HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues Offer Kings McAmmond/Weinrich

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Question for Blues fans. Could McAmmond kill penalties? And does he still have the blazing speed he was known to have back when he wasn't injury prone?
He hasn't seen much PK time this year primarily because Kitchen is using Drake, Mayers, Sillinger, Johnson, Cajanek and Rycroft for that. He's being used quite a bit on the PP but he's just 4-3-7 there, while he's 10-4-14 at even strength.

I can't comment on his speed - one of the other Blues posters will have to chime in on that.

01-22-2006, 03:15 PM
FoppaArGud

vCash: 500
Kings will be stingy with prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
From the LA Times Kings Report:

The St. Louis Blues have offered the Kings separate deals for center Dean McAmmond and defenseman Eric Weinrich, a source within the league said.

The Blues are believed to be seeking prospects in exchange, something Taylor is unlikely to consider.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings
I expect only one of two deals to happen, probably Weinrich, LA is ahead of schedule with their success this year but are keeping an eye towards the future above all.

Old
01-22-2006, 04:58 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I don't get any of the deals that Burke has made.

The Blues are the ones that offered a deal. Weinrich is 39 and well past his prime, and it would be nothing more than a lateral move for Dempsey, who's absolutely atrocious. So, yeah...no thanks.
As for the "Deaner"........this team is overflowed with 3rd line players....we don't any more.
*** does that comment have to do with this thread?

by the way...Weinrich>>Dempsey

Old
01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
McAmmond would be 5th in goals on the Kings. Ahead of Luc Robitaille, Sean Avery, Derek Armstrong, Eric Belanger, and Dustin Brown. You're telling me that when Roenick is healthy and the lines are set up properly, you can't use someone who's on pace to score 25 goals on quite arguably the worst team in the league even if he's on the 3rd line?

*wow* Then good luck in the playoffs when you need guys not on the 1st line to chip in goals. If that top line gets shut down, you're going to wish you just had someone else who was a threat to score 20 goals to help out.
You just named most of our third line players. You seem very willing to give this guy away.....so what's the scoop? He's 32 and he's been moved already 8 times. He's on a Sillinger pace. We just don't need a player like him.......it's not a personal thing....but this team doesn't need him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
*** does that comment have to do with this thread?

by the way...Weinrich>>Dempsey
You responded to ZS. I'm responding to you. Not that hard.

So again what don't you get? Why are you concerned about DT making a move for Weinrich? First of all you're a Ducks fan......and just so you know, this move would not help our club in the least. We're looking for somebody that can help us down the stretch and the future....and Weinrich wouldn't really do that.

I was just being a smart *** about Burke........don't take it so personal, because I know you've questioned most of his moves.

Old
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Eshutz Escors

McAmmond yes, Weinrich no.

McAmmond on a line with Conroy and Demitra would allow Frolov to play with JR and Cammalleri, and then our 3rd line would be Luc-Army-Brown. 4th line of Avery-Belanger-Parros/Kostopolous would round out 4 very solid lines.

As for the D, we can do better than Weinrich (i.e. Witt)

I package of Noah Clarke and a 3rd would suffice IMO.

Old
01-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Osprey

The Kings should take 'em both, especially before the rest of the teams realize that they aren't getting the prime players that they want (ex. Weight, Leetch), either. A month from now, the price for players like Weinrich and McAmmond will go up as available players and the chances of getting even one such player (much less two) dwindle. If I were Dave Taylor, I'd pull both deals. Better to have a dollar in your pocket now than to risk an empty pocket later.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
You just named most of our third line players. You seem very willing to give this guy away.....so what's the scoop? He's 32 and he's been moved already 8 times. He's on a Sillinger pace. We just don't need a player like him.......it's not a personal thing....but this team doesn't need him!
Are you talking about McAmmond or Sillinger at this point? McAmmond may be 32 but he hasn't been moved 8 times (it's 5 times plus once before he left juniors), and McAmmond certainly isn't on Sillinger pace.

AFA the rest of your comment - are you saying you prefer all of your current 3rd liners to McAmmond? Are you saying you'd rather go into the playoffs with who you've got, hoping that the depth you currently have is enough to carry the day should injuries hit? I have nothing against McAmmond - but the fact that he's got 14 goals on a poor Blues team, is only making $925,000 and is a UFA are three things playoff-bounds teams are going to see and like when they look to upgrade for the playoffs.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
How about Nathan Dempsey for one of those guys?

Actually, just take Nathan Dempsey.....you don't even have to give anything back to the Kings.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
How about Nathan Dempsey for one of those guys?

Actually, just take Nathan Dempsey.....you don't even have to give anything back to the Kings.
No thanks. We already have Steve Poapst - that's one of the markets I'd rather not corner.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
No thanks. We already have Steve Poapst - that's one of the markets I'd rather not corner.
How about Mike Weaver then?

Old
01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I just think that it's interesting that they offered them in separate deals. Why not both in one?
I'm just speculating, but I would sense that the Blues are after specific Kings prospects, and this was the low ball offer to start things off in hopes of building into a bigger deal to ofload Weight, Tkachuck, etc.

Old
01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
I'm just speculating, but I would sense that the Blues are after specific Kings prospects, and this was the low ball offer to start things off in hopes of building into a bigger deal to ofload Weight, Tkachuck, etc.
For the 622nd time, Tkachuk has a NTC and has stated he has no intention of waiving it.

Closed Thread