HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

NHL signs 16-year deal with Fanatics for replica jerseys, champion apparel

Old
01-18-2017, 08:06 PM
danielpalfredsson
dorion is an ok gm

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I certainly hope they'll be cheaper, because there will certainly be less demand for something that *looks* cheaper.
I am pretty sure the Adidas WCOH replicas are the same quality as the upcoming "Fanatics" NHL replicas. The reason I suspect this is that the description of Fanatics jerseys fits the Adidas replicas to a tee. They were a bit slimmer fitting with lighter thinner material.

There's been a lot of backlash about these upcoming changes via what has been described in the article about Fanatics, but I didn't really notice any complaining online about the Adidas replicas when they were right under our nose being sold during the WCOH. I couldn't tell you how well they sold, but they were more expensive than Reebok Premiers. I bought one at 75 percent off for $40 and the original price at Sportchek was 159.99. Currently, Reebok Premiers are 139.99 so that would represent nearly a 15 percent rise in price.

danielpalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 02:39 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

vCash: 500
My guesses re: 2.0s not being allowed in America

- customs costs too high compared to Indonesia
- reduce retail demand for pricier-to-make 2.0s by making them harder to get (unavailable to the more populous of the two countries the NHL plays in)
- Canadian government restricts export of 2.0s to keep the "good jerseys" for Canadians

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 02:41 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

I haven't taken a good look at the WCOH replicas. As a big man (4XL, all in the gut, I'd be 2XL otherwise), do I really need to buy a premier jersey this season if I want a replica that will fit me comfortably?

Old
01-19-2017, 11:22 AM
danielpalfredsson
dorion is an ok gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
I haven't taken a good look at the WCOH replicas. As a big man (4XL, all in the gut, I'd be 2XL otherwise), do I really need to buy a premier jersey this season if I want a replica that will fit me comfortably?
Are you a Blue Jackets fan (guessing based on your username)? I wouldn't rush out to get a Premier. I don't buy the hype that they'll dry up. If I can still find CCM jerseys from the 2000s on eBay, why would there be any issue with me finding a Premier after Adidas takes over?

If you're that size, you might consider buying a team issued jersey. There are some good deals out there for them as they are too big for your average person. I don't know for sure if 58 will fit you as a 4XL, but for example a 30 second eBay search turns up this.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252664075613

$110 shipped for an Edge 2.0 which is cheaper than a brand new Premier, and an updated name plate might cost $30 bucks. (or the name plate could carefully be removed with a seam ripper yourself for free)

danielpalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Thanks!

I'll check the Jackets' team-issued jersey sales. They usually have some good deals on blanks/lesser-known players.

Old
01-22-2017, 06:30 PM
MapleLeafsFan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAShadow View Post
I just received a Fanatics branded tshirt from NHL com today. $27.95 US plus taxes and shipping. It was an utter piece of garbage. It's a very thin screen on a dollar store quality tshirt like you might have gotten at some tourist trap custom tshirt place in the '80's. You know the type of screening that starts to peel off after one wash. The cheapo screening wasn't even finished properly with a single color white screening smudged and gray right across the middle of the screening. The tshirt is super thin and has flimsy stitching on its seams. I'm definitely returning this. The NHL is now selling poor quality merchandise. Very sad.
In October 2014 I purchased a Maple Leafs Reebok t-shirt from the Shop.NHL.com or call it Fanatics since they run their website and I remember it said it was in stock and would ship within 2-7 business days. A few weeks go by and no e-mail from them saying it's shipped. I call them and decided to cancel the order and was told no problem. A week later I needed to update my PayPal account to change the credit card on there. There was a problem since the order was never cancelled and I was not allowed to change my credit card. Long story short sometime in the middle of November 2014 I assumed the order was cancelled since it was no longer shown on my PayPal account, however out of the blue I get an e-mail saying the shirt was shipped and the money was once again deducted. Call them up to explain the whole story and they refund me the cost. So I was happy to get the t-shirt for free, however when I opened it they were a little blue stain on it which could be seen if you know where it is. Anyway for those who have not seen it there is a website where people right reviews about Fanatics and 9/10 are always negative horrible reviews.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.fanatics.com

MapleLeafsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2017, 10:26 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...50207334154240

@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Sports merchandise giant @Fanatics has agreed to buy VF's Licensed Sports Group, which includes Majestic.

Will be interesting to see if this means anything WRT the NHL and MLB deals. Could still see Majestic branded gear down the road?

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 10:43 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Sparty

I expect the authentics sold to the general public won't be the same as the authentics worn on the ice, much like Reebok did when they sold the Indonesian Edge "Authentic" jerseys.

Sparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 12:43 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

vCash: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
I expect the authentics sold to the general public won't be the same as the authentics worn on the ice, much like Reebok did when they sold the Indonesian Edge "Authentic" jerseys.
I would imagine there would be an option to get the on ice ones if the Adidas authentic ones are only supposedly 200 dollars, seeing that Indo edge jerseys typically sell retail for 270-300 blank.

PlamsUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 03:14 PM
cannucky

I paid $100 on sale for the authentic new logo away jersey at the local sports retailer last fall and was told to expect to pay 200-225 this year if I want a new Addidas version , f that .I have a Reebok knock off that you can't tell is a knock off because it was done right , the only reason I know it's a knock off is because it was sold in kiosk in the International Mall bazaar across from Rogers arena that popped up for Xmas then disappeared , they were charging 40 bucks a single 2 for 75 and had the Leafs , Habs ,Oilers and mens and womens Team Canada , at that price there is no way they are real but they are exact copies down to the Holographic labels . Thats the thing about knockoffs yes there are real crappy ones you can spot a mile away but there are also real good ones . Gave that one away when I got the new one and the gal I gave it to has worn it to games and has pics all over the web and nobody has ever questioned her about it .

cannucky is offline   Reply With Quote