HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Artturi Lehkonen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2016, 02:08 PM
  #76
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 19,179
vCash: 500
5'11" isn't a significant size disadvantage.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 02:34 PM
  #77
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuka View Post
Lehkonen's dad is an ice hockey coach and a few years ago he wrote an article about how he was helping Artturi Lehkonen develop into an NHL player since he was ~2 years old. It was a pretty interesting read.

BTW Lehkonen weighs much more than 174 now.
Maybe this list will help out with the weight debate

jaffy27 is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 02:40 PM
  #78
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,393
vCash: 500
We have big boys on defense haha nice to see. Only one Under 6'1''

katatoniak is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 02:46 PM
  #79
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
We have big boys on defense haha nice to see. Only one Under 6'1''
Only one under 6'2" :-)

DAChampion is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
  #80
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
We have big boys on defense haha nice to see. Only one Under 6'1''
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Only one under 6'2" :-)
It's nice to see that. A while ago, L'Antichambre had a board up showing the new D-corp and their size, and it was encouraging. I really enjoy seeing that. Now here's hoping the on-ice performances will reflect the size.

Adam Michaels is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 03:45 PM
  #81
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi
 
DangerDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: T.O
Country: Japan
Posts: 3,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
It's nice to see that. A while ago, L'Antichambre had a board up showing the new D-corp and their size, and it was encouraging. I really enjoy seeing that. Now here's hoping the on-ice performances will reflect the size.
It's gonna be nice finally having size and strength on this team. Was listening to a bit of leafs lunch and they were talking about how Marner struggled tremendously against a very strong and physical habs team. It was a bit weird hearing that after having a midget team for the last 10 years.

We may still be a bit smallish up front but we aren't soft at all. Guys like Arthur, Shaw, Carr, Gallagher and Radulov play a pretty physical game. Chucky isn't necessarily soft and Patches throws hits. Our defense is plain scary. Smaller teams are gonna have a hard time against our speedy and intense forwards and big physical defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
5'11" isn't a significant size disadvantage.
Not at all. Clutterbuck and Shaw are great examples of that. More about strength than height.


Last edited by montreal: 10-13-2016 at 05:24 AM.
DangerDave is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 03:50 PM
  #82
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
It's gonna be nice finally having size and strength on this team. Was listening to a bit of leafs lunch and they were talking about how Marner struggled tremendously against a very strong and physical habs team. It was a bit weird hearing that after having a midget team for the last 10 years.

We may still be a bit smallish up front but we aren't soft at all. Guys like Arthur, Shaw, Carr, Gallagher and Radulov play a pretty physical game. Chucky isn't necessarily soft and Patches throws hits. Our defense is plain scary. Smaller teams are gonna have a hard time against our speedy and intense forwards and big physical defense.
Against the east those small forwards are ok but on western road trips we suffer because of it.

1stLineCenter is offline  
Old
10-12-2016, 06:17 PM
  #83
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,756
vCash: 500
Hard to believe he's 6'0 and 182lbs.

It seems really light for someone of that height, I say that as someone who is 6'0 and 185lbs. I'd assume his legs would make mine look like that of a chicken.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-13-2016, 09:04 AM
  #84
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan
 
Habaholicgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Hard to believe he's 6'0 and 182lbs.

It seems really light for someone of that height, I say that as someone who is 6'0 and 185lbs. I'd assume his legs would make mine look like that of a chicken.
Same size as Carr and Flynn. He's not small but not big. His game is built on speed, smarts, and is a shooter!

Habaholicgolfer is offline  
Old
10-13-2016, 09:18 AM
  #85
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi
 
DangerDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: T.O
Country: Japan
Posts: 3,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Against the east those small forwards are ok but on western road trips we suffer because of it.
We are on average 1 inch shorter than the tallest team... Only players under 6 foot on the top 2 lines are Pleky and Gallagher who are 5'11''. It's a non issue.

DangerDave is offline  
Old
10-13-2016, 10:14 AM
  #86
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 31,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habrye View Post
Same size as Carr and Flynn. He's not small but not big. His game is built on speed, smarts, and is a shooter!
Carr is skinny but he's a little heavier then Lehkonen. His game isn't really built on speed, it's more on effort and skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
We are on average 1 inch shorter than the tallest team... Only players under 6 foot on the top 2 lines are Pleky and Gallagher who are 5'11''. It's a non issue.
height is nothing imo, the problem is weight. We have 5 forwards over 190 and 2 of them are Pleks/Danault. Come playoff time it could be an issue.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-13-2016, 05:16 PM
  #87
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Carr is skinny but he's a little heavier then Lehkonen. His game isn't really built on speed, it's more on effort and skill.



height is nothing imo, the problem is weight. We have 5 forwards over 190 and 2 of them are Pleks/Danault. Come playoff time it could be an issue.
This is true. Weight is a bigger issue. Weight is much more correlated to strength than height.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-13-2016, 05:33 PM
  #88
habsterr
Registered User
 
habsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Hard to believe he's 6'0 and 182lbs.

It seems really light for someone of that height, I say that as someone who is 6'0 and 185lbs. I'd assume his legs would make mine look like that of a chicken.
I think his height and weight are accurate. Plus, Lehkonen game is built on speed and smarts, very excited too see him play.

habsterr is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 03:58 AM
  #89
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Pretty good first game! number of scoring chances

5 Shots on goal to lead the team, Shaw had 4, no one else had 3

The real eye popping stat? 3:42 minutes of shorthanded play, 2nd among forwards behind Plekanecs 5mins

Redux91 is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 07:16 AM
  #90
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Pretty good first game! number of scoring chances

5 Shots on goal to lead the team, Shaw had 4, no one else had 3

The real eye popping stat? 3:42 minutes of shorthanded play, 2nd among forwards behind Plekanecs 5mins
He looked really good on the PK too, could end up as a very solid two-way winger for us.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 07:18 AM
  #91
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,445
vCash: 50
I thought he looked very dangerous. Has a nose for the net and getting in the right position. Radulov is a pass first guy, so hopefully Lehkonen can start to bury his chances (which I think he will).

Tuggy is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 07:58 AM
  #92
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 19,179
vCash: 500
He was one of our best forwards last night. Should have scored but generated more good chances than anybody. Was active, already showed some chemistry with Radulov, was willing to go into the crease, and already looked good on the PK.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 08:06 AM
  #93
Smokey Thompson
Registered User
 
Smokey Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He was one of our best forwards last night. Should have scored but generated more good chances than anybody. Was active, already showed some chemistry with Radulov, was willing to go into the crease, and already looked good on the PK.
Agreed. He's just a solid player all around the board; in the offensive zone, around the net, along the boards, in the NZ, in the defensive zone, great shot, good hockey sense... Great pick by Timmins in 2013 and good on the Habs for giving him time to develop in Europe.

Expecting big things from him as a Hab.

Smokey Thompson is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 08:30 AM
  #94
Tim Raines
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
His hockey sense is terrific. He almost always does exactly the right thing. Whether he succeeds or not is another thing, but without hesitation he has such a keen sense for what he should be doing with and without the puck.

Easily a top-6er.

Tim Raines is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 09:04 AM
  #95
Hannibal
Fear the Weber
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,748
vCash: 500
So excited to have him with us this season!!

Silfverberg 2.0

Hannibal is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 09:31 AM
  #96
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Raines View Post
His hockey sense is terrific. He almost always does exactly the right thing. Whether he succeeds or not is another thing, but without hesitation he has such a keen sense for what he should be doing with and without the puck.

Easily a top-6er.
Yep. That's what makes him an NHL player. He's not the most dynamic player out there, but his mind puts him the extra step ahead of the game that he needs to be. Add to that fact that he has a laser beam of a shot, and I could see at least 20 of his shots getting past an NHL goaltender this year. It took 2 very good saves on Lehner's part to keep him off the score sheet last night.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
10-14-2016, 09:39 AM
  #97
Pompeius Magnus
Registered User
 
Pompeius Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kanata ,ON
Posts: 5,610
vCash: 500
I have to admit he's surpassing what expectations I had before the year. I got to see quite a bit of him in Frolunda and I knew he was good but I never expected his adaptation to the smaller ice would be so smooth. He's looking noticeably quicker that he was on the big surfaces too, which shows he's having no problem processing the game.

Pompeius Magnus is offline  
Old
10-15-2016, 12:24 AM
  #98
Kojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
It's going to be nice to have a Gallagher and a Lekhonen on this team.

Kojo is offline  
Old
10-15-2016, 09:30 AM
  #99
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,123
vCash: 883
Lekhonen gets so many scoring chances, his positioning is really good. He's creativity is also able to keep up with Radulov. He's like a young Plekanec in terms of forechecking, great stick checking ability.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
10-15-2016, 11:46 AM
  #100
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,756
vCash: 500
He's gonna score tonight against Ottawa.

JGRB is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.