HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Colton Orr still have a spot on the roster?

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50

As much as I would love to see him get regular 4th line minutes and be in the line-up, but with Renney not playing him... Orr goes to waste... besides, he ain't getting any game experience.
If the coach plans on NOT playing someone, why have him on the roster?

What are your thoughts on Colton Orr's future?

Old
01-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Blueshirt Yankee

vCash: 500
He needs to play...simple as that!

Old
01-21-2006, 09:08 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Basically Colton is going to have to do something other than drop the gloves to make the lineup.

Old
01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
TBBB is going to the game and he wants Orr in! (seriously)

He does have to get in sometime, I mean the poor guy has sat like 15 games in a row or something.

If not, Holly at least better be in, which is probable since Hossa left hurt tonight.

Old
01-21-2006, 09:59 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
TBBB is going to the game and he wants Orr in! (seriously)

He does have to get in sometime, I mean the poor guy has sat like 15 games in a row or something.

If not, Holly at least better be in, which is probable since Hossa left hurt tonight.
haha i was just about to say that True Blue Bleed Blue was gonna have something to say on this topic

Old
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM
BigE

Did he ever have a spot on this team? He was a waiver pick-up but we really haven't had a use for him yet. I suspect he might become somewhat useful against Philly and NYI in the next few months, but only for limited, and obvious reasons.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Greg in MA

He warmed up tonight for the B's game, although I don't think I saw him log any ice time.

Old
01-22-2006, 05:16 AM
ivrydov

Orr is one of hardest punchers in the NHL. He's already broken the faces of two opponents this year. Right now for the Rangers he's an investment for the future. They'd like to try to turn him into a complete hockey player. To send him down, he'd have to pass waivers. He won't. The Providence paper reports today that the Bruins would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:06 AM
shoothepuck

Would have liked to see him play against his old team, but for now it looks like he may only get some use down the road. The coach said he was not in game shape a while ago and he won't get it this way. He will be used more next season if he makes the team and Tom softens his turn the other cheek mentality and lets aggressive physical players play. Orr will need to learn how to do more than punch to get in the lineup. Play Orr.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:19 AM
BlackRanger

when the rags lock up a playoff spot, he'll get playing time...

Old
01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRanger
when the rags lock up a playoff spot, he'll get playing time...
You mean if. The Rangers are playing great hockey right now.

Old
01-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Taz

He has most likely been told to improve his game so he isnt a risk out there and he will start to get the odd game, he's a long term project for sure. We know he can fight lets see him play a bit

Old
01-23-2006, 12:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I wonder why since he is not playing, why dont the Rangers send him to Hartford on a 2 week conditioning stint to play a few games?? It would make alot of sense.

Old
01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I wonder why since he is not playing, why dont the Rangers send him to Hartford on a 2 week conditioning stint to play a few games?? It would make alot of sense.
I'm not entirely well educated on the sending down/waiving rules, but I think in order to send him down to Hartford, he'd have to be put on waivers. A number of clubs have expressed interest in snatching him up, namely Boston again.

Old
01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA
I'm not entirely well educated on the sending down/waiving rules, but I think in order to send him down to Hartford, he'd have to be put on waivers. A number of clubs have expressed interest in snatching him up, namely Boston again.
I'm not too sure of the rules either, but like they did with Taffe and Federov I thought the Rangers could send Orr down on a conditioning stint without him beig exposed to waivers....If true, he could get some valuable ice time in....OTOH, if he goes down to HFD, every young good and tough on the other team will try to make his bones by fighting Orr...ANd fighting is not the thing that Orr needs to work on, it's skating, hitting and playing...Tough situation for the kid...

Old
01-23-2006, 12:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I'm not too sure of the rules either, but like they did with Taffe and Federov I thought the Rangers could send Orr down on a conditioning stint without him beig exposed to waivers....If true, he could get some valuable ice time in....OTOH, if he goes down to HFD, every young good and tough on the other team will try to make his bones by fighting Orr...ANd fighting is not the thing that Orr needs to work on, it's skating, hitting and playing...Tough situation for the kid...

yea but maybe the coaching staff in Hartford can help.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:01 PM
BlueShirts23

If the Rangers brass insist on letting Orr rot on the bench and never see ice time, at least let him teach the rest of the team, specifically Hollweg and Strudwick, how to fight. Im sick of us getting beat down easily like last nights Hollweg/Jannsen, or the fights consisting of random posturing and loss of balance, (basically every Strudwick fight.) He has to be able to give the rest of the guys useful pointers.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:04 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts23
If the Rangers brass insist on letting Orr rot on the bench and never see ice time, at least let him teach the rest of the team, specifically Hollweg and Strudwick, how to fight. Im sick of us getting beat down easily like last nights Hollweg/Jannsen, or the fights consisting of random posturing and loss of balance, (basically every Strudwick fight.) He has to be able to give the rest of the guys useful pointers.
If Orr was in the lineup last night, Orr vs Jannsen would been a better fight. Orr did play 8 mins vs the Caps in his first game, I wonder why he has not played sense.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Taz

I believe Strudwick hasd been pretty solid in fighting this year, he has defended himself and the team well, he is never gunna pummel someone down but he has good size reach and stamina, and is smart when fighting it does the job.

Hollweg is aweful at fighting, he's tough and can hit he just isnt a fighter... but u gotta give him props for fighting anyone.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
If Orr was in the lineup last night, Orr vs Jannsen would been a better fight. Orr did play 8 mins vs the Caps in his first game, I wonder why he has not played sense.
And if Orr was in the game instead of Hollweg, then the Rangers probably wouldn't have won the game because the HMO line did a heck of a job checking and keeping the puck in deep..

There has been no need for Orr whatsoever....YET, but there maybe over the next few months....So far, Fighting has meant zippo in today's NHL (as evidencec by the Hollweg-Jansens fight) and Hollweg is a much better skater, ppest and hitter then Orr when you need a physical presence...

OTOH, I do agree with the poster that mentioned some fighting lessons for Hollweg..If he's gonna play his game and not back down from anybody, he sure can use some tips....Instead of Orr, sign Langdon for next year..

Old
01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Wow, wasn't this thread made right in the nick of time. I'M BACK! Anyway..I was at the game last night, and as usual I got to see Orrsie warm up. I think last night showed why we need him, and many of the fans were also asking why he didn't play after Holly got just pomelled. Orr is more useful at this point than Rucchin or Nieminen, and if Rucinsky keeps playing this lackidazical, useless style of hockey, there's no sense in keeping him around either...he just takes up Sykora's spot on the 1st line, and on the 1st PP unit. Our 2nd line would be fun with Moore playing alongside Nylander and Prucha. Use those 6 forwards as our top 6.

Old
01-23-2006, 07:02 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Wow, wasn't this thread made right in the nick of time. I'M BACK! Anyway..I was at the game last night, and as usual I got to see Orrsie warm up. I think last night showed why we need him, and many of the fans were also asking why he didn't play after Holly got just pomelled. Orr is more useful at this point than Rucchin or Nieminen, and if Rucinsky keeps playing this lackidazical, useless style of hockey, there's no sense in keeping him around either...he just takes up Sykora's spot on the 1st line, and on the 1st PP unit. Our 2nd line would be fun with Moore playing alongside Nylander and Prucha. Use those 6 forwards as our top 6.
I wouldn't touch the OHM line, everytime they're on the ice they make things happen.

And I actually like what I've seen out of Ville of late, I see no reason to take him out of the lineup.

Orr's protection would be useful, but It's not worth it if that's all he can provide.

Old
01-23-2006, 07:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
I wouldn't touch the OHM line, everytime they're on the ice they make things happen.

And I actually like what I've seen out of Ville of late, I see no reason to take him out of the lineup.

Orr's protection would be useful, but It's not worth it if that's all he can provide.

Exactly. They started the game, were integral getting the puck deep late and managed to create five or six good scoring attempts.

01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
xander

...Plus I really love the name .

Old
01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
roaddogg02316

I truly feel bad for the guy. It can't help his confidence to sit every night. He plays like 20 games for Boston, maybe one or two scratches in that time now he plays like once a month if that. The Bruins would definitely take him back. Well at least Providence fans would love him back. He played a regular shift there.

Closed Thread