HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie to Washington Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
HOZ

vCash: 500
Proposal: Comrie to Washington

This is justa rumour and nothing more.....

For Sutherby and ??? in the works.

Heard it from a friend.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ

Heard it from a friend.

Thats not cool....

Old
10-20-2003, 06:01 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ

Heard it from a friend.
You should put Proposal or Rumour in the Thread Title. As for this friend you heard this from, how reliable is he/she? We've been hearing tons of rumours involving Comrie since the summer so a rumour from a "friend" won't be taken too seriously by lots of people here.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:01 PM
outKast*

maybe it's just me but i'd rather have Weiss potential than Sutherby. During Stephen's draft year, scouts were saying his upside was a player like Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman, and his down side was Craig Janney. That's not too shabby.

P.S. next time...please please please type proposal to your title unless the deal actually happened.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:07 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ

Heard it from a friend.
not likely he is supposed to be the future team captain apparently and in every proposal I mention him the Caps get extremely upset. On a side note my friends friend played against him in the minors and hes sort of an instigator type he picked a fight with Sutherby and got one-punched unconcious said it was the hardest he has ever been hit.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:13 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
You should put Proposal or Rumour in the Thread Title. As for this friend you heard this from, how reliable is he/she? We've been hearing tons of rumours involving Comrie since the summer so a rumour from a "friend" won't be taken too seriously by lots of people here.
I tried to fix the title so people don't get too excited

1) It was never meant to be serious because it was just a rumour. Rumours are 99% BS anyways.

2) The friend is a very reliable guy. The rumour may not. He just knows Sutherby's Uncle, that's all. Sutherby meantion that his name has been mentioned in regards to Comrie.

So there...

Old
10-20-2003, 06:16 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
I fixed the title so people don't get too excited

1) It was never meant to be serious because it was just a rumour. Rumours are 99% BS anyways.

2) The friend is a very reliable guy. The rumour may not. He just knows Sutherby's Uncle, that's all. Sutherby meantion that his name has been mentioned in regards to Comrie.

So there...
That will save lots of bad responses, good job on changing the title! I wouldn't mind Sutherby as an Oiler, let's hope your source knows something that we don't.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:26 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
I fixed the title so people don't get too excited

So there...
ooohhhhh Caps definetly need to drop salary first though. I was thinking about Bondra actually I thought hes a pretty decent skater with sniper skills Bondra-Smyth-Hemsky(oooh ) and should not cost much considering age(almost positive they want him to retire there though) we have enough depth and good looking prospects to take a forward for hire though and let them develop.

to Wsh:
Comrie
Smith

To Edm:
Bondra
Sutherby
Doig- OR -3rd pick- OR -1mill off Bondra

extremely unlikely caps lose far to much leadership and we weaken our d, MacT would have to have a ton of confidence in Bergeron and Luomo to make the deal. *purely fantasy*

Old
10-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Seachd

The Oilers already have Stoll, so I'm not sure why Sutherby would still be drawing so much interest.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:45 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
The Oilers already have Stoll, so I'm not sure why Sutherby would still be drawing so much interest.
I'd say Sutherby is definetly the better of the two Lowe wants Sutherby real bad I was told by a cap fan that he tried to trade Ninimaa nearly straight up for him. If we got him Horc or Reasoner would have to hit the trade block though, in my fantasy trade I think we would have to get rid of Tommy to to save money(why am I mixing a fantasy trade with real economics? I dunno) maybe drop him for Skoula? then Horc/Reasoner for Nurminen or Noronen. just an idea

Old
10-20-2003, 10:31 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Hey, I'm all for character and grit...but when your entire team consists of these players, you have a problem.

Thats also another concern I have regarding the Oiler's future...they've been piling up on big hulking forwards and grit&character types that they are neglecting the skill players (like Parise). In about five years you're gonna the entire Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense playing big and crashing and banging for the Oilers but no one will have the skills to put the puck into the net.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:27 AM
nineteen79

A Comrie rumour from spector's has the Thrashers interested and it has picked up steam.The site suggests a deal involving Coburn but goes on to explain that the Oil want a scoring centre back in return.

To EDM:
Stefan
Coburn

To Atl:
Comrie and a pick

Old
10-21-2003, 03:59 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen79
A Comrie rumour from spector's has the Thrashers interested and it has picked up steam.The site suggests a deal involving Coburn but goes on to explain that the Oil want a scoring centre back in return.

To EDM:
Stefan
Coburn

To Atl:
Comrie and a pick

That trade seems to be rather slanted in favour of the Oilers. Perhaps I could see something like Stefan, Majesky for Comrie.

Closed Thread