HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll #30

View Poll Results: Ranger Prospect #30
Lee Falardeau (F) 7 15.56%
Chad Wiseman (F) 1 2.22%
Roman Psurny (F) 7 15.56%
Craig Weller (D/F) 2 4.44%
Alexandre Giroux (F) 3 6.67%
Jakub Petruzalek (F) 16 35.56%
Rick Kozak (F) 4 8.89%
Dane Byers (F) 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 02:01 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll #30

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Jarkko Immonen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 8th Round by the Toronto Maple Leafs in 2002.
#4 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#5 -- Hugh Jessiman (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 12th overall in the 2003 Draft.
#6 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the TPS Turku (FNL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#7 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#8 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#9 -- Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#10 - Thomas Pöck (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Undrafted, signed by Rangers in 03. Hobey Baker Finalist in 03.
#11 - Dwight Helminen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in 2002 in the 8th Round by the Edmonton Oilers
#12 - Bruce Graham (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft
#13 - Ryan Callahan (F) - Playing for the Guelph Storm (OHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#14 - Marc-André Cliche (F) - Playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2005 Draft.
#15 - Tommy Pyatt (F) - Playing for the Saginaw Spirit (OHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#15 - Zdenek Bahensky (F) - Playing for the Saskatoon Blades (WHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#17 - Billy Ryan (F) - Playing for Univ. of Maine (NCAA) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#18 - Dave Liffiton (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2003 Draft by the Colorado Avs.
#19 - Darin Olver (F) - Playing for Northern Michigan (NCAA) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#20 - Ryan Russell (F) - Playing for the Kootenay Ice (WHL) - Drafted in the 7th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#21 - Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Univ. of Maine (NCAA) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Calgary Flames.
#22 - Nate Guenin (D) - Playing for Ohio State (NCAA) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2002 Draft
#23 - Bryce Lampman (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2001 Draft.
#24 - Brodie Dupont (F) - Playing for the Calgary Hitmen (WHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2005 Draft
#25 - Jake Taylor (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 6th Round in the 2002 Draft.
#26 - Joey Crabb (F) - Playing for Colorado College (NCAA) - Drafted in the 7th Round in the 2002 Draft.
#27 - Corey Potter (D) - Playing for Michigan State (NCAA) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2003 Draft.
#28 - Jonathan Paiement (D) - Playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 8th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#29 - Chris Holt (G) - Playing for Playing for the Charlotte Checkers (ECHL) - Drafted in the 6th Round in the 2003 Draft.

---------------------------
Added this round: Craig Weller (D/F)
Nominations: Rory Rawlyk (3), Juris Stals (2), Phillip Furrer (2), Kenny Roche (3), Kim Hirschovits (2), Hannu Pikkarainen (1), Dayln Flatt (1)
::::Name who you want Added::::

---------------Last Poll Results:---------------
#29 Ranger Prospect
Alexandre Giroux (F) - 10.42%
Dane Byers (F) - 6.25%
Chad Wiseman (F) - 0.00%
Jakub Petruzalek (F) - 16.67%
Chris Holt (G) - 25.00%
Rick Kozak (F) - 8.33%
Roman Psurny (F) - 18.75%
Lee Falardeau (F) - 14.58%
---------------------------

**1 Poll Left for Honorable Mentions**

Old
01-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Geogaddi

Just a quick question...Jan Marek still considered a PROSPECT?...if so shouldnt he be on here? ...Voted for Roman Psurny

Old
01-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Hfbk2006

Why is Pock so low? He's an All Star in the AHL, big (6'1 210), fairly tough, good shot, good puck moving skills. I see him as being ahead of Hugh "ECHL" Jessiman... and why is Hugh so high?

Korps did well in WJC, but from what I know, he's been very cold in Finland all year. I don't see him as a future star.

If either Jessiman OR Korps can be a second line player, I'll be very happy. One second liner from two first round picks in 2003 and 2004 will make me happy.

Hopefully either Immonen, Helminen or Moore will make it into the top 6.

Prucha is already a top 6 forward.

Let's see... either Dawes or Dubinsky should be a top 6 forward.... that's 4 out of 6. I don't see anybody else that I expect to be on the first two lines in the future.

Sather should draft more of the Savard, Mike York, Dube, Swanson types in mid-rounds. Half of those don't make it at all. But those who make it become impact players. It's much better to draft a high risk, high return small forward who may be a game breaker than to draft someone like Purinton, who is big, but has no skills.

Big players should only be drafted early because those are the ones who have some skill. Out of the top 10-15, you rarely see anyone who becomes a true impact player (yes, Tkachuk was drafted #16, but how often does that happen? And how often do you pull those types of players in rounds 4, 5, etc?)

In the first round, I actually wouldn't mind another Dman.

Tyutin will be a top 4. As will Staal.

Pock, Sauer and Baranka may be 4-6 dmen. Maybe one of them will be a D3, one D5 and one D7.

So that's 3 top 4 dmen (Tyutin, Staal and one among Pock, Baranka and Sauer). We need at least one more, especially since you can never have enough Dmen since the good ones are so few and far between.

Oh, and please, no more goalies in the first round. Not only do they tend to bust (1994: Storr, Fichaud, some Russian kid named Evgeny something, and Cloutier... only Clouts is decent..... yet, the other 3 were seen as franchise saviors at one point or another), but we already have Lundqvist and Montoya, as well as Holt and Gherson (AHL Stats at the age of 22... GAA: 2.37, SV%: .917... record 6-4-2).

Last edited by Hfbk2006: 01-21-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old
01-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbk2006
Why is Pock so low? He's an All Star in the AHL, big (6'1 210), fairly tough, good shot, good puck moving skills. I see him as being ahead of Hugh "ECHL" Jessiman... and why is Hugh so high?
Hugh "ECHL" Jessiman is now in the AHL

Old
01-21-2006, 09:22 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12
Just a quick question...Jan Marek still considered a PROSPECT?...if so shouldnt he be on here? ...Voted for Roman Psurny

Marek is 26 and a little long in the tooth to be considered a prospect.

Old
01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbk2006

Korps did well in WJC, but from what I know, he's been very cold in Finland all year. I don't see him as a future star.

If either Jessiman OR Korps can be a second line player, I'll be very happy. One second liner from two first round picks in 2003 and 2004 will make me happy.

Hopefully either Immonen, Helminen or Moore will make it into the top 6.

Prucha is already a top 6 forward.

Let's see... either Dawes or Dubinsky should be a top 6 forward.... that's 4 out of 6. I don't see anybody else that I expect to be on the first two lines in the future.

Sather should draft more of the Savard, Mike York, Dube, Swanson types in mid-rounds. Half of those don't make it at all. But those who make it become impact players. It's much better to draft a high risk, high return small forward who may be a game breaker than to draft someone like Purinton, who is big, but has no skills.

Big players should only be drafted early because those are the ones who have some skill. Out of the top 10-15, you rarely see anyone who becomes a true impact player (yes, Tkachuk was drafted #16, but how often does that happen? And how often do you pull those types of players in rounds 4, 5, etc?)

In the first round, I actually wouldn't mind another Dman.

Tyutin will be a top 4. As will Staal.

Pock, Sauer and Baranka may be 4-6 dmen. Maybe one of them will be a D3, one D5 and one D7.

So that's 3 top 4 dmen (Tyutin, Staal and one among Pock, Baranka and Sauer). We need at least one more, especially since you can never have enough Dmen since the good ones are so few and far between.

Oh, and please, no more goalies in the first round. Not only do they tend to bust (1994: Storr, Fichaud, some Russian kid named Evgeny something, and Cloutier... only Clouts is decent..... yet, the other 3 were seen as franchise saviors at one point or another), but we already have Lundqvist and Montoya, as well as Holt and Gherson (AHL Stats at the age of 22... GAA: 2.37, SV%: .917... record 6-4-2).
Dont forget to add Dipetro to that list. I like Cam Ward from the Canes, he will be a good goalie. Canes doing very well. He should get mentioned too.. This is why there should be 2 calder awards.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
Hugh "ECHL" Jessiman is now in the AHL
hey, a nickname's a nickname

Closed Thread