HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

110% Koivu bashing tonight

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
110% Koivu bashing tonight

For some reason, 110% decides a Koivu bashing debate tonight. They decide to bring 4 guys who hate Koivu, including Michel Bergeron and Pierre Rinfret to bash Koivu. Some quotes:

"Koivu is a bad Captain"
"Habs should have a co-captain"
"Koivu is selfish"
"Koivu thinks he's the king"
"Koivu has poor stats"
"Saku is one of the reason why Julien is fired"
"Saku never talks in the locker room"
"Saku will leave Montreal at the end of the year"

Also:
"Kovalev plays for Mtl because no one wants him"

Old
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

We've heard these things from these guys one too many times... Nothing new to see here. What I say is if you don't watch that dumb show, you won't get exposed to their verbal diahrreah.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
For some reason, 110% decides a Koivu bashing debate tonight. They decide to bring 4 guys who hate Koivu, including Michel Bergeron and Pierre Rinfret to bash Koivu. Some quotes:

"Koivu is a bad Captain"
"Koivu is selfish"
"Koivu has poor stats"

Also:
If Koivu has poor stats I'd hate to hear what they say about the rest of the team...

LOL who cares what those clowns think...They only have jobs because they happen to appeal to a large number of retards.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:21 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab

"Koivu is a bad Captain"
"Koivu is selfish"
"Koivu has poor stats"

Also:
Our Captain phas the heart of a lion and plays hard virtually every night. These morons need to get a real job!

Koivu is a Gainey type player, gutsy, smart and solid in all three zones, watch for Bo to sign him to a 2-3 year contract before the summer!

Carbo will love him!

Old
01-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder
We've heard these things from these guys one too many times... Nothing new to see here. What I say is if you don't watch that dumb show, you won't get exposed to their verbal diahrreah.

The show is ok when Francois Gagnon is on it...but they didn't bring him tonight, don't know why

Anyways, they didn't bring any solution...if we let Koivu go, who will be our #1 center and our captian? Not many choices...

Old
01-18-2006, 10:22 PM
MissCanuck

He missed how many games and still leads the team in scoring... horrible!

Old
01-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Mathletic

whatever, they're just a bunch of clowns ... can somebody remind them that Kovalev and Koivu led the NHL in scoring during last playoffs ?

While our Québécois like Théodore did absolutely nothing. I'm all for having a Martin St. Louis kind of guy as our captain but it just so happens that he's not in Montreal. I think Rinfret and others need a reality check as to where Quebec hockey program is. Finland is about the same size as Quebec and they produce a hell of a lot more players than we do, and they're puting way more heart than our Québecois do. For sure Riebeiro and Thédore don't represent 100% of Quebec players but those are the Québécois leaders on this team. They are the problem, they don't produce, they stay in their corner when things go wrong and they're definately invisible during the playoffs. While guys like Koivu, Kovalev, Rivet stepped their game up when it was time.

When Kovalev went down the whole team went down because he is the leader. Quebec journalists are so mad that Théodore is not considered the leader of this team and it really is beyond me why they want this guy to get all the attention when the team wins and none when they lose.

Kovalev said that his statement on Julien was misinterpreted by Quebec journalists, hey it's not the first time that our clown journalists do that kind of thing, they're pathetic. They have no sense of integrity whatsoever.

I watched 110% tonight and it was disgusting. I just can't believe my ears.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:37 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles

Saku has forgiven them.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Mathletic

anyways, let's remember that Bergeron said that Holik would do the exact same job Heatley did back with Atlanta ... Dagenais is the 2nd best forward on this team ... what else ?

Old
01-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Quiet Robert

I didn't want to start a thread about it but seeing as this is started... but those assclown ********** really pissed me off

Seriously, how ****ing lame can they get? Bergeron (I think, could have been anyone) said Koivu and Kovalev have to produce more??? WDF? Kovalev is at 1PPG and Koivu is just under.

Also, the hypocrisy on this show is a complete joke. They bash Europeans, complain that we have too many "euros", (30% is enough, we have close to 50% so that's too much) make wild claims like "euros don't have enough heart" etc... But then heaven forbid Don Cherry should say something negative about French Canadians. Then they hold up the PC card, it's sick. I'm not condoning Don Cherry bash French Canadians, but the way these clowns on 110% carry on is a joke. They are complete hypocrites.

Now I'm not in the locker room so I can't say whether or not Koivu's leadership is effective, but he busts his *** every shift and he's always working hard on the ice and he's been captain for what 7 years now? He's battled through adversity and said many times he wants to win to win in Montreal. I'm pretty sure if his name was Serge Michaud they would have no problem with him.

Then they're that ****ing tool saying Théo would make a good captain. Arg...I'm done ranting, these guys are a joke. I like watching 110% from time to time to see them argue and talk about the games but tonight was sick.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
davenash

It's easy, guys: Stop watching 110%. That's the choice I made 6 months ago and I am glad I did. I hate them so much that I didn't even take the time to read this thread.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
I didn't want to start a thread about it but seeing as this is started... but those assclown ********** really pissed me off

Seriously, how ****ing lame can they get? Bergeron (I think, could have been anyone) said Koivu and Kovalev have to produce more??? WDF? Kovalev is at 1PPG and Koivu is just under.

Also, the hypocrisy on this show is a complete joke. They bash Europeans, complain that we have too many "euros", (30% is enough, we have close to 50% so that's too much) make wild claims like "euros don't have enough heart" etc... But then heaven forbid Don Cherry should say something negative about French Canadians. Then they hold up the PC card, it's sick. I'm not condoning Don Cherry bash French Canadians, but the way these clowns on 110% carry on is a joke. They are complete hypocrites.

Now I'm not in the locker room so I can't say whether or not Koivu's leadership is effective, but he busts his *** every shift and he's always working hard on the ice and he's been captain for what 7 years now? He's battled through adversity and said many times he wants to win to win in Montreal. I'm pretty sure if his name was Serge Michaud they would have no problem with him.

Then they're that ****ing tool saying Théo would make a good captain. Arg...I'm done ranting, these guys are a joke. I like watching 110% from time to time to see them argue and talk about the games but tonight was sick.
amen

yeah Théodore would be a good captain ... and Koivu is under-performing, so how's Théo's performance ?

Old
01-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash
It's easy, guys: Stop watching 110%. That's the choice I made 6 months ago and I am glad I did. I hate them so much that I didn't even take the time to read this thread.
that's one thing

but hey I won't accept that kind of comments made against euros especially against players like Koivu and Kovalev who're carrying this team

they're pathetic and they have to be called out until they clear the way

Old
01-18-2006, 10:50 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

You know, people wonder why French Canadians have such a negative image to the rest of Canada...

And not to mention Habs fans...

Old
01-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
You know, people wonder why French Canadians have such a negative image to the rest of Canada...

yeah Codderre was on the show a couple weeks ago and they were praising him because he stood up for french Canadians

Old
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Then they're that ****ing tool saying Théo would make a good captain.
What do you guys think about that? I really don't get the feeling Theo talks much or is that popular in the dressing room. Do you guys get that feeling as well, or is it just me?

Also, maybe it's just me again, but doesn't Koivu speak to other players alot? We pften see him talking to players about their previous shift and telling them how they can improve (I've definately seen it with Kovy, Ryder, and Zednik). He seems to be on good terms with everyone and to me seems like an incredibly unselfish player. If he scores because of a nice play by someone else, he usually points straight at them and acknowledges their work (unlike some players who just throw their arms up in the air and wait for people to come congratulate them). Also getting that puck for Streit right after his first goal, and congratulating him, to me seems like he's doing his job as a captain. I don't see where people get the idea of him being real quiet in the room.

Old
01-18-2006, 10:58 PM
tinyzombies

Well, I think they make some valid points.

As much as I love Koivu and his hustle, he's an undersized first line center who has little help (and needs lots). He's really a second line center on a good team. If he keeps getting hurt, his value will keep going down.

And no European captain has ever won anything. But Finns play a more North American style, so that doesn't really fit Saku. Of course, as a leader, we've heard he's quiet, but he does lead by example when he's healthy. I don't personally know any of the guys, so it's hard to say who should be captain if you would replace Saku.

Higgins shows a captain mentality, but he's not nearly ready.

And Kovalev DOES only play when he wants. He's had one good year his entire career with all that skill. I love watching him play, but come on. He is a good playoff performer though.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
MissCanuck

There was also his reaction to Higgins' SHG...

I hate idiots. Glad I've never seen this crap show.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:02 PM
davenash

Quote:

It would be stupid to judge 4 million french quebecers because of what Rinfret or Pagé said. Give me a break.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

Because they're ignorant anti-French bigots?

Old
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:

Jeeze, I wouldn't want to meet the Angry Robert

But yeah, 110% went over the top a bit tonite. Even Perron is more level headed then the guys tonight.
I mean Carbo, who is such a good captain, has already spent a year with Saku as captain and Gainey is there now so let's see what happens next before bashing our captain in the middle of a winning streak where he got a 1sr star.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
whatever, they're just a bunch of clowns ... can somebody remind them that Kovalev and Koivu led the NHL in scoring during last playoffs ?

While our Québécois like Théodore did absolutely nothing. I'm all for having a Martin St. Louis kind of guy as our captain but it just so happens that he's not in Montreal. I think Rinfret and others need a reality check as to where Quebec hockey program is. Finland is about the same size as Quebec and they produce a hell of a lot more players than we do, and they're puting way more heart than our Québecois do. For sure Riebeiro and Thédore don't represent 100% of Quebec players but those are the Québécois leaders on this team. They are the problem, they don't produce, they stay in their corner when things go wrong and they're definately invisible during the playoffs. While guys like Koivu, Kovalev, Rivet stepped their game up when it was time.

When Kovalev went down the whole team went down because he is the leader. Quebec journalists are so mad that Théodore is not considered the leader of this team and it really is beyond me why they want this guy to get all the attention when the team wins and none when they lose.

Kovalev said that his statement on Julien was misinterpreted by Quebec journalists, hey it's not the first time that our clown journalists do that kind of thing, they're pathetic. They have no sense of integrity whatsoever.

That's so true !!! Kovalev ripped them(journalist) apart today in Calgary !! Anyone have the exact quotes ?

He said french media mis-quotes stuff and turn it like they want he also said he saw it in their FACE ( hello mr Villeneuve ) .

Old
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash
It would be stupid to judge 4 million french quebecers because of what Rinfret or Pagé said. Give me a break.
Like it or not, these guys are what represent you to other people.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Well, I think they make some valid points.

As much as I love Koivu and his hustle, he's an undersized first line center who has little help (and needs lots). He's really a second line center on a good team. If he keeps getting hurt, his value will keep going down.

And no European captain has ever won anything. But Finns play a more North American style, so that doesn't really fit Saku. Of course, as a leader, we've heard he's quiet, but he does lead by example when he's healthy. I don't personally know any of the guys, so it's hard to say who should be captain if you would replace Saku.

Higgins shows a captain mentality, but he's not nearly ready.

And Kovalev DOES only play when he wants. He's had one good year his entire career with all that skill. I love watching him play, but come on. He is a good playoff performer though.
The thing with 110% is that they always add wild exaggerations. There is a difference between stating a fact (no european captain has ever won the cup) and then having prejudiced stereotypes. (We have too many euros on our team- No team should have more than 30% euros.)

If you substitute "Euro" for French-Canadian, I'm pretty sure people would have a problem with it. For whatever reason, it's still fine to claim that all Russian are prima-donnas, or that all Europeans are poor team players. That kind of stuff just doesn't make sense.

I think with Higgins, Chipchura, Lapierre, Plekanec etc...we should have a good core of young players who work hard and have leadership qualities.

As for the Koivu being a second line center, I can't think of 30 better centers than him, so by default he's a no.1 guy. Is he a no.2 on an elite team? Sure he is, but until we pick up a guy like Thornton, Sakic, Lecavalier, Forsberg etc...Koivu is our no.1 guy. With this kind of logic, there are only about 10 first line centers in the league. I'd love to pick up a big "franchise" center but that would cost us quite a bit.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Like it or not, these guys are what represent you to other people.
Well, I have to agree to a point and I think most people do also (french or english). They are sensationalist. I wish they would stick to hockey because a lot of the time I sense that there is a political undercurrent there that isn't necessary and frankly is quite annoying.

Closed Thread