HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Grabovsky named to All Stars

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
  #1
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Grabovsky named to All Stars

After a slow start to the season, Grabovsky has picked it up of late, getting 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games during the 2nd half of the RSL season. In the first half he had only 2 goals and 13 pts in 31 games but was still one of the teams top scorers as Dynamo really struggled to score goals. There's been rumors of major money problems, with more rumors of the players not being paid, which if true could explain why last seasons RSL champs had trouble scoring more then 1 goal a game during the month of december.

Mikhail Grabovsky was named to the RSL All Star game, and he will play for the Western confrence.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...10b979ee587964



I was hoping to see Sidyakin make it, since he's having a career year, and his next goal would put him 4th in the league in goals.


Last edited by montreal: 01-19-2006 at 01:22 AM.
montreal is offline  
Old
01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
  #2
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
After a slow start to the season, Grabovsky has picked it up of late, getting 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games during the 2nd half of the RSL season. In the first half he had only 2 goals and 13 pts in 31 games but was still one of the teams top scorers as Dynamo really struggled to score goals. There's been rumors of major money problems, with more rumors of the players not being paid, which if true could explain why last seasons RSL champs had trouble scoring more then 1 goal a game during the month of december.

Mikhail Grabovsky was named to the RSL All Star game, and he will play for the Western confrence.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...10b979ee587964



I was hoping to see Sidyakin make it, since he's having a career year, and his next goal would put him 4th in the league in goals.
This may come off as inappropriate, and I'm sorry if it does, but perhaps Dynamo's financial problems will play to our benefit if we try to bring Grabovsky over this Summer.

If they're cash-strapped, I'm sure they'd be more willing to listen to transfer offer from Gainey.

Dan K is offline  
Old
01-19-2006, 09:42 AM
  #3
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Great news, btw whos sydikin?

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
01-19-2006, 11:30 AM
  #4
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
This may come off as inappropriate, and I'm sorry if it does, but perhaps Dynamo's financial problems will play to our benefit if we try to bring Grabovsky over this Summer.

If they're cash-strapped, I'm sure they'd be more willing to listen to transfer offer from Gainey.


Well it's just a rumor from what I understand, so I don't how much meritt there is to this. I was under the impression that Dynamo was a big money organization due to their super rich owner but perhaps the problem is that he's currently in jail under questionable circumstances. So perhaps he will get things worked out or already has. Either way I got to think they will try and bring him over, with his speed they could really use him next year. Plus I would expect Gainey to make a fair offer to get him over here. I don't think he will come too cheap but in the old way it would be more about where he was drafted which would really help keep the cost down. We paid 350K for Kostitsyn a smart move to get him over here early imo. But with the new no IIHF deal going on, I would expect him to cost more since he's one of the top players of the team, an All Star and AK Bars was interested in getting him this year but failed, and they are considered either the richest or one of the richest teams in the RSL and their owner(s) are not currently in jail. So hopefully they don't put us into a bidding war but we'll see this summer.



And Sidyakin is a draft pick from '97 (8th round, 202nd) who's having a career year in the RSL. Andrei Kruchinin a '98 pick (7th round, 198th) is also having a career year for Lada and at times he's been paired up with Emelin.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
  #5
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hey like i said before, he has buddies over here, guys like Andrei Kostitsyn and we are a very Russian team, perhaps the fact that Emelin will most likely come down too only helps.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
  #6
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
Hey like i said before, he has buddies over here, guys like Andrei Kostitsyn and we are a very Russian team, perhaps the fact that Emelin will most likely come down too only helps.
How long till we start seeing the threads comparing our team to the Red Wings of old?...

Russian: Kovalev, Markov, Perezhogin (Kazakhstan really), Emelin
Belarus: A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Grabovsky

Dan K is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.