HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have you seen the AVS last night?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 07:39 AM
GilleZ

vCash: 500
Have you seen the AVS last night?

There was a game last night, AVS VS Bruins, and i was expecting a show from all the firepower of Colorado, but I was very desapointed. Their D after Blake, Morris and Foot, its very bad. They dont have a 3rd or 4th line that can play hockey and they dont have a good goalie.

So when you look at that, they need extra D, they need 3rd and 4th line player that can shoot down the opposition and score time to time, and they need a goalie.

So I think thats what the Habs have to offer.

So I'd like to know if you think that Gainey and Lacroix have a chance to do some business together. We have a great history of loosing our best player to them, maybe we can have the chance to take something good from them.

Go Habs Go!!!!

Old
10-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Corey

I felt all along that the Avs were overrated, although they have impressive PP units. They couldn't handle the Bruins' size and they have little depth at any position. Finally, they don't have great goaltending. I would pick the Senators over them in a 7-game series (that is, if the Avs reach the finals, which IMO is unlikely).

Old
10-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

The only thing I'd be interested in from Colorado is Morris. Rivet is not a good enough 1st pairing guy IMO on a contender but could make a good job as a #4/2nd pairing guy, while we have Komisarek that will likely fill this role next year. But it would take a awful lot more than Rivet to land Morris, even though he would need to be part of the deal as he's our best (most complete) RD and they would need to fill the hole left with Morris' departure. But all this fantasy stops here as we would also need to add Theodore to the package and I would never do that.

As I've said before, the only deal between Avs and Habs that could make sense would be Aebischer/Morris for Theodore/Rivet but I wouldn't do that and Avs fans don't like the sound of that either.

The thought of having Morris in our future lineup makes me salivate though.

Markov - Morris
Souray - Komisarek
Hainsey - Brisebois

Damn fine D...

I think we should be aiming at a right-handed Dman of Morris' caliber but not him, as we cannot afford to trade Theodore just yet. Maybe in 2 years, but not yet.

So Zednik/Bulis and Rivet for...?

Old
10-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Darz

I think the Av's are going to use the early part of the season to evaluate their goaltending and defensive situations, which after that if they feel they need to add some players, I'm sure they will. I assume they will package draft picks, and young prospects not playing on the team to acquire what they need. No doubt they are a team going for it this year.

I could see Colorado being interest in Brisebois or maybe Rivet off the habs.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
D:
Blake
Morris
Foote
Skrastins
Skoula
Liles
McAllister

LW:
Paul Kariya
Alex Tanguay
Bates Battaglia
Peter Worrell (I)
Brad Larsen (M)

C:
Peter Forsberg
Joe Sakic
Andrei Nikolishin
Riku Hahl
Cody McCormick

RW:
Milan Hejduk
Teemu Selanne
Dan Hinote
Marek Svatos (I)
Jim Cummins

I don't feel any need for pity. If anything at all, they'd need a 4th line centre... Aebischer has a 2.02 GAA and ,930 SV%... he's been a bit weaker in the last two games, but overall he's been OK.

Closed Thread