HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

So...any news on Comrie yet?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

vCash: 500
So...any news on Comrie yet?

Its been awfully quiet the past week or so. Haven't heard if Lowe and Winter are still talking, or is Lowe talking to other GMs for a trade.
The suspense is killing me, and since the Oilers are playing well, I don't think Lowe has the urgency to get anything done.

Anyone feel the same way?

Old
10-20-2003, 11:32 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
Its been awfully quiet the past week or so. Haven't heard if Lowe and Winter are still talking, or is Lowe talking to other GMs for a trade.
The suspense is killing me, and since the Oilers are playing well, I don't think Lowe has the urgency to get anything done.

Anyone feel the same way?
I'm sorry, but my memory is a little short and fuzzy. Who are you talking about?

:p

Old
10-20-2003, 11:52 AM
jofa

I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:07 PM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.
Amen, I was just about to post the same thing

Old
10-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Just to add on to that - if Lowe is trying to trade Comrie, part of this waiting is likely being foisted upon Lowe because it doesn't seem like teams are all that anxious to make a trade yet. It's still a bit early in the season, give it another 10 games and those teams off to poor starts (Rangers, Capitals, Black Hawks, Ducks, Panthers) might get a wee bit more interested.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:59 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yes, It's looking more and more like the Ducks could perhaps be interested in Comrie - or some kind of greatly needed help.....

Old
10-20-2003, 01:02 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

I hope that the Oilers continue to play well and that we don't hear another peep about The Stunted One until draft-day.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Hemmer

How about Chistov and Vishnevski from the Ducks?

Old
10-20-2003, 03:28 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
How about Chistov and Vishnevski from the Ducks?
hey, I'd be satisfied if we got Chistov alone for Comrie.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:09 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
what is the ruling on a protected RFA, how long can they be protected under the qualifying offer rule with no contract?

Old
10-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
hey, I'd be satisfied if we got Chistov alone for Comrie.
Yeah, I'd do that straight up. If we threw in a pick, we could probably get Vishnevski as well.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
what is the ruling on a protected RFA, how long can they be protected under the qualifying offer rule with no contract?

Seems from Lowe's comments that Comrie can sit until 31 (under the current CBA that is)

Old
10-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Shibumi

Quote:
Seems from Lowe's comments that Comrie can sit until 31 (under the current CBA that is)

I look at it this way...Comrie et al had Kevin Lowe over a barrell and negotiated a rather lucrative conract. I would assume had Comrie et al not had the leverage of going back into the draft, or free agency the contract terms might have been less generous. However, they had the leverage and used it. They basically wrote their own contract. If they lacked the foresight to look two years down the road and see what was looming then T.S. Comrie should get another agent IMHO. He should also sign a deal here in Edmonton. I don't like the fact that it looks like he quit on this team and is coming across as a thin-skinned baby in the process. I think that says a lot about Comrie's character and I am not so sure that a person of such character is needed on this team.

Kevin Lowe is just returning a favour from a couple of years ago. Time to grow up Mikey, take your lumps and be a man about things.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
I wouldn't say "long time", I'd be hoping to see something happen at or b4 the 30 game mark.

Lowe will have had more than enough time to evaluate his own needs, and other gm's around the league will be at the point where they know they should make a move.

Most importantly, the return we get for Comrie should be a valuable player, and it would be nice to have that player around for a big chunk of the season. It's already been proven that forwards don't just come in here and start playing like Oilers right off the bat, the period of adjustment here seems to be well over twenty games.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:

Hmm.. that's alot of sitting... better get some of that preperation H stuff..

Closed Thread