HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Artturi Lehkonen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2016, 01:26 PM
  #1
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 31,612
vCash: 500
Artturi Lehkonen

Continue from,

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1458223

montreal is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 10:29 AM
  #2
That Habs Fan
I miss PK
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,496
vCash: 500
He has switched jersey numbers, will now be wearing 62 which is what he wore in Frolunda. A good sign he's here long term

Love what I'm seeing from him, am I the only one who thinks it's no surprise that our best developed prospect was never once touched by Lefebvre?

That Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 10:39 AM
  #3
Pompeius Magnus
Registered User
 
Pompeius Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kanata ,ON
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
Ironically, his preferred number actually looks more like a jabroni rookie number than the one he had . Props to him on winning himself a spot, he really earned it.

Pompeius Magnus is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 11:47 AM
  #4
Le Tricolore
Moderator
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 34,479
vCash: 265
Now what am I supposed to do with my Andrei Kostitsyn jersey?

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 11:57 AM
  #5
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 18,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Now what am I supposed to do with my Andrei Kostitsyn jersey?
Keep it in your closet?

ThaDevilGirl is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 11:58 AM
  #6
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Now what am I supposed to do with my Andrei Kostitsyn jersey?
Ask Radulov to sign it?

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:09 PM
  #7
JusticeBeaver
wuba luba dub dub!
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
He's wrister is crazy. I remember reading about his shot, but it really is a site to see.

JusticeBeaver is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:23 PM
  #8
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
Ironically, his preferred number actually looks more like a jabroni rookie number than the one he had . Props to him on winning himself a spot, he really earned it.
lol was just thinking this

62? bleh lol

Redux91 is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:39 PM
  #9
Brainiac
Registered Offender
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Habs Fan View Post
Love what I'm seeing from him, am I the only one who thinks it's no surprise that our best developed prospect was never once touched by Lefebvre?
I was thinking about that, too.

Most of our young guys who went through the AHL under Lefebvre all struggled afterwards, with the exception of Gallagher, who stayed there barely half a season.

Brainiac is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:42 PM
  #10
tooji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Point predictions? I'm thinking he could hit 20 goals, ~40 pts and that would be extremely successful for a rookie in his first year.

tooji is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:50 PM
  #11
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I was thinking about that, too.

Most of our young guys who went through the AHL under Lefebvre all struggled afterwards, with the exception of Gallagher, who stayed there barely half a season.
That's another reason Sergachev should never play in the AHL.

Jeffrey is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:53 PM
  #12
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,671
vCash: 500

SB164 is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:56 PM
  #13
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 21,654
vCash: 50
62 is an ugly number.

__________________
Hello, this is a signature
Jee is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 12:59 PM
  #14
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 18,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
62 is an ugly number.
You're an ugly number.


But yes, I agree.

ThaDevilGirl is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 01:02 PM
  #15
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan
 
Habaholicgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,634
vCash: 500
Glad he is living up to expectations so far! He is a hard worker with above average skill and wil fit in fine with MT and his system (weather you like it or not)! Love that 2nd line and i like how lehkonen pushed Shaw to the 3rd line. Shaw and Carr will mix well with DD. Not a big line but they will be fine!

Habaholicgolfer is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 01:12 PM
  #16
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 21,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
You're an ugly number.


But yes, I agree.
Says the ugly number herself.

Jee is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 03:33 PM
  #17
CHarlie
They feed me CHicken
 
CHarlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
I love his goal celebration.........hope to see lots of that this year.....

CHarlie is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 03:40 PM
  #18
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,155
vCash: 500
I'd like to see more crow munching from the many posters here who said that AL was too small to ever make the NHL.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 03:51 PM
  #19
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'd like to see more crow munching from the many posters here who said that AL was too small to ever make the NHL.
He grew an inch playing in Sweden instead of having his growth as a person and hockey player stunted under Lefebvre. Then, to top it off, he started playing another two inches bigger because he heard that man-mountain Shea Weber would join him by the end of training camp.

BaseballCoach is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 03:54 PM
  #20
Ozymandias
#firebergevin
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'd like to see more crow munching from the many posters here who said that AL was too small to ever make the NHL.
Yeah.. I remember a lot of people doubted Lehk, even after he beat Alfie's record in the SHL playoffs.

The kid had as many points in SM-Liiga at 18 yold as Puuls and Laine.. the only reason scouts weren't as high on him was because of his size.

I actually think that with his lack of size, he had to use his skills more than both of them did.

I see potential first line material with him.

Ozymandias is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 03:58 PM
  #21
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
He grew an inch playing in Sweden instead of having his growth as a person and hockey player stunted under Lefebvre. Then, to top it off, he started playing another two inches bigger because he heard that man-mountain Shea Weber would join him by the end of training camp.
I visited Sweden in March. Typical lunch is fish and vegetables.

Maybe he did grow an inch due to the better diet there lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah.. I remember a lot of people doubted Lehk, even after he beat Alfie's record in the SHL playoffs.

The kid had as many points in SM-Liiga at 18 yold as Puuls and Laine.. the only reason scouts weren't as high on him was because of his size.

I actually think that with his lack of size, he had to use his skills more than both of them did.

I see potential first line material with him.
I just thought the worry was irrational. He's a player nearly none of us had seen play. He was picked at around 50th overall, very late.

And people, lots of people, assumed he would bust because he was 5'11, 175 lbs at the draft.

That's a non-argument.


Last edited by montreal: 10-09-2016 at 08:07 PM.
DAChampion is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 04:02 PM
  #22
CHarlie
They feed me CHicken
 
CHarlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I visited Sweden in March. Typical lunch is fish and vegetables.

Maybe he did grow an inch due to the better diet there lol.
We need to figure out what they are feeding these dutch kids,,,,,,,,,cause,,,,, wholly hell,,,,, even the girls in the neighborhood are 6'.....

CHarlie is online now  
Old
10-09-2016, 04:04 PM
  #23
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHarlie View Post
I love his goal celebration.........hope to see lots of that this year.....
I hope it becomes infectious, and our team starts doing group belt cellies after every Lehkonen goal (of which I hope there will be many).


Last edited by montreal: 10-09-2016 at 08:08 PM.
NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 04:08 PM
  #24
CH25
Registered User
 
CH25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,782
vCash: 500
What is his current size? I can't seem to find any updated figures.

CH25 is offline  
Old
10-09-2016, 04:44 PM
  #25
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi
 
DangerDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: T.O
Country: Japan
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooji View Post
Point predictions? I'm thinking he could hit 20 goals, ~40 pts and that would be extremely successful for a rookie in his first year.
Depends on his line mates and PP. If he were to play with chuck and Rad, I think he could break the 50s. Guy is a competitor.

DangerDave is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.