HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ziggy Palffy Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2006, 10:05 PM
KingsCourt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Not if he retired...

Ziggy was one of the main reasons I became a Kings fan. I wish more success came with him, but a great carreer and a shame he retired without truly getting a shot at the Cup.

I agree, some players are just destinied never to get a shot.

Ziggy - good luck!!!

Old
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
10 ft. pole

The guy retired in the middle of a season in which he was still putting up a point a game. I do think that while his shoulder was (is) bothering him. Something else had to of happened. For christ sakes he was not even at the press conference announcing his retirement. We all know that Ziggy is a ****** off the ice but, read between the lines. He probly pissed of his royal highness Sid the Kid. I have a feeling Ziggy will go back to eastern Europe and live like a King (pardon the bad pun) and probly play ina slovac league as early as next year. I enjoyed Ziggy's play and miss seeing him light the lamp in LA however, I think that the whole personal reasons is just more than a bum shoulder. I think that the guy hates Americans.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
The guy retired in the middle of a season in which he was still putting up a point a game. I do think that while his shoulder was (is) bothering him. Something else had to of happened. For christ sakes he was not even at the press conference announcing his retirement. We all know that Ziggy is a ****** off the ice but, read between the lines. He probly pissed of his royal highness Sid the Kid. I have a feeling Ziggy will go back to eastern Europe and live like a King (pardon the bad pun) and probly play ina slovac league as early as next year. I enjoyed Ziggy's play and miss seeing him light the lamp in LA however, I think that the whole personal reasons is just more than a bum shoulder. I think that the guy hates Americans.
While I agree that there might be more to it than an injury I think that saying he hates Americans is a little extreme as well. If anything I think Ziggy realizes he made a monstrous mistake by signing with Pittsburgh. He thought that the Penguins were his last chance at a cup. But in the end he realized that he had less of a chance of winning a championship in Pittsburgh than he did in LA. So rather than spending his few remaining years on a rebuilding team he decided to call it quits.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:33 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
While I agree that there might be more to it than an injury I think that saying he hates Americans is a little extreme as well. If anything I think Ziggy realizes he made a monstrous mistake by signing with Pittsburgh. He thought that the Penguins were his last chance at a cup. But in the end he realized that he had less of a chance of winning a championship in Pittsburgh than he did in LA. So rather than spending his few remaining years on a rebuilding team he decided to call it quits.
Agree with your post. Plus, there's more to the personal reasons than just his shoulder. I think several things factored into his decision. One - the shoulder isn't what it used to be and it has had a big factor on his effectiveness, even if he was a point a game with the Pens. Getting hit again the other night probably brought that home more than anything. It took him a few minutes to get up.

After I heard the news, I went on a a few Slovakian news sites and ran a few articles past a Czech/American co-worker (Czech & Slovak are eerily similar). Evidently, Ziggy's girlfriend was a TV anchor in Slovakia, gave up her job and followed him to the States. The articles indicated that they got married while over here. I believe the injuries the main component of his decision to retire, but that other factors came into play. Perhaps he realized that it was time to start the rest of his life. As I said before, I hope he enjoys the rest of his life to the fullest. It was great fun watching him in LA. One of my all time favorite hockey players.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Zora was a tv anchor, and a bodybuilder? Or did he dump her after she beat him?

Old
01-18-2006, 10:38 PM
devilinto

Am i the only one that does not give a ****. he screwed the Kings cause he thought the Pens were gonna score 10 goals a game. Good thing he is not here. he would be injured forsure!!

Old
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Zora was a tv anchor, and a bodybuilder? Or did he dump her after she beat him?
From what my friend at work said, Ziggy dumped Zora's ***. He indicated that the lady's name that Ziggy brought over/married is Andrea and that she was a sports broadcaster on Slovak TV before she resigned to come to the US with Ziggy.

Old
01-19-2006, 03:01 AM
no name

/sign

Old
01-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Haik

Ziggy Palffy was the reason I became a Kings fan.

Old
01-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Fat Elvis

This is kind of sappy, actually it's very sappy. He was a good player. I liked players before him and I like players after he left. Players come and go. Now he has become a person and as a person he was a jackarse. Enjoy Europe jackarse!

Old
01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Quattro

one of my favorite things about Ziggy was how much he improved as a player while with the Kings. He came here already a superstar offensive player and through pure effort and determination made himself into one of the best two-way forwards in the game. He single-handedly carried the Kings for long stretches. I was bummed to see him leave the Kings and am more bummed to see him retire. Best of luck #33!

Old
01-19-2006, 06:13 PM
LuckyLUC20

Always enjoyed watching him on the ice. Good luck, Ziggy!

Closed Thread