HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Old
11-21-2016, 10:10 AM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Joker View Post
Msu basketball is garbage. Lose 2 games (yes to good teams but still). Win vs high school team and almost lose to high school team

(And apparently they should have but mistakes were made by the people In charge). So 1-3? Lol
Keep telling yourself that

GoAwayDanCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Bruce Joker
Professor X

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAwayDanCleary View Post
You say that like I hate msu basketball which I dont

Bruce Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Konnan511
Play Pals

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAwayDanCleary View Post
I'm a State fan. They should have 3 loses.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 10:16 PM
BigMac1212
My brain is fragile

Call me Captain Obvious (because I do this a lot on deviantART :blush), but the Pistons moving to Little Caesars Arena.

Thoughts?

BigMac1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Konnan511
Play Pals

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Good! A Detroit sport's team should be in Detroit.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 02:42 PM
ap3x

Huge win. GJ, Prater.

ap3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 02:47 PM
WesNichols14

This years lions squad might not be the most talented, but my god are they clutch! You gotta believe its in the opponents heads at this point. If they in fact make the playoffs this year I actually think they might be able to do something. They seem to thrive in the big moments this year.

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 03:05 PM
TheMule93

Hella fun lions game. Cant believe we're 7-4 leading the division.

TheMule93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 03:45 PM
ap3x

ap3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Shoalzie
Found Footage

We wait for these guys to get their crap together so now that they're winning...I don't really care how, I'm just going to enjoy it. This has been a fun ride so far.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 07:12 PM
TheMule93

I started watching hockey and football around the same time, ~2010

so i missed the lions being completely terrible for 20 yrs, and got to see some rare playoff appearances

and I missed the red wings being great for 20 yrs, and I got to watch them do absolutely nothing other than trend downwards almost every year

I kinda wish the situations were reversed, because I care about hockey more than I do football, but at least one of them gives me some reason to have optimism, and its not the wings.

TheMule93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 08:45 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

So who is anticipating them choking once again in the playoffs?

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2016, 07:34 AM
Shoalzie
Found Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post

Is it a choke job if they lose to a team that's obviously better than them? I wouldn't say there's any shame if they get knocked out by Dallas or Seattle. I'd throw the Giants in there as a team I don't see them beating.

I'd love to see a home playoff game which they could get if they hang onto the division. They've not hosted a playoff game since moving to Ford Field.

The next two weeks are vital for banking wins. At New Orleans is a tricky game...they'll put up points but they don't play any defense. Then they host Chicago. We could be looking at 9-4 and a multiple game lead in the division.

Considering they close with games at the Giants, at the Cowboys and at home against Green Bay...if they can't win these next two...they'll be lucky to finish 8-8.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Bruce Joker
Professor X

Let's remember the lions should be 10-1 or 9-2. But they lost to garbage or mediocore teams

They always have a hot streak like this. It just depends where. Or maybe it could be for real like the 09 colts

Old
11-26-2016, 11:38 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Let's remember the lions should be 10-1 or 9-2. But they lost to garbage or mediocore teams

They always have a hot streak like this. It just depends where. Or maybe it could be for real like the 09 colts
The Lions and Browns are the only teams to have trailed in the 4th quarter this season in every game. One is about to join the Lions as going without a win for an entire year.

I think the Lions record being what it is has to do with Stafford and is pretty lucky. I know the Tennessee loss never should have happened, but still I feel we are fortunate to have the record that we do. Hard to ask for more.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Bruce Joker
Professor X

So the refs probably cost Michigan a big ten title. Let's see if it costs them a national title

Old
11-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Reality Check

Quote:
How can you choke when everyone understand you're not that great to begin with? Nor is the NFC(aside from Seattle and Dallas)

I'm still not sold on Detroit reaching the playoffs. However, they do deserve credit for finding ways to win and some of the moves the new GM(who name escapes me) have paid off.

Hell, they're not even the worst Lions team to make the playoffs in my lifetime:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/wal...off-teams-ever

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2016, 02:39 AM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

Quote:
So the refs probably cost Michigan a big ten title. Let's see if it costs them a national title
So you're assuming a rematch with The Badgers on neutral turf is a layup win for UM? Huh.

I won't deny UM got ripped off by the refs, but they shoulda taken care of business in regulation. That loss pretty much takes them out of a title hunt and spoils a win-and-in B1g title game.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2016, 08:08 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Have yet to meet anyone that doesn't rock Maize and Blue that agrees with this.

Though I guess you have one Badger fan here going along with you.

Will not deny that I hate U of M so I wouldn't be the greatest. Whole office today though made fun of what a crybaby Harbaugh was and that he was in fact wrong.

For the record you needed a kid that was on track to win the Groza until that game to miss two automatic chip shots. Not sure how U of M fans are ignoring this in their highway robbery by the refs theory while blowing the game themselves. Both teams made several mistakes. tOSU should have just been running the read option from the second quarter on, not sure what took them so long to get to that, U of M wasn't going to stop it.

I will say for U of M fans if Colorado beats Washington, I think they should be the #4 seed and play Alabama. Don't care what happens in the B1G title game, neither of those teams should pass U of M, Oklahoma shouldn't get enough of a bump beating Oklahoma State. So if Washington goes down, U of M should be the #4 seed in my opinion.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-28-2016 at 08:14 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I really don't care about college football at all, but I thought the guy was short of the first down in OT. Once they placed the ball where they did there wasn't a chance in hell of them changing that, though.

11-28-2016, 09:54 PM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post

Will not deny that I hate U of M so I wouldn't be the greatest. Whole office today though made fun of what a crybaby Harbaugh was and that he was in fact wrong.

For the record you needed a kid that was on track to win the Groza until that game to miss two automatic chip shots. Not sure how U of M fans are ignoring this in their highway robbery by the refs theory while blowing the game themselves. Both teams made several mistakes. tOSU should have just been running the read option from the second quarter on, not sure what took them so long to get to that, U of M wasn't going to stop it.

I will say for U of M fans if Colorado beats Washington, I think they should be the #4 seed and play Alabama. Don't care what happens in the B1G title game, neither of those teams should pass U of M, Oklahoma shouldn't get enough of a bump beating Oklahoma State. So if Washington goes down, U of M should be the #4 seed in my opinion.
No way, man. Michigan has beaten 1 ranked opponent and lost to an unranked team. Both State Penn and Bucky have top ten conquests under their belts. If the Badgers prevail in the B1g final, that would be the 4th top 10 team they beat this season. No way should UM leapfrog either team.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2016, 11:27 PM
Bruce Joker
Professor X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post

Then you haven't even been reading the internet. And it doesn't sound like you have seen it. Since you haven't said that the refs did or didn't give them the game. Almost everybody agrees.

Sure osu missed 2 easy field goals. They also got a bunch of calls that kept Michigan from scoring. Osu had 2 flags for like 6 yards

Old
11-28-2016, 11:29 PM
Bruce Joker
Professor X

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
No way, man. Michigan has beaten 1 ranked opponent and lost to an unranked team. Both State Penn and Bucky have top ten conquests under their belts. If the Badgers prevail in the B1g final, that would be the 4th top 10 team they beat this season. No way should UM leapfrog either team.
Michigan beat Colorado. Penn state. And guess who. Wisconsin. They have a better resume. All because they beat wisc really.

Old
11-29-2016, 09:14 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Then you haven't even been reading the internet. And it doesn't sound like you have seen it. Since you haven't said that the refs did or didn't give them the game. Almost everybody agrees.

Sure osu missed 2 easy field goals. They also got a bunch of calls that kept Michigan from scoring. Osu had 2 flags for like 6 yards
Almost everybody who isn't a UM fan acknowledges they lost because OU beat them fair and square.

The Wolverines had the game in their hands and they let OSU back in.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2016, 09:41 AM
DeYarmond Edison
drinkingpinkrabbits

vCash: 400
Quote:
Almost everybody who isn't a UM fan acknowledges they lost because OU beat them fair and square.

The Wolverines had the game in their hands and they let OSU back in.
The internet seems to agree that the officiating was embarrassingly bad.

Yeah, Michigan let them back in the game but OSU had plenty of help.

It was a tough loss to swallow. But let's not act like any other fan base wouldn't be complaining about officiating.

DeYarmond Edison is offline   Reply With Quote