HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Sam Reinhart - Part 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2016, 01:29 PM
  #51
BowieSabresFan
Registered User
 
BowieSabresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
So unless my posts are nothing but positive about Reinhart (which I have done regularly), it's agenda driven? Give me a break.
Interesting interpretation, but have fun with it.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 01:32 PM
  #52
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 44,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
What does that even mean?
If you are saying that LD is a better NHL player that Sam right now because of his ppg pace through 6 games, I should really just stop now.

Franchise, Elite, Generational. All pretty words that don't really matter in the end.
Why are you so concerned with the label that you want to put on him?

Do you think Ovechkin is a franchise player?
Basically did the same thing last year after LD's insane 10 game outburst. "Case Closed, Murray made the wrong choice".... Reinhart outscored over the remaining ~60 games...

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 01:37 PM
  #53
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,121
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
What does that even mean?
If you are saying that LD is a better NHL player that Sam right now because of his ppg pace through 6 games, I should really just stop now.
Right is right means that he has been passed by other forwards from his draft class, and that there are legitimate concerns about how his athleticism will affect his future.

You guys are all thrilled that he is moving to C, but you want to ignore the fact that Bylsma was highly critical of him in doing so.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 01:38 PM
  #54
Aladyyn
KT stands for KluTch
 
Aladyyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,378
vCash: 500
He has been passed because of 5 games in October? Come on

Aladyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 01:42 PM
  #55
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,121
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyyn View Post
He has been passed because of 5 games in October? Come on
Are you serious? Go watch those guys play. Does it really not bother you to watch Toronto be the most exciting team around, and Nylander being the best one? Watching Toronto is a punch in the gut, and it isn't because of Matthews.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 01:47 PM
  #56
JackTheRipper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
I've been happy with Samson. He needs to get a little stronger and bigger but that will come as he gets older. Every game he makes 3 or 4 passes that make me go "Wow." Can't wait to see what he can do at center.

JackTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 03:33 PM
  #57
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,294
vCash: 500
Don't you see guys?

Wheels = super awesome player.
Average speed = Not as good a player.

Wheels = better than anyone without them. Developed player.
Average speed = Needs work. Mistake to have drafted him.

Don't look at anything else. Don't look at the 200 foot game or how one effects the line he's on.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 03:40 PM
  #58
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Are you serious? Go watch those guys play. Does it really not bother you to watch Toronto be the most exciting team around, and Nylander being the best one? Watching Toronto is a punch in the gut, and it isn't because of Matthews.
The only one that feels like a punch is Marner. Guy is really good, but we got Eichel in that draft. It's quite interesting to see how Toronto built their team, and how we did.

Nylander was quiet for his time up last year. He wasn't close to the player he is this season. He's been lights out because he's been with their future franchise player. Having an elite linemate will do that for you.

Our "Matthews"(Eichel) was electric with Reinhart last year and showed the same chemistry as Nylander and Matthews. Outside of Eichel, who on our team has the potential offensive impact that Nylander/Matthews brings to Toronto? We need more of that(Nylander was a good start along with our long term #1 pairing LD needing to be filled in) to be there to help Reinhart.

Reinhart looks behind LD in Edmonton because he has a healthy lineup with their franchise guys, when McDavid went down, LD started well, but then tapered off. Reinhart has been pretty even since Eichel went down and has shown during their time together, and in the preseason they were ready to take the next step.

They worked so well together they were considered joined at the hip by fans/coaching staff, and the few of the fanbase that wanted him at center, wasn't because he was bad with Eichel, they wanted him at center because he makes those around him better, which you want out of your centers, and wanted to spread the wealth around(or at least develop him in that role), and create matchup problems for teams. For someone who is trusted to be able to do that and want fans to do this, speaks volumes.

Nylander is playing well, but it looks even better when the guy is able to get the puck to a guy who knows where to go and what to do with the puck.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 03:48 PM
  #59
Myllz
#justbogothings
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte
Country: United States
Posts: 18,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Nylander was quiet for his time up last year. He wasn't close to the player he is this season. He's been lights out because he's been with their future franchise player. Having an elite linemate will do that for you.
Not that I have any sort of side in this, but this just isn't accurate, it's the other way around. Matthews has looked as good as he has because of Nylander.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 03:49 PM
  #60
sabrebuild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I will be plenty appreciative if he is integral to us winning. That is what this is supposed to be all about.
Will you tho? Because nylander isn't helping Toronto win. They are losing, but your going goo goo over nylander having surpassed samson, based on a few games and some good play.

Meanwhile Samson made the league a year earlier, shined, outperforming Draisaitl for most of the year. At that point was nylander way behind? And in the last 5 games, which the leafs went 1-1-3, Nylander has shown to be integral to winning and a franchise player...

What you're claiming doesn't make sense on that front.

Look we all get it, samson is not jack or mcdavid athletically. He won't shake and bake star defenders. But he is already shown he can be extremely effective offensively as a frickin rookie. More to the point, he regularly makes wtf passes for great chances, such as moulson.

Let me ask you this, when nylander goes on a cold streak for 20 games and reinhart gets hot, are we back to this convo again with you claiming nylander is a chump and reinhart has restored his draft status? Or can we just wait for nylander to play a half a season in the nhl?

sabrebuild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 03:59 PM
  #61
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Not that I have any sort of side in this, but this just isn't accurate, it's the other way around. Matthews has looked as good as he has because of Nylander.
I haven't caught all their games, but the ones I have I thought Matthews allowed Nylander to have more space. I think if Nylander was put on one of the other lines, he wouldn't have as much space and more freedom out there.

Just my opinion.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 04:38 PM
  #62
SnuggaRUDE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Are you serious? Go watch those guys play. Does it really not bother you to watch Toronto be the most exciting team around, and Nylander being the best one? Watching Toronto is a punch in the gut, and it isn't because of Matthews.
Well it can't be their coach, since all NHL teams use the same system.

SnuggaRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 04:52 PM
  #63
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,121
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
The only one that feels like a punch is Marner. Guy is really good, but we got Eichel in that draft. It's quite interesting to see how Toronto built their team, and how we did.

Nylander was quiet for his time up last year. He wasn't close to the player he is this season. He's been lights out because he's been with their future franchise player. Having an elite linemate will do that for you.

Our "Matthews"(Eichel) was electric with Reinhart last year and showed the same chemistry as Nylander and Matthews. Outside of Eichel, who on our team has the potential offensive impact that Nylander/Matthews brings to Toronto? We need more of that(Nylander was a good start along with our long term #1 pairing LD needing to be filled in) to be there to help Reinhart.

Reinhart looks behind LD in Edmonton because he has a healthy lineup with their franchise guys, when McDavid went down, LD started well, but then tapered off. Reinhart has been pretty even since Eichel went down and has shown during their time together, and in the preseason they were ready to take the next step.

They worked so well together they were considered joined at the hip by fans/coaching staff, and the few of the fanbase that wanted him at center, wasn't because he was bad with Eichel, they wanted him at center because he makes those around him better, which you want out of your centers, and wanted to spread the wealth around(or at least develop him in that role), and create matchup problems for teams. For someone who is trusted to be able to do that and want fans to do this, speaks volumes.

Nylander is playing well, but it looks even better when the guy is able to get the puck to a guy who knows where to go and what to do with the puck.
Good points, ROR and Okposo have really been holding Reinhart down this season.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 07:56 PM
  #64
sabrebuild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Good points, ROR and Okposo have really been holding Reinhart down this season.
I don't understand your point? Samson has looked really good next to two star vets. He has 2 points in 4 games, but also had several great chances either for himself or setting up others. And unlike both players your orally supporting, our top line is the only threat we have with injuries to eichel and kane, as well as okposo for game 1.

Are you really so impatient that some hot starts by other talented players rattles you into believing reinhart has played poorly this year or will going forward?

sabrebuild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
  #65
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,383
vCash: 500
Pure passers like the Strome's and Reinharts of the world usually don't hit their pick for a long time.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:32 PM
  #66
NeoCanuck
Our Shark Overlords
 
NeoCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Vancouver B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
Anyone have a general idea of the outlook for Reinhart this season? I saw that he's getting time at C now, but him scoring more goals than assists last year had me confused on how he was being used.

NeoCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:33 PM
  #67
ThunderD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
When your tank season, 2nd overall pick is being passed by other players from that draft, despite having brought in the GM specifically because of his drafting acumen, I'd say he should be our top concern. He was what the tank was about. Is he good enough?
The tank was about McEichel the following year.

ThunderD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:34 PM
  #68
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 25,588
vCash: 500
This time last year Larkin, Domi, Draisaitl and others were "better" than Eichel and Reinhart.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:35 PM
  #69
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 11,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
Anyone have a general idea of the outlook for Reinhart this season? I saw that he's getting time at C now, but him scoring more goals than assists last year had me confused on how he was being used.
He's been spending a lot of time on the wing, and did last season as well. Usually flanking Eichel towards the end of last year. Probably will be when the team is health. As has been said above he's finally getting a shot at center between Ennis and Girgensons.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:36 PM
  #70
JLewyB
Registered User
 
JLewyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pegulaville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Hoping for Nicklas Backstrom. Expecting RNH or Couturier.

JLewyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 08:38 PM
  #71
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 25,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
Anyone have a general idea of the outlook for Reinhart this season? I saw that he's getting time at C now, but him scoring more goals than assists last year had me confused on how he was being used.
The main reason he scored more goals than assists is because he was the best on the team in front of the net, giving him reliable goal production with tips and screens even though the team was not good offensively. One would expect his assists to rise as he improves, the team's offense improves, and he becomes more assertive in the play.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 09:37 AM
  #72
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 46,110
vCash: 500

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 10:28 AM
  #73
RocSabres
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
I don't know why so many people see a problem with Reinhart being brought up as a winger when Eichel is healthy. There's been many players that played center in juniors that were better prospects than Reinhart that started off as wingers to acclimate them with the league. The two in recent memory that come to mind are Mackinnon and Galchenyuk. Both of whom were better prospects in my opinion and more physically developed when it came to their size and skating ability. Reinhart should be playing center now when eichel is out but I think when he comes back he should be slotted back on Eichels wing as he still needs to fill out his frame and work on his skating before he should be slotted in at center.

RocSabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 10:39 AM
  #74
Zman5778
Moderator
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,687
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocSabres View Post
I don't know why so many people see a problem with Reinhart being brought up as a winger when Eichel is healthy. There's been many players that played center in juniors that were better prospects than Reinhart that started off as wingers to acclimate them with the league. The two in recent memory that come to mind are Mackinnon and Galchenyuk. Both of whom were better prospects in my opinion and more physically developed when it came to their size and skating ability. Reinhart should be playing center now when eichel is out but I think when he comes back he should be slotted back on Eichels wing as he still needs to fill out his frame and work on his skating before he should be slotted in at center.
Frankly, it's much more common for players of Reinhart's ilk to start as a winger and move to center. Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Schiefele, Couture, etc all spent a significant amount of time at wing before transitioning full time to center.

Maybe we're seeing Sam's transition now. Maybe not. I don't disagree that it's time to try Sam there, but I'm not going to panic if it doesn't stick just yet.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 11:42 PM
  #75
pigpen65
Registered User
 
pigpen65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,755
vCash: 500
Directly responsible for two losses already. Getting bounced off the puck in OT vs Calgary and taking the O zone penalty vs Philly tonight. He either needs some bench time or he needs to drop down to the bottom six for a little bit. Zero intensity.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.