HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isbister Disappearster?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
Isbister Disappearster?

What the heck happened to this guy? I missed the last 2 games cause of work. And all I know of him is the first 3 games I watched he was basically non existant. Does anyone know where he went the last 2? I know he has no points, but seriously?

Old
10-20-2003, 10:29 PM
dem

vCash: 500
Ouch.. brutal title

You shoulda went for Invisbister

Old
10-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
hahaha

Old
10-20-2003, 10:37 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life
What the heck happened to this guy? I missed the last 2 games cause of work. And all I know of him is the first 3 games I watched he was basically non existant. Does anyone know where he went the last 2? I know he has no points, but seriously?
He just isn't doing the 'power forward' thing to his best yet. Instead of driving and finishing, he's flicking the puck at the net and not capitalizing. He's not playing BAD, it's just he could be doing alot better.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:44 PM
dem

If Izzy (and Dvorak too i guess..) dont put a few scratches on the scoresheet in the next five games, I'll start getting worried. As it stands right now Iginla doesnt have a point and is a -1.. so its hard to me to get too mad at our bums :p

Old
10-21-2003, 03:23 AM
Mr Sakich

I have seen three games and he played great in all of them. I am not worried. He brings a lot to the team and scoring is not the biggest thing. We have needed a power forward like him for so long that I can ignore a lack of goals if he continues to play like a big guy.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
jadeddog

he hasnt played terribly, but hasnt played great either..... hes defenitly had a few chances to score so thats good.... i agree that we arnt counting on him for 20+ goals, but i think 15 would be a good season for him, as long as he does the other things that "big guys" are supposed to do

i still dont think that playing him on the 4th line really does us good, i think torres should be the 4th line man (not that torres hasnt played well enough for 1st line duty, but that hes young and i think isbister would benefit more than him to be playing with skill guys)

Old
10-21-2003, 06:26 AM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
If Izzy (and Dvorak too i guess..) dont put a few scratches on the scoresheet in the next five games, I'll start getting worried. As it stands right now Iginla doesnt have a point and is a -1.. so its hard to me to get too mad at our bums :p
Don't know how many of you caught todays Edmonton Sun, but Dvo's doing great considering what he's going through in his personal life with his preemie Baby and all. Give the guy a break...

Old
10-21-2003, 06:49 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Izzy has created some prime scoring chances, and he's laid some of the teams best hits this year. He IS playing the powerforward game, he just hasn't capitalized on any of the prime chances his skill and size have created. I still expect him to be in the top six right away, but with how we roll our lines, it is pretty much who ever gets special teams time has the most minutes. To me, Izzy hasn't gotten the PP time he should. IMO he belongs in front of the net on the first unit!

Old
10-21-2003, 06:51 AM
Asiaoil

What is with some people and Izzy? The guy was great in camp and had his face sliced open in the last exibition game. Kind of hard to play a power game with your face full of cat gut.

He looks like he's close to being 100% now and I expect some good games out of him in the next month. We'll need him on the big road trip coming up.

Izzy Smyth Hemmer -

Old
10-21-2003, 08:29 AM
KrazyCanuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffneck69
izzy is a quality player. He's so huge and skates faster than 80% of players around the league. He needs to improve his confidence and position. He needs to be at the right place at the right time. Isbister has the second softest hands of a power forward in the NHL only second to Bertuzzi. If Isbister knew how to harness his talent he'd be a 30g-30ast player. But as of now, he's merely nothing but a second teir power forward (ala Mike Leclerc.) I'm far from giving up on him now. Look at Todd Bertuzzi and Glen Murray. They are the models for Izzy. Brad is only 26 years old and still a couple years from breaking out. He needs patience, so please Edmonton fans...All i ask is that you don't make him your whipping boy.
People are always comparing this guy to Bertuzzi, but i just don't see it in him. Even when Bertuzzi was early in his career, he was good for at least a few jaw-dropping highlight reel goals, Isbister doesn't have those types of skills. He's a big body, but his hands are nowhere close to the level of Bertuzzi's and he hasn't shown any signs of that changing. I think the most he will ever accomplish is 20-23 goals.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:43 AM
barto

Quote:
don't be too jealous cuz in a couple years Bert will be Isbister's biatch. but if you don't want to listen to me it's ok. I'm crazy ok? cuz i know facts and you dont.
Which "facts" are those? No need to get snippy if someone doesn't agree with you.

I'm *hopeful* that Izzy becomes more of a power forward guy, but I'm not entirely sure that's going to happen. If he does become a guy who can score 20-25 goals a season, we'll be laughing.

I also hope that the injury was holding him back a bit so that now he can crank up his game a little more & 'do his thing'. It's a long season, though, so we'll just have to see...

Bart

Old
10-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Impossibles

Quote:
don't be too jealous cuz in a couple years Bert will be Isbister's biatch. but if you don't want to listen to me it's ok. I'm crazy ok? cuz i know facts and you dont.

I like Isbister and the oilers, but that is a just a stupid statement.

bertuzzi's last CHL season - 119 pts in 64 games
Isbisters last CHL season - 33 points in 24 games

Isbister will be a consistent 20 goal player soon, but to say he will make Bertuzzi his ***** is just stupid. Oh, and he also gives up around 20 lbs on Todd.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:16 AM
IceDragoon

Winning sure helps with cutting him some slack. Izzy is working hard and getting chances because of his hard work. I agree that patience is the best word to use in regards to the play of Izzy and D-vo. Both are improving and coming along nicely. imho

edit - He is our only forward without a point after 5 games. I think his teammates are going to do everything they can to help him out.

Closed Thread