HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin - A frustrated fan

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Tatay Farlo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Perezhogin - A frustrated fan

As you all know, my favorite player is Alexander Perezhogin. To running his fansite to collecting his memorabilia and cards, I'm all over his stuff and probably am one of his biggest fans out there. Lately seeing/hearing his play in Hamilton, I'm just not sure if he has what it takes to get back. I thought the firing of Julien would get him going again knowing that he has a chance, but he's been mediocre with some flashes but not to what we saw of him early in the season and Russia.

I've been collecting his hockey cards pretty hard as I'm trying to own one of each card of his and so far have been very successful including obtaining both of his 1/1 cards (only 1 made). But lately, I'm just getting so discouraged and thinking that I'm wasting a ton of money on a player that might not be back with the Habs next year or even be decent in the NHL. Could just as easy go back to Russia and play there. I don't know...just frustrated and thinking of selling my card collection, his game worn rookie jersey and draft sign at a loss and call it quits as I don't think he will ever get it back.

Again, just frustrated and wanted to vent to fans that (I think) know how I feel. I consider Hab fans much different as I see us being much more passionate that regular NHL team fans. Not sure, but everytime I see/hear him play, it just gets worse. Arghhhhhhhh. So frustrated with him of course, but the team as well.

Signing off, frustrated Perezhogin/Hab fan.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
As you all know, my favorite player is Alexander Perezhogin. To running his fansite to collecting his memorabilia and cards, I'm all over his stuff and probably am one of his biggest fans out there. Lately seeing/hearing his play in Hamilton, I'm just not sure if he has what it takes to get back. I thought the firing of Julien would get him going again knowing that he has a chance, but he's been mediocre with some flashes but not to what we saw of him early in the season and Russia.

I've been collecting his hockey cards pretty hard as I'm trying to own one of each card of his and so far have been very successful including obtaining both of his 1/1 cards (only 1 made). But lately, I'm just getting so discouraged and thinking that I'm wasting a ton of money on a player that might not be back with the Habs next year or even be decent in the NHL. Could just as easy go back to Russia and play there. I don't know...just frustrated and thinking of selling my card collection, his game worn rookie jersey and draft sign at a loss and call it quits as I don't think he will ever get it back.

Again, just frustrated and wanted to vent to fans that (I think) know how I feel. I consider Hab fans much different as I see us being much more passionate that regular NHL team fans. Not sure, but everytime I see/hear him play, it just gets worse. Arghhhhhhhh. So frustrated with him of course, but the team as well.

I hear you, but calm down. Alex is going to be back on the Habs roster in 2 weeks, or before. No one on the Habs management team has lost faith in Sasha.

My take is that one of; Zednik, Sundstrom or Ribeiro will be traded or waived in a very near future. That should make some space for Alex. Hopefully on Koivu's side.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Slitty

Quote:

I bid 2 dollah!

Old
01-22-2006, 01:01 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty
I bid 2 dollah!
What is that supposed to mean

Old
01-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
What is that supposed to mean
For my collection. It's a smart-arse remark.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:06 AM
MissCanuck

I don't think Gainey has just forgotten what Perezhogin can do with actual ice time and good linemates... Wait it out, he'll be back with the big club.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Slitty

Quote:
For my collection. It's a smart-arse remark.

Not really, just expressing my opinion that Perezhogin is done in terms of the NHL in a creative way. Afterall, how much is some random's AHLer's or unheard of Russian Superleague player's memorabilia worth?

There are countless player who seamed the real deal, played 10 games in the NHL, and then got sent down and out of frustration went back to Russia to either become very good RSL players or retire soon thereafter. Even if the determined and more crappy ones stick around the AH or ECHL for a few seasons, they all head back. Why should Perezhogin be any different.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:11 AM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Hang in there

I havent seen him play since he was sent down but I can imagine he is also frustrated.

When he gets over it and starts doing again what got him here in the first place, he will back as a stronger person and a better player.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Tatay Farlo

Quote:
There are countless player who seamed the real deal, played 10 games in the NHL, and then got sent down and out of frustration went back to Russia to either become very good RSL players or retire soon thereafter.
Who else?

Old
01-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

He will be back...don't know when but he's part of the future so don't worry...he'll be a good NHLer, you just have to be patient because he's still very young.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Not really, just expressing my opinion that Perezhogin is done in terms of the NHL in a creative way. Afterall, how much is some random's AHLer's or unheard of Russian Superleague player's memorabilia worth?

There are countless player who seamed the real deal, played 10 games in the NHL, and then got sent down and out of frustration went back to Russia to either become very good RSL players or retire soon thereafter. Even if the determined and more crappy ones stick around the AH or ECHL for a few seasons, they all head back. Why should Perezhogin be any different.
I think you don't know the player you are talking about.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Slitty

Quote:
Who else?

How many examples of Perezhogins do you need? Shall we start with 10 that turned out pretty to be pretty good RSL player and the continue of you deem that more is necessairy sir?

Ok, Perezhogin has 36 NHL games to his name:

Sergei Zinovjev - 10 games in the NHL.
Alexei Kudashov - 25 games in the NHL.
Stanislav Chistov - 135 games in the NHL.
Maxim Sushinsky - 30 games in the NHL.
Alexander Kharitonov - 71 games in the NHL.
Dmitry Bykov - 71 games in the NHL.
Petr Schastlivy - 129 games in the NHL.
Alexander Semin - 52 games in the NHL.
Alexandr Svitov - 103 games in the NHL.
Alexei Vasiliev - 1 game in the NHL.

There are NUMEROUS others who tried their luck in the NHL and for one reason or another failed. Some are pretty good now and certainly good enough to be in the NHL, others not. The number of players who played in the NHL or Canadian Junior System, never made the NHL and now play back in Russia are even GREATER. What makes Perezhogin different?

Old
01-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Perezhogin is exactly what the Habs want... soft, soft, soft, soft players with no effort or hustle. He'll be back up soon and you can get the pleasure of seeing his 4 minutes of horrendously lazy play where he has to ask for directions to his zone once he hits the red line.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:14 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Perezhogin is exactly what the Habs want... soft, soft, soft, soft players with no effort or hustle. He'll be back up soon and you can get the pleasure of seeing his 4 minutes of horrendously lazy play where he has to ask for directions to his zone once he hits the red line.
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute. That's non sense.

And Slitty, your unfounded theory is good for garbage. We all know damn well that Perezhongin has a future in the NHL.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:18 AM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:

Alexander Semin - 52 games in the NHL.

There are NUMEROUS others who tried their luck in the NHL and for one reason or another failed.
Semin did not fail. He just got in trouble with his country and he will be back. If you hand pick players without actually looking them up, I'm sure you can poor up a list just as big as any.

I'm not saying you aren't right, because who really knows. But if you make a statement like this you should not back it up with a player like Semin as it removes some credibility.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahabsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute. That's non sense.

What's nonsense?

Old
01-22-2006, 02:44 AM
MissCanuck

36 games, sure. How often did he stay on the same line after Zednik came back? How often did get over 5 stupid minutes?

Old
01-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
How often did he stay on the same line after Zednik came back? How often did get over 5 stupid minutes?
Probably about 10-15 of the 36 games I'd say he got over 10 or 11 minutes. I'm doing this completely off the top of my head, so don't bash if I'm wrong that's just my guess... He was free-loading on the first line for quite some time I recall...

Old
01-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Unless Zednik is traded it's gonna be hard , with Kostitsyn playing well with the big club . I think it won't be long , Gainey look dead tired of his ''efforts'' . 2Mils saved for a D

Old
01-22-2006, 03:19 AM
Slitty

Lol, why get mad at the messenger?

All I said is that their are countless Russian players who tried their luck in the NHL, and for one reason or another went back to Russia and Perezhogin is looking like he will be one of them. Sure Semin did not fail, and Sushinsky did not fail persay (just underperformed vastly) but felt homesick... but the point is that they gave the NHL a shot and are now playing in Russia. INFACT, this is the most important point, like perhaps Perezhogin, they are players good enough to play in the NHL that are playing in Russia that gave the NHL a shot.

So you are saying Perezhogin is a victim, did not fail, and is nothing like these guys because he has been giving limited ice time. Well the person I would equate this to is Sergei Zvinovjev who played 10 games for the Boston Bruins a while back and went back to Russia after being sent fown to the AHL. The kid showed immense potential but was given 4th line icetime and only managed a couple of points. Did he fail or was he any different/worse than Perezhogin? Well the fact of the matter remains that he, among others, is a top10 forward in the RSL with very good skill that could be easily playing on an NHL 1st line, but isnt.

So before you insult me because I suggest the obvious about YOUR prospect... just stand back and take a look at the situation, its happened numerous times before, and pretty much every team has had their Perezhogin(s) in the past and will continue to have them in the future.

Old
01-22-2006, 03:21 AM
MissCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Probably about 10-15 of the 36 games I'd say he got over 10 or 11 minutes. I'm doing this completely off the top of my head, so don't bash if I'm wrong that's just my guess... He was free-loading on the first line for quite some time I recall...
Oh boo.
His average right now is at under 10 minutes, which seems flawed to me. When with Koivu and Kovalev, he was getting good minutes. But for Julien (it seemed) it was God forbid the rookie slips a bit, demote him ASAP regardless of if he showed flash and potential on the top line. He was on different lines all too often after that and his minutes were all out of whack. Sometimes 3 minutes to 5, 8 minutes here, 6 there, 4 here... frustrating. No regularity for a shy Russian kid trying to find himself in the NHL as a rookie.

I MUCH would have preferred to have seen that line stick and work out the kinks...

Old
01-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
Oh boo.
His average right now is at under 10 minutes, which seems flawed to me. When with Koivu and Kovalev, he was getting good minutes. But for Julien (it seemed) it was God forbid the rookie slips a bit, demote him ASAP regardless of if he showed flash and potential on the top line. He was on different lines all too often after that and his minutes were all out of whack. Sometimes 3 minutes to 5, 8 minutes here, 6 there, 4 here... frustrating. No regularity for a shy Russian kid trying to find himself in the NHL as a rookie.

I MUCH would have preferred to have seen that line stick and work out the kinks...
No regularity for any shy kid trying to FIND himself as a ROOKIE... But no it's Perezhogin, he clubbed a guy in the face in the AHL so we can't send him down. Gimme a break, he'll earn his minutes just like everybody does. You aren't just awarded first line status 'cause you can dangle a few flashes of brilliance every now and then.

Old
01-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

there was a point in time where andrei markov was being sent down back and forth from the NHL and AHL.

the rest, as they say, is history.

Perez will be back. Its just a matter of time

Old
01-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Stefan

Agreed Hackett... I don't see why everyone's getting their panties in a big bunch over a soft rookie being sent down to work on work ethic and finding his own defensize zone every so often... Is this not perfectly normal?

Everyone gets sent down... He's a ROOKIE!

Old
01-22-2006, 07:07 AM
cedouimet

vCash: 2203
if you decide to sell everything, im interested in all you hockey stuff,...

let me know cedouimet@hotmail.com

Closed Thread