Is Jurcina allowed in P-Town?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 12:37 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Is Jurcina allowed in P-Town?

Does Jurcina fall under that nine games and out thing that Bergeron is subject to? Maybe Milan isn't being sent down because the rules prohibit him for playing in Providence? I know he's a year older than Bergeron, but does it matter? I just don't understand the mystery to why he is not playing hockey.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
HockeyGoddess

Milan Jurcina can very easily be sent to Providence. He's 20 years old, and is thus eligible to play in the AHL.

Bergeron, because of his age, couldn't be sent to Providence (for longer than a 2-week conditioning stint) if the Bruins decided to do something like that, but would very likely just be returned to his junior club.

I'm not sure why Milan hasn't played, but I suspect that he will pretty soon, either in Boston OR Providence.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-20-2003, 12:54 PM
Jeff from Maine

A Horrid Case Of Mismangement

I think that overall, Sullivan is doing a decent job.

BUT, I thknk that in the case of Jurcina, Sullivan is doing this kid a HUGE disservice!

IMHO, Jurcina NEEDS to be playing, and playing consistently.

Hell, if he got only limited minutes, but playd 4 of 5 nights, then that would be okay!

But the fact that he hasnt dressed for a contest at this point on time is absolutely wretched mismangement of a good young player.

Hell, if their 7th d-man was targeted for this little ice, then they could have kept Brennan or Kutlak up with the big club....somebody who is decent, but not a piece of the long term puzzle!

I think that he has to be moved to Providence soon. I dont see MOran being removed from theline up anytime soon. And Milan NEEDS minutes!

Shame on O`C and Sullivan for allowing such a good prospect to ROT on the bench!

Later

Old
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
I think that overall, Sullivan is doing a decent job.
BUT, I thknk that in the case of Jurcina, Sullivan is doing this kid a HUGE disservice!
IMHO, Jurcina NEEDS to be playing, and playing consistently....
Hell, if their 7th d-man was targeted for this little ice, then they could have kept Brennan or Kutlak up with the big club....somebody who is decent, but not a piece of the long term puzzle!...
I like Kutlak. In fact, I think he's ready to play with the big club now.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Eat It

I agree Jurinca should be playing, though I'm not sold on him being up in the NHL just yet. Who should be up here in his place as a 7th d-man? My first vote would be for Brennen, who seems to have enough experience to not be a total liability on the ice and he'd make the most sense if we're looking for a guy to sit around and watch like we've been using Jurinca.

The only reason I can think of for having Jurinca up with the big club but not playing is that Berard is closer than we know and MOC wants Jurinca to get a taste of how the NHL works without comprimising the defence Sully has put together. Either way, I think something will happen in the next week.

Closed Thread