HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues Offer Kings McAmmond/Weinrich

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Blues Offer Kings McAmmond/Weinrich

From the LA Times Kings Report:

The St. Louis Blues have offered the Kings separate deals for center Dean McAmmond and defenseman Eric Weinrich, a source within the league said.

The Blues are believed to be seeking prospects in exchange, something Taylor is unlikely to consider.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
From the LA Times Kings Report:

The St. Louis Blues have offered the Kings separate deals for center Dean McAmmond and defenseman Eric Weinrich, a source within the league said.

The Blues are believed to be seeking prospects in exchange, something Taylor is unlikely to consider.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings
Wow, the LATimes almost never reports trade rumours...

and Weinrich was a player I've thought would be a decent fit for the Kings since earlier in the year when I heard he would be available...I think he'd be a good pick-up and the kind of move that would be right up DT's alley...

Old
01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would hope the Kings are interested in a forward who would be more of an impact player, rather than someone like Dean McAmmond. I don't think a slightly better version of Erik Rasmussen is what the Kings need, plus the Kings have better options on leftwing. Doug Weight is the Blues forward the Kings should target.

As for Weinrich, I don't know how much gas he has left in his tank. He isn't as productive as he used to be, but he is an improvement over Nathan Dempsey. The Kings would be better served adding a more physical pressence who could clear the crease and intimidate the opposition.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:10 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
I would hope the Kings are interested in a forward who would be more of an impact player, rather than someone like Dean McAmmond. I don't think a slightly better version of Erik Rasmussen is what the Kings need, plus the Kings have better options on leftwing. Doug Weight is the Blues forward the Kings should target.

As for Weinrich, I don't know how much gas he has left in his tank. He isn't as productive as he used to be, but he is an improvement over Nathan Dempsey. The Kings would be better served adding a more physical pressence who could clear the crease and intimidate the opposition.
Agree on McAmmond...he doesn't provide what Bure presumably would have. There's already a glut of McAmmond players on the roster.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
So they won't give up a midlevel prospect for a guy like Weinrich who would solidify their third d-pairing?

I don't get it...

Old
01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
So they won't give up a midlevel prospect for a guy like Weinrich who would solidify their third d-pairing?

I don't get it...
If it's anything I think it'll be a pick.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:16 AM
bland

Well, McAmmond has a good set of wheels and has played pretty well with Conroy in the past.

Weinrich would fit in well with Murray's system.

If the cost isn't that significant, meaning Greg Hogeboom or Conner James, then yes, it would be a good move. Grebeshkov, even with his disappointing season and contract situation, would be too much. Pushkaryev, maybe. Anybody else of note in the system would be over-payment from the Kings' perspective.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Pushkarev a maybe for McAmmond and/or Weinrich? Try HELL NO. The Kings could (and should) do better than McAmmond. He won't be enough to help add secondary scoring or get the powerplay going.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I wouldn't mind Weinrich or McAmmond if it meant Weaver and maybe a prospect like Hogeboom was going the other way. Our bottom two lines are set though, and I don't see much room for McAmmond.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Reaper45

I just think that it's interesting that they offered them in separate deals. Why not both in one?

Old
01-22-2006, 12:50 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I just think that it's interesting that they offered them in separate deals. Why not both in one?
Hopefully DT refused the McAmmond deal first...

Old
01-22-2006, 12:52 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
pass on both...

wish list

Defensive D-Man
2nd line forward

Old
01-22-2006, 01:23 AM
nikolai19

Weinrich as a 6th guy for a rental for the playoffs is fine. That cost should be about a 5th rounder and no more. He would be an upgrade from Weaver or Dempsey.

Having
Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Weinrich
Corvo-Visnovsky

is okay but not great.

I don't see why Dean McAmmond would help but I believe that he and Conroy have played together. Great veteran guy to have but I just don't see the need for it. If the deal was

To LA: Dean McAmmond and Eric Weinrich
To Stl.: 5th in 06, 6th in 07

I'd consider it. It does fill holes for LA.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:27 AM
sunb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Weinrich as a 6th guy for a rental for the playoffs is fine. That cost should be about a 5th rounder and no more. He would be an upgrade from Weaver or Dempsey.

Having
Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Weinrich
Corvo-Visnovsky

is okay but not great.

I don't see why Dean McAmmond would help but I believe that he and Conroy have played together. Great veteran guy to have but I just don't see the need for it. If the deal was

To LA: Dean McAmmond and Eric Weinrich
To Stl.: 5th in 06, 6th in 07

I'd consider it. It does fill holes for LA.
5th rounder for Weinrich is not enough. Every playoff bound team and some playoff contention teams will want Weinrich. The price will be bid up.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
5th rounder for Weinrich is not enough. Every playoff bound team and some playoff contention teams will want Weinrich. The price will be bid up.
A 5th for Weinrich is fair IMO - if someone wants to offer more, don't expect me to stop them.

A 6th for McAmmond? I'd rather see a 4th b/c he is realistically a 15-20 goal scorer, something he should still hit even on the Blues. I'd ask for a 4th, but I'd settle for a 5th. It could even be in '07, but I think a 6th is just a bit too low.

01-22-2006, 09:13 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
A 5th for Weinrich is fair IMO - if someone wants to offer more, don't expect me to stop them.

A 6th for McAmmond? I'd rather see a 4th b/c he is realistically a 15-20 goal scorer, something he should still hit even on the Blues. I'd ask for a 4th, but I'd settle for a 5th. It could even be in '07, but I think a 6th is just a bit too low.

IB, McAmmond already has 14 goals right now(BTW that would put him 5th on the team in LA(as opposed to 2nd in St. Louis) which would land him solidly on the 2nd line). It isn't even a question of him hitting 15 at this point. The way he's been going he should end up between 20-25 goals on the year. I think he's worth a little more than people give him credit for especially when you take his extremely cheap contract into consideration.

My question though is who would we play if we dealt Weinrich and McAmmond?
Yes; Backman, Jackman and Wideman can handle most of the minutes but I don't see Kitchen trusting any of our other D men with Top 4 assignments. I suppose one of the kids could take over that role(I've been fairly impressed with Dallman the last few games) but that goes against Kitchen's beliefs.
If we deal McAmmond one of the kids would have to step into that position(Gamache) and, as I said, Kitchen doesn't beleive in playing the kids.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:03 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
send weinrich to philly!

Old
01-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
IB, McAmmond already has 14 goals right now(BTW that would put him 5th on the team in LA(as opposed to 2nd in St. Louis) which would land him solidly on the 2nd line). It isn't even a question of him hitting 15 at this point. The way he's been going he should end up between 20-25 goals on the year. I think he's worth a little more than people give him credit for especially when you take his extremely cheap contract into consideration.
Yeah, I realized that after (1) I had made the post, (2) my Internet connection went down, (3) I had to call tech support to get a connection faster than 28.8, and (4) I noticed McAmmond's stats.

Quote:
My question though is who would we play if we dealt Weinrich and McAmmond?
Yes; Backman, Jackman and Wideman can handle most of the minutes but I don't see Kitchen trusting any of our other D men with Top 4 assignments. I suppose one of the kids could take over that role(I've been fairly impressed with Dallman the last few games) but that goes against Kitchen's beliefs.
If we deal McAmmond one of the kids would have to step into that position(Gamache) and, as I said, Kitchen doesn't beleive in playing the kids.
I'd say that we'd end up with George Parros in return, but I'm scared I'll see tomorrow that McAmmond was traded for Parros straight up.

The rest ... I can't comment - not because I don't have some thoughts about it all.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Blueski

Quote:
My question though is who would we play if we dealt Weinrich and McAmmond? Yes; Backman, Jackman and Wideman can handle most of the minutes but I don't see Kitchen trusting any of our other D men with Top 4 assignments. I suppose one of the kids could take over that role(I've been fairly impressed with Dallman the last few games) but that goes against Kitchen's beliefs. If we deal McAmmond one of the kids would have to step into that position(Gamache) and, as I said, Kitchen doesn't beleive in playing the kids.
Well, maybe this would be management's way of nudging him along to play them. I believe that Kitch is here for the remainder of the season, no use in getting rid of him and bringing in another person to struggle with this team. So, to see what they have in the AHL, or even on the roster here, you subtract the players that are holding the younger ones up. He would have no choice but to play them.

Second, I think it is somewhat funny that some Kings fans are questioning if McAmmond could fill what VALERIE Bure would bring to the team. Valerie??? Really?? Have any of you seen him in the past few years?? Yeah, neither have any of the teams he played on then either. Plus he is out for the season in that same article that said something about this rumor with Weinrich and McAmmond.

Plus, you also have the oft injured Demitra, another forward with which we are familiar. I saw a quote, I think on ESPN or TSN (sorry I don't remember), that the Kings hoped to have him back within a week and he said that he was no where close to returning. Yep...that sounds like him alright. Supremely talented, has always been one of my favs, but get one injury and *poof* gone.

Trust me, you need McAmmond. He is a skilled forward playing on a bad team. He would help the Kings depth by playing at least on the second line. No, he is not worth any of your high level prospects, but don't try to tell us you have no use for him, because you do.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
pass on both...

wish list

Defensive D-Man
2nd line forward
Which is exactly what Weinrich and McAmmond are. Weinrich may not have the wheels anymore (ok..he DOESN'T have the wheels anymore) but he is a quality 5-6 dman who will give you his all night in and night out. McAmmond is putting up a fair amount of points on a very poor team. He is most certainly a second line forward and PP player.

BTW...for anyone wanting to know just a bit more about Weinrich, he writes a journal type column for the Blues official website . It is a good read and you just might get a better appreciation for the type of player he is.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:47 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Rasmussen never scored more than 14 goals for the kings which dean has done this year. I'd say thats vastly superior to erik's 4 goals (and 16 pts) in his last year with the kings...but really, i don't see mcammond fitting in with the kings.
Quote:
if a guy goes from a non-contending team to a playoff contender, theres always something left in the tank...also, if you push out and limit the minutes of guys like dempsey, weaver and corvo, thats always a plus.

01-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues

I'd say that we'd end up with George Parros in return, but I'm scared I'll see tomorrow that McAmmond was traded for Parros straight up.

The rest ... I can't comment - not because I don't have some thoughts about it all.
I hope not, Parros is our only "heavyweight". How about Noah Clarke, Mike Weaver/Nathan Dempsey and a pick for the two of them?

Old
01-22-2006, 12:27 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19

I don't get it...
I don't get any of the deals that Burke has made. Maybe that's part of the confusion. Who knows what St. Louis is asking for, and believe me, they're not offering those two as a favor to the Kings....The Blues are the ones that offered a deal. Weinrich is 39 and well past his prime, and it would be nothing more than a lateral move for Dempsey, who's absolutely atrocious. So, yeah...no thanks.
As for the "Deaner"........this team is overflowed with 3rd line players....we don't any more.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
As for the "Deaner"........this team is overflowed with 3rd line players....we don't any more.
McAmmond would be 5th in goals on the Kings. Ahead of Luc Robitaille, Sean Avery, Derek Armstrong, Eric Belanger, and Dustin Brown. You're telling me that when Roenick is healthy and the lines are set up properly, you can't use someone who's on pace to score 25 goals on quite arguably the worst team in the league even if he's on the 3rd line?

*wow* Then good luck in the playoffs when you need guys not on the 1st line to chip in goals. If that top line gets shut down, you're going to wish you just had someone else who was a threat to score 20 goals to help out.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Question for Blues fans. Could McAmmond kill penalties? And does he still have the blazing speed he was known to have back when he wasn't injury prone?

Closed Thread