HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

DO we need to make a trade... no

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2006, 12:34 PM
  #26
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Precisely. Bochenski is the bigger gamble, but the rewards are far greater.
He could also be a total flop, where Vermette at the very least is always going to be a great PKer with a tonne of speed. But if it comes down to a Vermette or Bochenski to go in a deal for Weight, I could care less which one of them goes or which one stays...just get Weight.

Captain_Cunney is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 12:38 PM
  #27
SENSible1*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
He could also be a total flop, where Vermette at the very least is always going to be a great PKer with a tonne of speed. But if it comes down to a Vermette or Bochenski to go in a deal for Weight, I could care less which one of them goes or which one stays...just get Weight.
Yes Bochenski could be the bigger flop, but since the Sens and the league have an abundance of players who can fill Vermette's 3rd line PKer role, why not go for the bigger payoff?

SENSible1* is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 01:36 PM
  #28
Lonnie Loach
Registered User
 
Lonnie Loach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
I see Bochenski as a one dimensional player -- a poor man's Ray Sheppard. Vermette has the potential to be a really fine 2-way player - he has speed and guts, and is already a good NHL penalty killer. He was absolutely outstanding in the second half of last season in Bingo, and I think with a little more seasoning at the NHL level he'll establish himself as a solid, multi-dimensional contributor.

I'd love it for BingoSens Fan to weigh in on Bochenski vs Vermette. He's seen more of them than Muckler or Murray, I'm sure !

Lonnie Loach is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 06:21 PM
  #29
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,786
vCash: 500
I don't think people remember Vermette in the play-offs last season.

The guy is a offensive version of Chris Phillips. We need those players more than we need a one deminsional scorer that has only shown flashes of being a goal scorer.

Bochenski could very well become a better player than Vermette, but for this years playoffs, I would want the guy that has already proven to elevate his game come playoff time.

PatrickEaves is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
  #30
SENSible1*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves
I don't think people remember Vermette in the play-offs last season.

The guy is a offensive version of Chris Phillips. We need those players more than we need a one deminsional scorer that has only shown flashes of being a goal scorer.

Bochenski could very well become a better player than Vermette, but for this years playoffs, I would want the guy that has already proven to elevate his game come playoff time.
I think you are remembering Vermette's playoff performance with rose coloured glasses.

4gp 0g 1a 1p -1 4pim

Nothing to write home about.

Let's look at their numbers this year.

ANTOINE VERMETTE OTT C 46 9 7 16 +7 24

BRANDON BOCHENSKI OTT R 19 6 7 13 +7 14

Vermette has 3 more goals in 33 more games...Bochenski is producing at a 56 points pace, Vermette at a 29 point pace.


Last edited by SENSible1*: 01-22-2006 at 07:27 PM.
SENSible1* is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:32 PM
  #31
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
I think you are remembering Vermette's playoff performance with rose coloured glasses.

4gp 0g 1a 1p -1 4pim

Nothing to write home about.

Let's look at their numbers this year.

ANTOINE VERMETTE OTT C 46 9 7 16 +7 24

BRANDON BOCHENSKI OTT R 19 6 7 13 +7 14

Vermette has 3 more goals in 33 more games...Bochenski is producing at a 56 points pace, Vermette at a 29 point pace.
Well, it's not really that fair, Bochenski, when he's been up, has consistently played with talented players. Vermette is playing on the 4th line most of the time. Unfortunately, he hasn't really stepped up when given a chance (Although I thought he played fine with Havlat and Schaefer).

I'd be willing to give up either to get Weight and I don't understand why some people wouldn't be with all the uncertainty of this team heading into the offseason. They need to make a big run.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:31 PM
  #32
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
I think you are remembering Vermette's playoff performance with rose coloured glasses.

4gp 0g 1a 1p -1 4pim

Nothing to write home about.

Let's look at their numbers this year.

ANTOINE VERMETTE OTT C 46 9 7 16 +7 24

BRANDON BOCHENSKI OTT R 19 6 7 13 +7 14

Vermette has 3 more goals in 33 more games...Bochenski is producing at a 56 points pace, Vermette at a 29 point pace.
Points aren't everything. I'm sure anyone that watched the games will have the same opinion as me. Vermette, just like Phillips raises his game to a new level during the playoffs. Of course, it's a small sample size, and Vermette could very well be a fluke, but with success that the Senators have had in the playoffs so far, anyone that has shown that abilty really should be kept.

PatrickEaves is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:36 PM
  #33
Pothier
Registered User
 
Pothier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingston, ON
Posts: 4,765
vCash: 500
I would much rather give up a pick instead of a prospect for Weight.

Pothier is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
  #34
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
I would much rather give up a pick instead of a prospect for Weight.
To acquire him, it's likely the team will have to give up one of each.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 11:15 PM
  #35
SENSible1*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves
Points aren't everything. I'm sure anyone that watched the games will have the same opinion as me. Vermette, just like Phillips raises his game to a new level during the playoffs. Of course, it's a small sample size, and Vermette could very well be a fluke, but with success that the Senators have had in the playoffs so far, anyone that has shown that abilty really should be kept.
I watched the games and I don't share your opinion.

Vermette got very little accomplished other than the OT assist on Fisher's goal. Nice play, but calling him a "playoff performer" based on it alone is unrealistic.

SENSible1* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.