Providence Bruins General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2017, 09:52 AM
duffy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
Bruins with a 4-1 win over Springfield this afternoon. Oddly only 1/8 on the PP. Acciari with a hatty and Subban with another W stopping 28/29. He just may be finally getting back on track.
Subban was awesome in jr and looked to be progressing well to the pro game in Providence before he took the shot in the throat! When you spend time in hospital like Subban and DeBrusk did with serious injuries, it takes a while to get the hesitation out of your game. Both players seem to be back on track which is a good thing for the P's and the B's.

Old
02-13-2017, 10:33 AM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Just curious to anyone who went yesterday, how was the crowd? It said 9,000 but that's hard to believe with the weather, but it did sound like there were people there on the radio.

Old
02-14-2017, 02:49 PM
ODAAT

I understand often the AHL team tries to play relatively the same system as their parent club so when a prospect or player is called up they aren`t looking too much like a deer in the headlights.

With the coaching change in Boston, has Dean adjusted his system too? I ask not having a clue as to how he had his troops playing down there as far as systems go.

Thanks

Old
02-14-2017, 05:11 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I understand often the AHL team tries to play relatively the same system as their parent club so when a prospect or player is called up they aren`t looking too much like a deer in the headlights.

With the coaching change in Boston, has Dean adjusted his system too? I ask not having a clue as to how he had his troops playing down there as far as systems go.

Thanks
I believe they will make necessary adjustments, should be easy as the two coaches worked together for a number of years.

Old
02-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Bad Puck Bounce
Long live the Chief

Old
02-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Saxon Eric

Good for him and good for us, there's going to be no room at the Inn in a few weeks

Old
02-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Puck Bounce View Post
The nomad is reunited with Dougie. Should out calgary over the top for a PO spot.
ProHockey's take on his situation. Looks like it will be a 10 day show me try out.

"The strange career arc of Matt Bartkowski continues. The Providence Journal’s Mark Divver reported this morning that Bartkowski has been released from his minor league contract with the AHL’s Providence Bruins. Bartkowksi had two goals and eight assists in 34 games for the P-Bruins, and had been somewhat underwhelming at both ends of the ice. Just when you think that maybe that’s it for the 28-year-old’s pro hockey career, there’s this follow-up tweet from Divver: Bartkowski will sign with the Calgary Flames. Divver adds that deal is expected to be a two-year, two-way contract. However, the Flames have since announced that (for now) Bartkowski is just on a professional tryout."

Edit: Zach Leach comments. Appears to be an expansion protection move.
"Now, in a wild twist, he’ll be back in the NHL. Bartkowski was reportedly on the ice for Flames practice this morning and ready to begin his PTO. Calgary isn’t exactly desperate for defense with Mark Giordano, T.J. Brodie, Dougie Hamilton, Dennis Wideman, and Deryk Engelland in the fold, but what they don’t have is anyone they’re willing to lose in the upcoming Expansion Draft. If Divver is right, and Bartkowski’s PTO is a front for an eventual two-year contract, that is a very strategic move by GM Brad Treliving. As we recently discussed, the Flames would have to expose one of Giordano, Brodie, and Hamilton if they made no further moves before June 21st to meet the quota of having one defenseman available to the Vegas Golden Knights that has term on his contract and 40 NHL games played this season or 70 NHL games over the past two years. Bartkowski presents a very rare opportunity; he was on a minor league contract and could be acquired without having to give anything up in a trade and he played in 80 games just last year, fulfilling the games played requirement. If the Flames hand Bartkowski a two-year deal as Divver suspects, he immediately qualifies to be exposed even if he doesn’t play a single NHL game this season. This could be a genius maneuver by Treliving and is worth following over the next week or two."

Last edited by Sharp Shooting Neely: 02-15-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: More info
Old
02-15-2017, 12:25 PM
BruinDust

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...bruins-weekend

Nice to see Subban coming around after a miserable start to the season.

And for a guy who started the season in the NHL, Danton Heinen has just 2 goals in his last 28 AHL games, which is a far cry for a guy some thought might be a NHL contributor in Boston this season.

Old
02-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...bruins-weekend

Nice to see Subban coming around after a miserable start to the season.

And for a guy who started the season in the NHL, Danton Heinen has just 2 goals in his last 28 AHL games, which is a far cry for a guy some thought might be a NHL contributor in Boston this season.
This is a little concerning...

Old
02-16-2017, 08:51 AM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
This is a little concerning...
This isn't concerning. It's just people thinking because the did well in college. He'll be fine. Might need a couple of years in AHL.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
This isn't concerning. It's just people thinking because the did well in college. He'll be fine. Might need a couple of years in AHL.
So was NHL time based on training camp performance or NCAA player promised NHL time as enticement to play for bruins. He wasn't anything special during training camp and based on his production in AHL not ready for NHL. Agree needs more time to develop.

Old
02-17-2017, 07:13 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
So was NHL time based on training camp performance or NCAA player promised NHL time as enticement to play for bruins. He wasn't anything special during training camp and based on his production in AHL not ready for NHL. Agree needs more time to develop.
Going to disagree (again).

I thought that Heinen and Cehlarik were actually the two most impressive rookie F's in camp. Cehlarik got hurt, so Heinen got the nod to start the season. No conspiracies or promises here that I know of? If promises had been made, you would have likely seen Heinen burn off a year of his ELC last season (ala Krug). Instead, Heinen actually helped the B's out by playing under a PTO last Spring, with his standard contract not kicking in until this Fall.

Heinen has 26 Pts in 38 games (.70 ppg), and not surprisingly appears to have hit a bit of a rookie wall, which is not unusual. I have no doubt that he will work through it and become the same outstanding player he was at Denver (if he isn't part of some deal).

ps Jake DeBrusk is only averaging .52 ppg in his rookie pro season, and I'm not concerned about him either.

Old
02-17-2017, 07:27 AM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Going to disagree (again).

I thought that Heinen and Cehlarik were actually the two most impressive rookie F's in camp. Cehlarik got hurt, so Heinen got the nod to start the season. No conspiracies or promises here that I know of? If promises had been made, you would have likely seen Heinen burn off a year of his ELC last season (ala Krug). Instead, Heinen actually helped the B's out by playing under a PTO last Spring, with his standard contract not kicking in until this Fall.

Heinen has 26 Pts in 38 games (.70 ppg), and not surprisingly appears to have hit a bit of a rookie wall, which is not unusual. I have no doubt that he will work through it and become the same outstanding player he was at Denver (if he isn't part of some deal).

ps Jake DeBrusk is only averaging .52 ppg in his rookie pro season, and I'm not concerned about him either.
Love it...well it appears we would have to agree that we disagree on a number items. All good. Good discussion. Work now...booo

Old
02-17-2017, 08:42 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Bruins win over Hershey, 4-3.

https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/gam...6643&lang_id=1

Old
02-17-2017, 09:40 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Stats are stats..

Heinen -3.. any reason to be concerned?

Old
02-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Another W for the good guys! Wonder if, or perhaps to what degree, their roster will be altered once the trading period has ended.

Old
02-18-2017, 09:05 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

Likewise. Svechnikov and Connor are not exactly lighting the world on fire either in their first pro seasons. Svech and Connor both averageing .62 ppg. And these were players the Bruins brass were ripped apart for not taking on draft day.

I've seen DeBrusk live a few times and there's nothing that concerns me about his game. The shots are there, he doesn't have the most beautiful stride but I think his skating is underrated. I think he's due for another season in the A based on LW depth for the big guys and it's the best for his long term growth.

Old
02-18-2017, 06:54 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Stats are stats..

Heinen -3.. any reason to be concerned?
I'm going tomorrow and will check him out

Old
02-18-2017, 08:15 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your assessment.

Old
02-18-2017, 08:31 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your assessment.
Another thing to remember with the college guys is that this is probably the most games that he's played in at least a couple of years. That is something to get your body used to and it make take a full season of pro hockey to adapt. Probably tough on your confidence as well.

Old
02-18-2017, 10:26 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Bruins lose 4-0 to Hershey in a horrible performance. I love dumb "hockey fans" who blame the goaltender for the loss when he was far from the worst guy on the ice. Apparently Subban is supposed to score goals too.

Old
02-19-2017, 02:56 AM
CDJ

From what I understand teams have an all time winning percentage of 0.00% when not scoring a goal. Subban is going to get **** on regardless of what he does. I won't- I think he will still establish himself as an NHL goalie. Just maybe not here

Sounds like that was a stinker. I'm gonna have to head down and check them out soon.

Anybody think cave may be the next guy to get a look ?

Old
02-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
You guys are so lucky to see these games. DK can you shed some light on Grant? He has 12 goals and 21 Assists. Does he have NHL potential?

Old
02-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
You guys are so lucky to see these games. DK can you shed some light on Grant? He has 12 goals and 21 Assists. Does he have NHL potential?
I'm headed to my first ever P-Bruins game at the Dunk this afternoon. Will be watching DeBrusk, Heinen, O'Gara, Grzelcyk and Cross most closely, but will keep an eye out for Grant too. Will try to post summary tonight.

Old
02-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
I'm headed to my first ever P-Bruins game at the Dunk this afternoon. Will be watching DeBrusk, Heinen, O'Gara, Grzelcyk and Cross most closely, but will keep an eye out for Grant too. Will try to post summary tonight.
Happy you have the opportunity to take in the game. Look forward to reading your post with what your take aways were. Enjoy!

Closed Thread