HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

Assuming the Pens wouldn't mind taking his salary on, would you guys be willing to trade Gagné for their 1st round pick 2004. Obviously the reasoning behind this is a shot to land Ovechkin in the draft.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
VaFlyer

At this point in the season I say no. Now that isn't to say I wouldn't change my mind later on. Gagne has shown star potential, but hasn't done it lately due to a number of injuries. If somehow he starts showing the game again, then I don't think Pitt's #1 is enough. It may be the first overall or it may be middle of the pack. As soon as you get to middle of the pack, it is a crapshoot to find an NHL player and it may take 2-3 years for him to show up on the NHL level. I think there would have to be a player included from Pitt to take Gagne's spot on the roster even if it was a solid 3rd liner. Another factor is where Pitt is in the standings come trade deadline of time to make the deal. If they are dead last and playing that way I would be more likely to make the deal, although I still think you need to throw in a 3rd liner to make the deal work or another couple of pics.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:57 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Assuming the Pens wouldn't mind taking his salary on, would you guys be willing to trade Gagné for their 1st round pick 2004. Obviously the reasoning behind this is a shot to land Ovechkin in the draft.
Not today I wouldn't make that deal. Ask the question again come March.

Remember even if the Pens finish last no guarantee they get the top spot.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Not today I wouldn't make that deal. Ask the question again come March.

Remember even if the Pens finish last no guarantee they get the top spot.
true, but i think the best shot at getting the first pick is Pittsburgh's. I know it's a risquee move, but if this Ovechkin kid is as good as everyone says he is, then it might be worth it. The thing about waiting till march is that if Pittsburgh saw themselves as front runners at that point on the calendar, they'd liklely want to nab Ovechkin themselves. Also a good point was for Pitts to add a third liner, i figured the first wasn't enough. I don't know either if i'd do it, but it makes the mind boggle a little bit.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:35 PM
Brad*

If you keep trading away all of your young players who haven't reached their full potential for even younger players who are even further away from reaching their potential then you'll never have a team. I don't know why everyone is in such a rush to trade Gagne anyway, short attention spans anyone?

Closed Thread