HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hossa

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
Hossa's a good player and wants to succeed,
I have no doubt that he wants to succeed. However, you cannot call him a good player. To this point, he has been a bust.

" he played in the 2001 young stars game and did well there too. After he had a good pre season game he was all smiles..."

He can smile all he wants. I would rather he scowled and improved his game, so that he can be a regular player in the NHL.

"just think once he gets it all together he should develope into a solid 2nd line player, somewhere along the lines of Richard Zednik."

Unfortunately, that tag has been rightfully applied to Hossa. "IF" he can put it all together. He has not shown any proclivity that he is capable of doing so. Until he does so, he cannot be compared to any regular NHL player. I could say that if Fedor Federov puts it all together, that he would be a solid NHL player also. However, he is as much of dissapointement as Hossa is. If Daigle could put it all together, he would have been a superstar. Many players simply are incapable of putting all together and never make it. Hopefully Hossa is not one of those. But so far, he has given every indication that he is.

"i Zednik is just like Hossa... plays awesome for stretches and disapears for a LONG time."

Zednik is nothing like Hossa. His "awesome" stretches last for more than 3 games.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
You would certainly hope so. Otherwise, it is no longer a "one vet too many" argument, but rather a "two or three vets too many argument".
I really hope that come that time, that people like Rucchin and Neimo get traded off for whatever assets can be acquired. I could only dream that some GM our there views the +/- stat as favorably as some posters here do and Rozsival can get moved as well. But that is just too much to hope for.

Well, I think we are starting to see younger players carrying this team right now. Lundqvist gives this team a chance to win any night he's in net, Prucha has recently been the most consistent scorer we have, Tyutin has emerged as our best D-man bar none and this team's PK went downhill steadily once Betts was lost. OTOH, Rucchin has been a disaster on faceoffs and Rucinsky has been awful lately, while even Jagr is up-and-down. Some of it comes down to Renney - does he have faith that the younger players will continue to lift the play of this team? If so, then moving the likes of Rucchin, Nylander, Rucinsky, Niemenen and Poti, should not only be considered but heavily persued.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
If so, then moving the likes of Rucchin, Nylander, Rucinsky, Niemenen and Poti, should not only be considered but heavily persued.
I could not agree more.

Closed Thread