, but somethings you just shouldn't say to the media.

It sounds like damage has been done. Wouldn't be surprised to see him waived soon.

Last edited by dulzhok: 01-21-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old
01-21-2006, 02:47 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
"My role has been since they signed me, it's supposed to be, seventh defenseman, which in my understanding is, if somebody gets hurt, you play. It hasn't really worked out that way, so my role is kind of undefined I guess. I just try to play well when I play. It's really out of my control. It's hard, but the job pays well."

Does this not bother anyone? I appriecate his honesty and all, but somethings you just shouldn't say to the media.

It sounds like damage has been done. Wouldn't be surprised to see him waived soon.
Where did he say he hated his job??? In Quotes.

Old
01-21-2006, 02:47 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

If that is indeed al he said I do not have a problem with that.

Old
01-21-2006, 03:05 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubstar
Where did he say he hated his job??? In Quotes.
I was quoting the implied. Sure, I put words in his mouth, but I sure took it to mean that.

"[whine and b*tching about his position on the team to the media], but the job pays well."

Anytime you hear those words, it's implies to me that he's not happy with his job, but it does reap a big pay check.

I'd be fine with him saying he's in a difficult situation. But when you add "but atleast it pays well" that's certainly going to grab the attention of your coach and GM in a negative way.

Last edited by dulzhok: 01-21-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old
01-21-2006, 03:11 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

First off where can this interview or question/answer be found?

Secondly, please change the title. I fail to see where he says he hates his job.

Old
01-21-2006, 03:47 PM
predperson

I don't see a problem with what he said...
Trotz uses the media all the time....

Old
01-21-2006, 03:55 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
I don't see a problem with what he said...
Trotz uses the media all the time....
Ya, except Trotz is the boss.

That fine if you don't see a problem with it, but I guarantee that Trotz and Poile aren't happy with it. Their employee tells the city of Nashville that you don't like the decisions they are making, then adds "but the job pays well."

Old
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
handtrick

Quote:

That fine if you don't see a problem with it, but I guarantee that Trotz and Poile aren't happy with it. Their employee tells the city of Nashville that you don't like the decisions they are making, then adds "but the job pays well."
agreed....if Trotz dresses 7 defensemen and Allison plays tonight [since Weber was just sent down].....then I will believe that Trotz is Ok with him speaking about it in the media......otherwise, I will continue to be suspicious that he is not.

Old
01-21-2006, 04:34 PM
predperson

Quote:

I think the bottom line is that you are reading more into what was said than I am....you very well could be right but that's not my interpretation.

Old
01-21-2006, 05:26 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I agree with Dulzhok, though I don't get as bothered by what he says to the media. What concerns me is that if he's willing to say this to the media, is he a negative influence in the lockerroom? I don't have any evidence to suggest he is, but the last thing a young D-core needs is to have someone in that lockerroom complaining about his role on the team.

Old
01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
The way I see this is that a reporter asked him a question and he answered it honestly. He then qualified his statement to the bluecollar masses that *****ing about his situation is somewhat silly when he is getting paid half a mil to ride around the continent on planes and watch some pretty good hockey.

Old
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
The way I see this is that a reporter asked him a question and he answered it honestly. He then qualified his statement to the bluecollar masses that *****ing about his situation is somewhat silly when he is getting paid half a mil to ride around the continent on planes and watch some pretty good hockey.
I agree 9".

Knowing he's the 7th defenseman and will be played when needed ... then to have another D injured and a call-up instead of being played .... I don't blame him at all for being frustrated.

Any player wants to play instead of sitting. That's why they tried so hard to make it to the NHL.

I would much rather him answer reporter questions honestly than to have him lie about it.

Closed Thread