Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Old
11-07-2016, 09:18 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 50
I think he'll end around 20-25 goals with 25-30 assists giving him a around 50 points season which is very fine to me for a sophomore season in his age.

His goals per 60 is a bit down and his assists per 60 a bit high but both aspects will normalize soon enough IMO.

GJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 10:00 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

vCash: 407
I feel like he is a few tweeks away from exploding. he has sooo many quality passes, and often gets posiioned for a great shot. a little snakebitten last night.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Dayofthedogs

vCash: 500
Best development of the season so far for me, is the chemistry that Laine and Ehlers are developing between each other. Combine that with Chef in the middle and this team looks to have its top line cemented for years to come.

Ehlers speed will open up all kinds of room for Laine. His ability to execute at top speed is phenomenal. His vision, IQ and passing are all top notch and I may not be the only one who saw how hard he was trying to feed the beast (Laine) last night on the PP.

Great thing about those 3 guys is they all have amazing shots. Opposing teams won't be able to key in on any one player and if they do the other 2 guys can make them pay.

As Laine gets more accustomed to the NHL and starts making crisper passes in the O zone these 3 will be monsters. with both wingers playing on their off sides the one timers are gonna be dangerous.

In 2 years if these guys continue to play together I could see them being a top 5 line in the NHL for point production.

Dayofthedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 10:23 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Ehlers with a weird game last night imo.

He seemed good, but a little off? just me?
If he'd buried half of the glorious scoring opportunities Laine gave him last night, that could have been a different game.

Yeah, I'm still pissy this morning. I ****ing hate NY.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
SLAYER
GO JETS GO

Ehlers is lookin' good. Really happy that I got an Ehlers jersey before the season started, kid is good at hockey.

Hearts Racin', Cup Chasin'
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Thai jet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayofthedogs View Post
Best development of the season so far for me, is the chemistry that Laine and Ehlers are developing between each other. Combine that with Chef in the middle and this team looks to have its top line cemented for years to come.

Ehlers speed will open up all kinds of room for Laine. His ability to execute at top speed is phenomenal. His vision, IQ and passing are all top notch and I may not be the only one who saw how hard he was trying to feed the beast (Laine) last night on the PP.

Great thing about those 3 guys is they all have amazing shots. Opposing teams won't be able to key in on any one player and if they do the other 2 guys can make them pay.

As Laine gets more accustomed to the NHL and starts making crisper passes in the O zone these 3 will be monsters. with both wingers playing on their off sides the one timers are gonna be dangerous.

In 2 years if these guys continue to play together I could see them being a top 5 line in the NHL for point production.

To me Laine was the best Jet passer last night. Nik needs to get the shot off those passes off quicker. He gives the goalie too much time to get over.

Thai jet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 02:24 PM
DashingDane

vCash: 309
I definitely don't think Ehlers has been the best forward every game but I do think he has been in the top 3 when looking a consistency this year. I actually think he is looking way better than he did last year and I'm getting very excited about the LSE line.

DashingDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Jetsfareast
YOUTH MOVEMENT

vCash: 282
EHLERS!!!

you are so awesome,

you create havoc and crosses opposing team.

You will bury that goal, be patient

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 06:21 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

vCash: 407
Holy crap is he snakebitten in the shooting department. 8.6 S% I think.

He is electric, and creates alot of havoc, but I really want to see him pot a few goals.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 06:27 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Holy crap is he snakebitten in the shooting department. 8.6 S% I think.

He is electric, and creates alot of havoc, but I really want to see him pot a few goals.
He will. Right now he is creating tons of chances with his speed and is ability to make plays at high speed. Kept together Laine-Scheif-Ehlers will all pile up the points this season. I'd never separate that line.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Dhors

So happy that Ehlers is really finding his form out there. I wish he would get his shot off a bit quicker but that was never his strong suit. His entrances into the offensive zone have been great though, his passing looks crisp as ever. Love the LSE line so much! I don't think I am going to be able to stop myself from getting an Ehlers jets jersey to go with my mooseheads one, he is just too much fun to watch out there.

Dhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 08:31 AM
loupie

I said he'd score 30 this year. Has a ways to go but you can see the talent is there.

loupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDane View Post
I definitely don't think Ehlers has been the best forward every game but I do think he has been in the top 3 when looking a consistency this year. I actually think he is looking way better than he did last year and I'm getting very excited about the LSE line.
I agree, wholeheartedly.

As a whole he's been one of the best, even when his linemates are a little off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupie View Post
I said he'd score 30 this year. Has a ways to go but you can see the talent is there.
Playing with Laine will get him some extra assists, but will cost him goals, me thinks.

Evil Little is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Bwadlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Little View Post
I agree, wholeheartedly.

As a whole he's been one of the best, even when his linemates are a little off.

Playing with Laine will get him some extra assists, but will cost him goals, me thinks.
Watching him celebrate when Laine scores....I don't think he cares about his goal total.

Bwadlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Coach G
King Props 2016

vCash: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhors View Post
So happy that Ehlers is really finding his form out there. I wish he would get his shot off a bit quicker but that was never his strong suit. His entrances into the offensive zone have been great though, his passing looks crisp as ever. Love the LSE line so much! I don't think I am going to be able to stop myself from getting an Ehlers jets jersey to go with my mooseheads one, he is just too much fun to watch out there.
Great post, I agree that his passing has been very good and his zone entries have been elite. If he can find a quicker release on his shot, that line could put up 6 game after game.

Coach G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwadlay View Post
Watching him celebrate when Laine scores....I don't think he cares about his goal total.
I've noticed this as well in a general sense. Also when Connor got his 1st I think.

Ehlers seems like a kid with a tonne of enthusiasm, and has looked genuinely happy and excited for other players.

I like it a lot.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype

I've noticed Ehler's joy for the game this year, too. You'll see a big smile pasted across his face throughout the game. Even just after a good play. And for sure, he's as excited when his line mates score as when he does himself. Real team-first guy and amazing talent. We're lucky to have him.

Puckatron 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 09:58 PM
NikoEhlers
Let's Go Nikolaj!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckatron 3000 View Post
I've noticed Ehler's joy for the game this year, too. You'll see a big smile pasted across his face throughout the game. Even just after a good play. And for sure, he's as excited when his line mates score as when he does himself. Real team-first guy and amazing talent. We're lucky to have him.
Thats exactly who hes always been , he'll be more than fine being the one setting up a boat load of goals for Laine if it ends up like that, but he WILL have more chances as Laine gets more respect, so for the line both he and Scheif gotta score to be more dominant. And we know he has more goals in him, its his second year. I think he'll get around scoring more, but his role will probably always be creating and assisting, which is equally as important if it helps develop Laine into who we hope he'll be.

NikoEhlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Peggy

Ive been using the eye test, what people have said about him and how he's being used

Sometimes stats just don't measure unique talent

I know I don't post around a lot and ask questions that's have been answered (too many pages of my laziness)
But I've been spitting it for a while

Keep ehlers with two guys who can shoot and he'll open up a pass for you

I think he's good for 60 points. I belive he has the skill and iq to keep up with it as long as he stays on that line. because he's been playing roles that don't count stats lately(before LSE)

50 is a soft bet

Peggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:09 PM
ruffus23

This guy is starting to look expensive. Any idea what his next contract will be? 6 years by 6 million.

ruffus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
This guy is starting to look expensive. Any idea what his next contract will be? 6 years by 6 million.

I think Ehlers likes being a Jet and he seems like a good kid and wants good for the jets

I see him hooking it up with the jets and signs something like scheif.
Laine will be a bigger contract. he signs big but gives us years too
Or goes cheaper for maybe playoff push and big contractor after?

I believe these kids want to win a cup together

Peggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:23 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winn City View Post
I think Ehlers likes being a Jet and he seems like a good kid and wants good for the jets

I see him hooking it up with the jets and signs something like scheif.
Laine will be a bigger contract. he signs big but gives us years too
Or goes cheaper for maybe playoff push and big contractor after?

I believe these kids want to win a cup together
I hope so because this team will start getting expensive very soon. Over the next 2-3 years we have Ehlers, Morrissey, Laine, Connor and maybe even Trouba signing new RFA contracts. And you have Wheeler and Little hitting UFA status. If Chevy finds a way to keep this young core group together all the power to him.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Hobble

I have a feeling that the Jets are assembling something very very special with these young players. Feel like we could be the next Chicago if they sign some agreeable contracts and start winning consistently.

Hobble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:36 PM
NikoEhlers
Let's Go Nikolaj!!!

I can see it happening. But it also depends on agent in this game doesnt it. If he and Laine can sign long contracts for a good value then it will motivate others to do the same. Scheifs contract looked okay in value.

NikoEhlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Channelcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winn City View Post
Ive been using the eye test, what people have said about him and how he's being used

Sometimes stats just don't measure unique talent

I know I don't post around a lot and ask questions that's have been answered (too many pages of my laziness)
But I've been spitting it for a while

Keep ehlers with two guys who can shoot and he'll open up a pass for you

I think he's good for 60 points. I belive he has the skill and iq to keep up with it as long as he stays on that line. because he's been playing roles that don't count stats lately(before LSE)

50 is a soft bet
Ya, watching hockey is a good way to judge talent.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote