HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bure Done - Blues Offer Weinrich/McAmmond to Kings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2006, 06:21 PM
  #26
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Boston isn't going to trade Boynton unless the offer is rediculous.

And why wouldnt you people want Weinrich? I'd take him over Weaver and Dempsey anyday of the week.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
  #27
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Bring in somebody proper that can be with the Kings for years to come.
How do Samsonov and Boynton qualify here? Sergei is a UFA this Summer and Nick is only one more season away.

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 06:45 PM
  #28
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Please oh please acquire at least a solid defenceman. I wouldn't mind Weinrich, but not if that is the only deal we make. Then I would cry.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 06:46 PM
  #29
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Hmmm...Norstrom, Lubo, Gleason, Miller, Corvo, Weinrich and Witt....I can dream, can't I?

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
  #30
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
I can dream, can't I?
No.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:48 PM
  #31
10 ft. pole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
I am still convinced Blake is coming to town in March. Richards is on everyones I wish list. Holik would also be a player who I would love to get on this team.



To Colorado: Noah Clarke and a 5th
To LA: Blake

To Tampa-Grebeshkov, Armstrong, and LA's first rounder this year
To LA-Richards

10 ft. pole is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:53 PM
  #32
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
I am still convinced Blake is coming to town in March. Richards is on everyones I wish list. Holik would also be a player who I would love to get on this team.



To Colorado: Noah Clarke and a 5th
To LA: Blake

To Tampa-Grebeshkov, Armstrong, and LA's first rounder this year
To LA-Richards
Wow. I don't think those trades would even go through in NHL 2K6.

If Colorado is still in the playoff hunt (Which they should be), I don't see them trading Blake. They'd rather ride him out 'til his deal expires and get the most out of him on their roster.

And that "proposal" for Richards is a wee bit lopsided in the Kings favor don't you think? Grebeshkov won't command such a return, and Armstrong really doesn't have too much value.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
  #33
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
I think that DT has his heart set on Blake, but, as Stardust mentioned, the Avs will likely keep him for the playoffs. Therefore, I see the Kings signing him this Summer, which is all the more reason to pick up a rental (like Weinrich) that comes off of the books by then.

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
  #34
CB420
Registered User
 
CB420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton,AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Tough luck for the Bure bros, some people might not remember but I think both pavel and val hold some season record for most goals combined by brothers in 1 nhl season.

the year pavel bure was with the panthers and scored 50somethin and valeri played for cowtown then n scored 34 or something.

a bad move i guess by the kings GM to even sign him after wathching him do nothing basically for 3 years, v.bures best season was his last with the flames and that seems like years, he coulda been a player to break out tho, in the new less holding, hooking game flow, small skilled guy but hes probly gonna retire I guess now, or after this season.

CB420 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:24 PM
  #35
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
OK here's a Q: Why did Blake leave in the 1st place? Was it a purely monetary thing?

Or did he have a problem with AM?

I am just wondering if the conditions would be that much different now so as to pave the way for his return...

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:30 PM
  #36
10 ft. pole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Wow. I don't think those trades would even go through in NHL 2K6.

If Colorado is still in the playoff hunt (Which they should be), I don't see them trading Blake. They'd rather ride him out 'til his deal expires and get the most out of him on their roster.

And that "proposal" for Richards is a wee bit lopsided in the Kings favor don't you think? Grebeshkov won't command such a return, and Armstrong really doesn't have too much value.

I agree that the deal for Blake is contingent on the Avs playoff chances.

As far as the Richards deal, The salary he is going to command next year as a RFA lowers his value.I also think that Armstrong is a great pickup for anybody and I hate to lose him. He has played well with anyone he has played with in any role. He is also cheap. Grebs is still a number 3 D-man waiting to happen. He just needs the room in a teams lineup to develop in the NHL. The first round pick is probly one of the most coveted things in the NHL nowadays. Is this trade value for value? No,. It does however give Tampa depth, future, and the ability to operate under the cap. They need a fricken goalie. They already have Vinny and Martin. Brad is a tradeable asset!

10 ft. pole is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
  #37
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,916
vCash: 500
Trust me, there are 20 or more teams out there who could offer just as much (or more) for a #1 center like Brad Richards.

I'd love to see the Kings acquire him, but it would take a pretty package, along the likes of the trade Taylor made to acquire Ziggy Palffy.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-22-2006, 09:40 PM
  #38
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
OK here's a Q: Why did Blake leave in the 1st place? Was it a purely monetary thing?

Or did he have a problem with AM?

I am just wondering if the conditions would be that much different now so as to pave the way for his return...
Time heals wounds. Blake got what he wanted--a chance with a good team and, ultimately, the Cup--and, I think, would be open to returning home. If you know the parable of the prodigal son, I'd point to that as an analogy. If you don't, I'd point to how certain species return to the place of their birth to die. Ok, that's just a terrible analogy; let's stick with the prodigal son . So, yes, I think that the conditions are different now. I think that sentiment, more than anything, will bring the two sides (Blake and the Kings) together again (if not this Summer, then certainly eventually).

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 10:54 PM
  #39
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Boston isn't going to trade Boynton unless the offer is rediculous.

And why wouldnt you people want Weinrich? I'd take him over Weaver and Dempsey anyday of the week.
Weinrich to replace one of them would be great , but still does not fill our need on D. Your probably right about Boynotn, however hopefully DT can makes something happen. Mitchell, Kuba,Stuart,Boynton,Brewer,Witt,Klee, etc. I just think that closer to the deadline there will be alot more avaliable options. As for the forward position I dont expect us to get a Sundin or Richards but I would settle for someone like O'Neil or Sillinger.....someone along those lines to help with some depth in the playoffs.


Last edited by kingbrath: 01-22-2006 at 11:08 PM.
kingbrath is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 12:33 AM
  #40
absolutic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Time heals wounds. Blake got what he wanted--a chance with a good team and, ultimately, the Cup--and, I think, would be open to returning home. If you know the parable of the prodigal son, I'd point to that as an analogy. If you don't, I'd point to how certain species return to the place of their birth to die. Ok, that's just a terrible analogy; let's stick with the prodigal son . So, yes, I think that the conditions are different now. I think that sentiment, more than anything, will bring the two sides (Blake and the Kings) together again (if not this Summer, then certainly eventually).
Blake may want to return after winning the cup, he's got everything he wanted in Colorado....but do we have enough $$$ under the cap to pay him?

absolutic is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 12:47 AM
  #41
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutic
Blake may want to return after winning the cup, he's got everything he wanted in Colorado....but do we have enough $$$ under the cap to pay him?
Room under the cap?........Yes


Room under TL's budget?........No

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 01:56 AM
  #42
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutic
Blake may want to return after winning the cup, he's got everything he wanted in Colorado....but do we have enough $$$ under the cap to pay him?
His age, the new economics and, particularly, the relatively disappointing season that he's coming off of will mean that he won't command nearly as much as he's used to making. I'd guess maybe $3.5M (Edit: Schneider makes $3.3M, for comparison). That's pretty affordable. The Kings would make it happen for him, regardless, I'm sure.


Last edited by Osprey: 01-23-2006 at 02:05 AM.
Osprey is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 02:05 AM
  #43
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger on a deal for both of them. AS the season goes on, prices for guys like Weinrich and McAmmond are only going to go up.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 02:07 AM
  #44
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger on a deal for both of them. AS the season goes on, prices for guys like Weinrich and McAmmond are only going to go up.
I agree. Here's what I said on the trade board earlier today:

The Kings should take 'em both, especially before the rest of the teams realize that they aren't getting the prime players that they want (ex. Weight, Leetch), either. A month from now, the price for players like Weinrich and McAmmond will go up as available players and the chances of getting even one such player (much less two) dwindle. If I were Dave Taylor, I'd pull both deals. Better to have a dollar in your pocket now than to risk an empty pocket later.

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 02:18 AM
  #45
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I agree. Here's what I said on the trade board earlier today:

The Kings should take 'em both, especially before the rest of the teams realize that they aren't getting the prime players that they want (ex. Weight, Leetch), either. A month from now, the price for players like Weinrich and McAmmond will go up as available players and the chances of getting even one such player (much less two) dwindle. If I were Dave Taylor, I'd pull both deals. Better to have a dollar in your pocket now than to risk an empty pocket later.
Exactly.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 05:09 AM
  #46
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
I agree with both Reaper and Osprey.
MacAmmond is a versatile, speedy forward who can score...sure we could use him.

Albi is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 12:02 PM
  #47
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
DT should deal for McAmmond, Witt, and Satan.

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 12:11 PM
  #48
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
DT should deal for McAmmond, Witt, and Satan.
Kings fans would be lucky if DT even gets two veterans, IMO; three is pretty implausible. Also, the Islanders signed Satan to a 3-year contract this past August. It's not likely that they'll trade him.

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 12:14 PM
  #49
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,221
vCash: 500
Weinrich is a friggin pylon, if your interested in a Pylon give Philly a call they have a Pylon that wears #6 in Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
DT should deal for McAmmond, Witt, and Satan.
Teams have been after Witt for at least 3 years at the trade deadline. I think its going to cost LA or any other team quite a bit to land him since demand for him is so high aka just about every playoff contender.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
01-23-2006, 01:05 PM
  #50
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Weinrich is a friggin pylon, if your interested in a Pylon give Philly a call they have a Pylon that wears #6 in Philly.
i'd rather see Weinrich in a Kings uniform at 87 years old than any moment of any season of Chris Therien's career.

wabwat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.