HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bure Done - Blues Offer Weinrich/McAmmond to Kings

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 03:07 AM
CBGB

vCash: 500
Bure Done - Blues Offer Weinrich/McAmmond to Kings

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Ziggy posted this on the main board but forgot here!

Old
01-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Osprey

Weinrich is one of the defensemen that I mentioned at the start of the season could be a realistic deadline acquisition for the Kings. He's not quite having the kind of season that I'd imagined, but the Blues really have been awful. He'd push Weaver into a 7th d-man role when everyone's healthy, which is good. He's not quite what I'm sure most of us would like, but I'd take him for the right price (a 4th?). It might be best to grab someone now so that the team isn't empty-handed when the ball comes around. The chance of getting the kind of d-man that the Kings really need is slim, anyways.

McAmmond is roughly a slightly-improved Armstrong, particularly speed-wise, which isn't all that bad. The Kings don't really have a well-defined spot for him, but versatile players like him are always very useful, especially for the playoffs. He does have 14 goals. Like Weinrich, it'd depend on the price.

If DT is doing all of this talking with StL, maybe he's also in the Doug Weight sweepstakes. That'd be nice.

I'm bummed about Bure. At least calling it right now gives the time to acquire a replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Kings are still on the hook for his contract (since it probably isn't insured). If so, then the cap exemption doesn't mean much, seeing as how it's not needed until the Kings decide to spend over $39M, and we know that they're set on staying well under that.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-22-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old
01-22-2006, 04:44 AM
King Blazer

McAmmond is one of the players I hoped the Monarchs would go after at the deadline last season for their playoff run. He spent last season in the AHL playing for Albany and was their leading scorer. We were told that the Kings liked the team they had in Manchester and weren't going to make any moves. Then at the 12th hour, they signed David Hymovitz to a PTO...

As far as the Kings not having a spot for him goes, I don't see McAmmond as a downgrade to Matt Ryan except it takes away from their promote from within message...

Weinrich???

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-22-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old
01-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Irish Blues

Prospects? For McAmmond and Weinrich? - and I'm a Blues fan.

Realistically, I'd take a pick for each. It can even be an '07 pick. McAmmond for a 4th, Weinrich for a 5th. But if we have to talk about prospects, then I'll have to dig a bit - not expecting much more than someone who was picked in a late round and has possible upside but is still a player the Kings wouldn't miss given what they've got in the farm system.

01-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues

Realistically, I'd take a pick for each. It can even be an '07 pick. McAmmond for a 4th, Weinrich for a 5th. But if we have to talk about prospects, then I'll have to dig a bit - not expecting much more than someone who was picked in a late round and has possible upside but is still a player the Kings wouldn't miss given what they've got in the farm system.
I really respect fans who are objective like this.

Props to Irish Blues

Old
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
jfont

Awards:
Weinrich would make a great addition on the kings...a big top 4 defenseman that can clear the front of the net. This also means that the kings can move corvo into the 5-6 role (which is an upgrade in and of itself). Anyone know his contract situation?

If the kings defense keep playing like this, DT's might be forced to make a move now rather than later. Of course things might change once all the injured players come back...but this would be a very good acquisition even without the injuries imo. Maybe a 3rd for Weinrich?

01-22-2006, 10:40 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Weinrich would make a great addition on the kings...a big top 4 defenseman that can clear the front of the net. This also means that the kings can move corvo into the 5-6 role (which is an upgrade in and of itself). Anyone know his contract situation?
News Flash... He's 39 years old... he's no longer considered a top 4 defenseman, and wouldn't move Corvo down into a lesser role in ANY way shape or form. (and, I am editing this to admit that he is getting 20 minutes a game in St. Lousy, but when you have Wideman, Dallman, Salvador, Poapst and Walker to choose from...)

Last edited by TubbyTerrion*: 01-22-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old
01-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Weinrich or Weaver and Dempsey...hmmmm.

Old
01-22-2006, 11:42 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
News Flash... He's 39 years old... he's no longer considered a top 4 defenseman, and wouldn't move Corvo down into a lesser role in ANY way shape or form. (and, I am editing this to admit that he is getting 20 minutes a game in St. Lousy, but when you have Wideman, Dallman, Salvador, Poapst and Walker to choose from...)
Seriously! Everytime we're involved in a trade or rumor people get all excited no matter who the player is, and try to turn it into something positive....a-la Carter, Quintal, Bure, etc......I do not want either of those players. That would definitely classify under the word "settling". Bring in somebody proper that can be with the Kings for years to come. The only players I want out of St. Louis is either Weight or Brewer (even though Brewer just re-injured his shoulder). So on that note...Nobody from St. Louis! Shop elsewhere!

Old
01-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Seriously! Everytime we're involved in a trade or rumor people get all excited no matter who the player is, and try to turn it into something positive....a-la Carter, Quintal, Bure, etc......I do not want either of those players. That would definitely classify under the word "settling". Bring in somebody proper that can be with the Kings for years to come. The only players I want out of St. Louis is either Weight or Brewer (even though Brewer just re-injured his shoulder). So on that note...Nobody from St. Louis! Shop elsewhere!
But you know that DT isn't going to do that because of his build form within policy, and that means he's not going to give up the necesary prospects to land a big name player.

Old
01-22-2006, 11:46 AM
kimzey59

Quote:

Wideman is tied for our team lead in goals(among D men) and is 2nd only to Weinrich in points(Wide's has 14; Weinrich has 15 and Wideman has played 13 less games than Weinrich). Furthermore he has had far fewer defensive lapses than his +/- would indicate. Basically; Wideman has been one of our top D men since we called him up. As a Blues fan I would MUCH rather be giving him ice time than Weinrich.

Salvy may not have much offensive ability, but he's younger, more physical and more mobile than Weinrich at this point in their respective careers. Again I'd rather be giving Salvy the ice time than Weinrich.

On top of those two we also have Jackman, Backman and Brewer to give the ice time to; of course, only 2 of those have been healthy at any given moment. Still, that's 5 D men that Blues fans would rather have getting Weinrich's ice time. The fact that he's leading in our D men in ATOI should tell you how much Kitchen relies on him and how much he still has left in the tank. He's definately slowed down, but he can still be effective if his time is limited.

Dallman and Poapst I'll agree on. Both are at best 5/6 D men.

Old
01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
meh! i'm sure the kings could squeeze about 5 more quality months out of that guy...

Old
01-22-2006, 11:51 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
The only players I want out of St. Louis is either Weight or Brewer (even though Brewer just re-injured his shoulder). So on that note...Nobody from St. Louis! Shop elsewhere!
jackman?

Old
01-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
jackman?
His shoulder injuries scare me. Dude is an awesome player, but I'd seriously question his shoulders.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Weinrich? Give me a break

However, One guy I would definitely like to take from the Blues is Dennis Wideman.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:15 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
jackman?
I wouldn't mind him also. But I highly doubt they move him after that one big year he had. He's fallen off the radar but that could be due to the club he plays for. The Blues are in shambles, but they'll be back, and in the meantime......they're going to have to figure out who they keep and who they get rid of. As of right now it sounds like they're getting rid of their cheese!............and will most likely do it for nothing!

Old
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Weinrich? Give me a break

However, One guy I would definitely like to take from the Blues is Dennis Wideman.
you can forget the young guys on their team man...thats where they're going to start building on.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
BINGO

The yellow shield would go lovely with the black and purple...

Old
01-22-2006, 02:39 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
The yellow shield would go lovely with the black and purple...
Mclaren part deux.........I can't stand that visor. I don't think they know they're playing hockey......they're confusing it with LaserTag.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Tadite

McAmmond is decent... for a pick. No way is he worth a good prospect.

Whats his contract status?

Old
01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues

Wienrich? All things considered, I'd rather have Witt.

However.....

Your choice of a 4th OR Greg Hogeboom for Dean McAmmond

Old
01-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Capn Brown

Did I say Hogeboom? What I MEANT was:

EITHER Dany Roussin OR Marty Guerin OR a 4th for McAmmond.

Old
01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Wienrich? All things considered, I'd rather have Witt.

Agreed...we should hold out for something better...Witt, Boynton...D-men that can make a large impact on a game!
Weinrich although an upgrade will not significantly make us better.

Old
01-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Agreed...we should hold out for something better...Witt, Boynton...D-men that can make a large impact on a game!
Weinrich although an upgrade will not significantly make us better.
Do you think Boynton's obtainable? Then again, if the B's were idiotic enough to part with Joe Thornton, I 'spose anything's possible.

Maybe we can convince them that Grebeshkov is the second coming?

Old
01-22-2006, 05:05 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Do you think Boynton's obtainable? Then again, if the B's were idiotic enough to part with Joe Thornton, I 'spose anything's possible.

Maybe we can convince them that Grebeshkov is the second coming?
Boston is too close to Manchester for them to be that stupid. But, then again?

I'd love to see a package of Samsonov and Boynton coming our way.

Closed Thread