HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What are the Chances of Philly Adding a Blue Liner?

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2006, 10:03 PM
FoppaArGud

vCash: 500
What are the Chances of Philly Adding a Blue Liner?

I would like to see someone come in who can handle the power play, Johnsson, Pitkanen and Kapanen can all handle the point pretty well but a guy like Sheldon Souray would be nice. I think a player his caliber could be the ticket but another thing is that with Keith Primeau maybe done for the season, the Flyers might suddenly be in a position to spend $3M+ before the playoffs. What slightly overpriced, soon to be UFA players are out there? I know Kubina, Jovocop, Redden (oh, I would kill to get him), Leetch and Chelios are all expiring this year but I dont see any of those guys coming into the fold.

Old
01-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

You can have Brent Sopel for a 2nd rounder. However, Sopel still has one more year on his contract, at a little more than 2 million per year.

Old
01-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Clash*

Sean Hill for Pitkanen? Jeff Cart? Mike Richards? How about Hill for a pick in the year 3010 (not a typo)? Whatever it takes to get rid of him.

Old
01-19-2006, 10:08 PM
mercury

I'd say the chances of Philly adding a blueliner are strong, to. . . quite strong.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Sean Hill for Pitkanen? Jeff Cart? Mike Richards? How about Hill for a pick in the year 3010 (not a typo)? Whatever it takes to get rid of him.
How about two seconds and Branko Radivojevic for Jay Bouwmeester? I personally like that one better.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

What are the chances of Bobby Clarke adding depth on defense at the deadline for a playoff push? Roughly 75%, and that's probably conservative.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
What are the chances of Bobby Clarke adding depth on defense at the deadline for a playoff push? Roughly 75%, and that's probably conservative.

Maybe Spacek to Flyers for Rob Bellamy and 4th??

Old
01-20-2006, 12:34 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I heard a rumor that clarke was interested in a wild goalie, and I wouldnt be surprised to see a d get shipped that way too, considering nearly everyone on the minny blue line has playoff experience

Old
01-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf
How about two seconds and Branko Radivojevic for Jay Bouwmeester? I personally like that one better.
I think the Panthers should do that just so we can settle the Pitkanen and J Bo argument, we can really see whos better once theyre on the same team.

Old
01-20-2006, 05:40 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
I think the Panthers should do that just so we can settle the Pitkanen and J Bo argument, we can really see whos better once theyre on the same team.
Pitkanen >>>>> JBlow

Old
01-20-2006, 06:40 AM
jb**

100%. They have no choice. Meyer and Jones are not NHL Dman on a regular basis, for a few games ok. Seidenberg has fallen out of favor but they needed an improvment over him anyway. They will get 1 dman maybe 2 bottom pairing dman along with another scorer IMO. some fringe players will need to be waived but so what.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:43 AM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I heard a rumor that clarke was interested in a wild goalie, and I wouldnt be surprised to see a d get shipped that way too, considering nearly everyone on the minny blue line has playoff experience
Quit reading his blog.

I think he'll go for more depth - Desjardins will also be coming back shortly. They really could use a forward who has a bit of creativity - you know, can paint and pick draperies and the like. Beyond Forsberg, this is a club that still dumps and chases and really grinds out its goals.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:58 AM
FoppaArGud

I've been saying this for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Quit reading his blog.

I think he'll go for more depth - Desjardins will also be coming back shortly. They really could use a forward who has a bit of creativity - you know, can paint and pick draperies and the like. Beyond Forsberg, this is a club that still dumps and chases and really grinds out its goals.
Knuble was productive at the start of the year but right before Foppa hurt his groin the other night, Hitch was mixing up the RW on that top line (Savage, Kapanen). Kapanen has the speed but not the skills with the puck. I have been saying Philly needs a forward with some style for years, a guy like Marian Gaborik I think would do great playing with Forsberg and even before with JR and Primeau.

I dont know about a deal with the Wild but in the other thread I said I was hopeful about Fernandez. Every year there are at least three times where I hear analysts say "The Flyers finally have a clear number one" and then comes an injury or inconsistent play, so I wouldnt mind getting a guy his caliber to settle things.

Old
01-20-2006, 07:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The Flyers will probably add someone on defense, but I don't think it will be for his offense...

Old
01-20-2006, 07:38 AM
FoppaArGud

I dont know, defense first is fine but need a puckhandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
The Flyers will probably add someone on defense, but I don't think it will be for his offense...
Even before the Flyers called up half of the Phantoms, I cringed at how much Hatcher was getting used on the power play. Even Rathje is smarter and good enough but not really a guy who can produce on the PP. Johnsson has gotten better as the season's gone on and Pitkanen showed some great stuff but why not get another guy who can play both ways and pair with Kapanen on the power play?

Old
01-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Tinordi24*

The Flyers will be adding Witt...ITS A LOCK! Reasons why:

1) Witt has had a great season but still has not backed of his trade demands so he will get dealt (as per Caps announcers altho Coach Hanlon has said he has been trying to convince him to stay and is still working on him)

2) Clarke has tried to get him from the Caps the last 2 or 3 trade deadlines

3) He is a Clarke type physical defenseman with a very nasty edge when coached right (ie since Hanlon took over the Caps)

4) He will come for a draft pick (not a 1st rounder) or two which the flyers have plenty of in the upcoming draft

Old
01-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Mythology

I would say a lot closer to 100%. A couple of reasons why: 1) Hitch has never been a big supporter of giving rookies playing time especially for the playoffs. 2). The rookies they have been playing have shown that they have potential for the future, especially Meyer, but have also shown to be not quite ready for full time duty. 3) Injuries. 4). The Flyers are in “win now mentality” big time. 3.) Teams that are out, and on the brink of falling out of the playoff race seem to have UFA “depth” defenseman that are potential trade targets.

Old
01-20-2006, 09:17 AM
FoppaArGud

Witt is a guy I considered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
The Flyers will be adding Witt...ITS A LOCK! Reasons why:

1) Witt has had a great season but still has not backed of his trade demands so he will get dealt (as per Caps announcers altho Coach Hanlon has said he has been trying to convince him to stay and is still working on him)

2) Clarke has tried to get him from the Caps the last 2 or 3 trade deadlines

3) He is a Clarke type physical defenseman with a very nasty edge when coached right (ie since Hanlon took over the Caps)

4) He will come for a draft pick (not a 1st rounder) or two which the flyers have plenty of in the upcoming draft
Yeah, Clarke has long fancied Witt and the Caps are in a constant veteran-dump mode.

BTW I think Philly has 3 or 4 second rounders (only one first). He'd be a good pickup, I bet with his salary we could afford a forward, too, obviously assuming Primeau will not return this season.

Old
01-20-2006, 09:18 AM
FoppaArGud

Mythology, what UFAs are you thinking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology
I would say a lot closer to 100%. A couple of reasons why: 1) Hitch has never been a big supporter of giving rookies playing time especially for the playoffs. 2). The rookies they have been playing have shown that they have potential for the future, especially Meyer, but have also shown to be not quite ready for full time duty. 3) Injuries. 4). The Flyers are in “win now mentality” big time. 3.) Teams that are out, and on the brink of falling out of the playoff race seem to have UFA “depth” defenseman that are potential trade targets.
I posted a short list above but I doubt it will be any of those guys.

Old
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Maybe Spacek to Flyers for Rob Bellamy and 4th??
Well, we certainly seem to have a thing for prospects coming up through your system... that said, I've never heard of Bellamy.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Mythology

FoppaArgud,

Just off the top of my head here is a quick list of guys I think are ufa d-men on teams that look like they won't make the playoffs. The list is in no particular order.

Witt
Salei
Carney
Gauthier
Zyuzin
Cullimore
Spacek
Simpson
Hulse
Richardson
Weinrich

Old
01-20-2006, 06:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology
FoppaArgud,

Just off the top of my head here is a quick list of guys I think are ufa d-men on teams that look like they won't make the playoffs. The list is in no particular order.

Witt
Salei
Carney
Gauthier
Zyuzin
Cullimore
Spacek
Simpson
Hulse
Richardson
Weinrich

I'll take Weinrich back...I'll take Zyuzin too if he is available. Salei and Carney top this list though, followed by Cullimore.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Derek Morris (when he comes off IR) for Jeff Carter. yeah I know, but he should have been ours anyway.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaArGud
I have been saying Philly needs a forward with some style for years, a guy like Marian Gaborik I think would do great playing with Forsberg and even before with JR and Primeau.
You really think Minny would trade their "franchise" player away?

Old
01-20-2006, 07:04 PM
leavedomileave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

berg? lol jus kidding i thik they will add for defense also they have tons of firepower upfront not to mention when they get desjardins back i think they may try and get weinrich back for a late pick hes a decent 6 d man

Closed Thread