Nick Boynton

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 06:31 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
Nick Boynton

I was glad that Nick was on the ice when Joe got knocked down last night. I think a lot of other players on the team would have gone after that guy, but I don't know if they all would have thrown the gloves and started throwing punches. I think Nick is well on his way to being captain material for this team. Thank God we got him signed.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Black7And7Gold

Who can not like Boynts?

Old
10-20-2003, 07:18 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Boynton and Jillson are exactly what this team needs...It doesn't matter that your captain can handle himself vs. just about anyone in this league.....Your captain is untouchable!

Old
10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Pielsman

Count me as one who likes Boynton a LOT, and Jillson is making a fan of me too.

The McLaren deal is looking better every day (due to Jillsons play), although I still like McLaren as a player.

Good drafting and player evaluation by MOC and co. -Piels

Old
10-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Bruzin

Lapointe's "A" is as good as his after Martin's contract expires. Or maybe he'll get O'Donnell's instead. Either way, Boynton should get the "A" very soon.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:23 AM
ron jeremy jacobs

Boynton is rapidly becoming THE leader on this team. Not a knock on Joe, who is the most talented player in the league, but he has a little bit of a happy-go-lucky demeanor. Boynton strikes me as the type who is demanding of himself and his teammates off the ice, as well as on it.

I was very impressed with his effort in the playoffs last year, and in the early going this year he has AGAIN been their best blue liner.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Jeff from Maine

Is It Just Me....

Oris anyone else just a WEE bit irritated that Thornton just layed down on the ie when he could have gotten back up against the Ducks?

he said he layed there because he was pooped or tuckered out! He wasnt hurt badly at all!

The thing that kills me is that Boynton took that penalty BECAUSE Thornton was down on the ice like he had been seriously injured!

Boynton said that had he known it wasnt serious, he probably wouldnt have jumped in like he did!

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I like players who get the hell up and dont let anyone know that they have any aches and pains!

Not someone who lays on the ice because he is pooped!

And to me, it doesnt matter if its Thornton, O`Donnell or Bergeron....GET UP if your not hurt!

Show them how tough you are!

Later

Old
10-20-2003, 01:13 PM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Oris anyone else just a WEE bit irritated that Thornton just layed down on the ie when he could have gotten back up against the Ducks?

he said he layed there because he was pooped or tuckered out! He wasnt hurt badly at all!

The thing that kills me is that Boynton took that penalty BECAUSE Thornton was down on the ice like he had been seriously injured!

Boynton said that had he known it wasnt serious, he probably wouldnt have jumped in like he did!

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I like players who get the hell up and dont let anyone know that they have any aches and pains!

And to me, it doesnt matter if its Thornton, O`Donnell or Bergeron....GET UP if your not hurt!

Later
I was guessing by that comment that Joe probably got whacked pretty good and maybe thought he got hurt worse than it was, and then in interviews downplayed the whole thing. It's so hard to make a hard observation of what really happened, to me it looked like he really whacked his head. He probably didn't want to let on publicly that he got his lid shaked.
That was my take. But it was good to see Boynts really come in and defend him. we get all over Joe when he loses his top, and now it's nice to see the guys standing up for him.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:32 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Yes, Boynts and Jilly are two very fine D-men.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:06 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Later
I can't question Joe's toughness...I think he stayed down to try and draw the major.....

Old
10-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Eat It

They also showed Joe coming to the bench after the scrum and he was checking his chicklets, so he may have been hurt more than it seemed to Jeff.

I do wish Joe would play a more consistantly mean game, but that's just not the kind of player he is. He uses his size to keep away defenders but not to punish. I wonder how much of his behind the net/along the boards style he picked up from Allison.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:15 PM
sfbruin

Quote:

Later
Well, a couple of things come to mind. First, that was a real crosscheck that Salei hit him with, and I'm sure Joe doesn't want to admit to a reporter that it hurt him or caught him offguard, but his neck snapped back pretty good. Second, whether he could've gotten right up and pummeled Salei himself or not, I would rather take Nick off the ice at that juncture -- still down a goal late in the game -- than Joe. And there is no question that someone needed to take issue with someone like Ruslan taking liberties. The TV announcers on the Ducks network were sort of hemming and hawing about whether it was a good time for Nick to take that penalty -- to me it's well worth risking the 2 points to send a message that running Joe will not be tolerated.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
BostonGrl819

I think he was downplaying it in the interview, but who knows.

At least he's ok, and kudos to Boynts for defending his captain!

Old
10-20-2003, 02:33 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

Later
maybe Joe was watching the Pats-Dolphins game and noticed Seau lying down in OT and figured it looked pretty good; I thought the exact same thing initially and then thought maybe Thornton was trying to grab 5 but his statement was whacked. I love Joe but I can't picture Forsberg, Messier, or Beliveau saying they were tired and wanted a rest. But thats what you get with Joe- we are who we are. I'll take Joe's total body of work but he can be maddening at times

Old
10-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
I dunno...I remember waaaay back when that Bobby took a cheap penalty 'cause he was exhausted and Harry wouldn't let him off.

:-)

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-20-2003, 05:44 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzin
Lapointe's "A" is as good as his after Martin's contract expires. Or maybe he'll get O'Donnell's instead. Either way, Boynton should get the "A" very soon.
i liked it when the b's had the rotating "A" for home and road games. it allows a few other guys to get involved in a leadership role, and guys like murray, rolston (who really thrives with that silly letter on his chest) and boynton are the ones i'd like to see get it.

Closed Thread