HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perezhogin - A frustrated fan

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Tatay Farlo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Agreed Hackett... I don't see why everyone's getting their panties in a big bunch over a soft rookie being sent down to work on work ethic and finding his own defensize zone every so often... Is this not perfectly normal?

Everyone gets sent down... He's a ROOKIE!
I think it's more your rude tone the way your delivering it with. I wasn't looking for this to become a bash thread, but it starting to become that way. Just wanted to vent and I guess you are as well. Also, your comment on "clubbed a guy in the face" is a little strong and really doesn't need to be brought up. If you want to bring it up, remember that earlier in that same game, he was cross-checked in the face and then before he swung, he was swung at. Was it wrong, 100%. But it easily could've been him on the ice hurt. Two wrongs don't make a right, but no need to bring that crap up.

With him being soft, yeah, he's definitely stays away from it as he's more of a skill player, not a hitter. Early in the season, he was getting an opportunity like Crosby, Ovechkin, Svatos. Playing with good players and lots of icetime and he was keeping up with them from a stats perspective. It's something to think about as I'm not saying he's a Crosby/Ovechkin, but he did have it going with high skilled linemates and ice-time. Will he get back there...I don't know. That's the question that's frustrating me.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:05 AM
catmanhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Perezhogin is exactly what the Habs want... soft, soft, soft, soft players with no effort or hustle. He'll be back up soon and you can get the pleasure of seeing his 4 minutes of horrendously lazy play where he has to ask for directions to his zone once he hits the red line.
youre right on. he only had one of the best +/- on the team. he must have been so awful defensively..i didnt even see the other team always scoring against him and his linemates. he digged in corners alot too, and took hits to make a play..even with his 3 minutes a game near the end. dagenais definately deserved more ice time then perez. i hate players that are small but willing to go into a corner for a loose puck, and who have good +/-. gee i hope ribiero doesnt fall into that kind of despicable play soon.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:29 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
I think it's more your rude tone the way your delivering it with. I wasn't looking for this to become a bash thread, but it starting to become that way. Just wanted to vent and I guess you are as well. Also, your comment on "clubbed a guy in the face" is a little strong and really doesn't need to be brought up. If you want to bring it up, remember that earlier in that same game, he was cross-checked in the face and then before he swung, he was swung at. Was it wrong, 100%. But it easily could've been him on the ice hurt. Two wrongs don't make a right, but no need to bring that crap up.

With him being soft, yeah, he's definitely stays away from it as he's more of a skill player, not a hitter. Early in the season, he was getting an opportunity like Crosby, Ovechkin, Svatos. Playing with good players and lots of icetime and he was keeping up with them from a stats perspective. It's something to think about as I'm not saying he's a Crosby/Ovechkin, but he did have it going with high skilled linemates and ice-time. Will he get back there...I don't know. That's the question that's frustrating me.
I dont see Zhogin as soft but he appears lazy and his performance in the AHL is very very poor. Another Czerchowski?

Old
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
I dont see Zhogin as soft but he appears lazy and his performance in the AHL is very very poor. Another Czerchowski?
Could be. He's definitely not interested it seems.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Marchy79

If Svitov is unsigned... I'd take him in a heartbeat... I always liked that kid...

I'd take a chance on Chistov as well.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Devulous

I'm sure Perez will get back in the NHL, but at best i think he's going to be another Afinagenov. For some reason though, I really get the feeling that he's going to go back to Russia sooner or later(not necissarily because of his skill level)

Old
01-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanhabsfan
youre right on. he only had one of the best +/- on the team. he must have been so awful defensively..i didnt even see the other team always scoring against him and his linemates. he digged in corners alot too, and took hits to make a play..even with his 3 minutes a game near the end. dagenais definately deserved more ice time then perez. i hate players that are small but willing to go into a corner for a loose puck, and who have good +/-. gee i hope ribiero doesnt fall into that kind of despicable play soon.
Yeah +/- has everything to do with it. Doesn't matter he was just put onto the first line who was scoring all the Habs goals the first 20 games of the season... Chris Pronger's +/- is like +2... he can't be that good of a defenseman eh?

Closed Thread